Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #5086
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Shouldn't we save the "Google is Evil" reason for when we have a "Why I Won't Buy a Samsung Android ILC" thread?

Sorry if this is OT

02-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #5087
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
horisontal skiing

RE: X-Games sports, yeah, I know, attract younger people, change is good and all that. But I'm old and grumpy. I even still shoot film cameras.

K3?? Bah. H3v rules.
02-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #5088
Veteran Member

I wont buy a k3 because the improved autofocus might actually get my subject in focus instead of the ^(*^&*^(* reeds to the back and right of it. proper focus would then actually result in more potential keepers and triple my workflow time.

right now I can count on my POS k5iis AF to screw up nearly 8 out of 10 times and render useless OOF blobs. this makes culling my photos easy

out of 194 pics I took on Saturday, 44!!!!! were in focus and those were the ones after I switched over to manual focus.

what good is an AF camera if it can't focus? geez, how tough is it for center point AF to actually focus on the intended target, not the stupid reeds or grasses to the right or left a half a body length, or the REFLECTION!!!! in the water (seriously?). And yes, I have calibrated my lens 3! times to make sure it's not BF/FF. it's spot on, but the damn crappy PDAF hates fur and feathers.

and heaven forbid I actually have branches in front of my subject, that's just not happening
02-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #5089
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
But I'm old and grumpy

Man if I had a dollar for every time I said that. It seems with each passing year my grumpiness grows. I doubt a K-3 would make me any less grumpy.

02-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #5090
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
duckduckgo.com is the goto search engine if privacy is a concern they don't store your searches or track you.

---------- Post added 02-10-14 at 12:13 PM ----------

I don't have the time to read all these pages but I think you should be able to tell has lack of neon color options been cited as a reason why we aren't buying this wonderful camera?
I use a freeware app called Lil Snitch that allows select blocking of any or all tracking snoops from marketers or Google. Only problem is that new snoopers appear monthly requiring me to edit the blocked trackers list. This may be a Mac OSX app only, don't know.

Ran a shutter count on my one year old K30 today. It was 9924. I won't buy a K3 until the shutter count is in five figures.
02-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #5091
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

Oh, and doesn't your phone have a convert app?

My featureless flip phone does.
I'm sure that it does. Again. See previous lazy statement.
02-10-2014, 12:17 PM - 1 Like   #5092
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
New club: Grumpy Old Hocir Haters Around the World! The G.O.H.H.A.W.ay club

02-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #5093
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Watch out for "them".

And the black helicopters.

And the black K3.

Me?

I'll take some Jack Daniels, single barrel, straight up. Bacon and cheese on a Ritz cracker. No possum stew, thank you.
Road kill stew, you mean.
02-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #5094
Veteran Member

Couldn't make one that resembled get off my lawn!!
02-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #5095
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
Man if I had a dollar for every time I said that. It seems with each passing year my grumpiness grows. I doubt a K-3 would make me any less grumpy.
That's what Wife 2.0 always tells me, too. But she's wrong. I've just been in a bad mood for six decades.
02-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #5096
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
New club: Grumpy Old Hocir Haters Around the World! The G.O.H.H.A.W.ay club
Monochrome could be the founding father.

But dont they already have that club? I think its called Hair club for men.
02-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #5097
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I'm sure that it does. Again. See previous lazy statement.
I'm thinking how bad it is to be lazy while I'm sitting on my couch waiting for Olympic coverage to start. (do I have time for a nap??)
02-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #5098
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
I wont buy a k3 because the improved autofocus might actually get my subject in focus instead of the ^(*^&*^(* reeds to the back and right of it. proper focus would then actually result in more potential keepers and triple my workflow time.

right now I can count on my POS k5iis AF to screw up nearly 8 out of 10 times and render useless OOF blobs. this makes culling my photos easy

out of 194 pics I took on Saturday, 44!!!!! were in focus and those were the ones after I switched over to manual focus.

what good is an AF camera if it can't focus? geez, how tough is it for center point AF to actually focus on the intended target, not the stupid reeds or grasses to the right or left a half a body length, or the REFLECTION!!!! in the water (seriously?). And yes, I have calibrated my lens 3! times to make sure it's not BF/FF. it's spot on, but the damn crappy PDAF hates fur and feathers.

and heaven forbid I actually have branches in front of my subject, that's just not happening
Are you shooting through viewfinder or live view?
02-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #5099
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Couldn't make one that resembled get off my lawn!!

This is so true, My kids can run in my lawn all they want, but the neighbor kids run in my lawn and pick my oranges. It p***es me off!
02-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #5100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
pick my oranges
Now that is just wrong!! Don't their parental influences teach them anything??? As a gardener, I hate it when people sneak in and grab stuff!! Just say hi and ask, I gladly give away buckets of produce! Now I got the itch to get planting!! spring hurry up and get here!!!
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »