Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #5101
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote

---------- Post added 02-10-14 at 12:05 PM ----------

And one more thing, the poor south is going to get shellacked again!! Stay safe dansamy!!
What?!? Noooo!!!!

02-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #5102
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now that is just wrong!! Don't their parental influences teach them anything??? As a gardener, I hate it when people sneak in and grab stuff!! Just say hi and ask, I gladly give away buckets of produce! Now I got the itch to get planting!! spring hurry up and get here!!!
I have 3 variants of oranges in my front yard, which people pillage all the time (P***es me off ) In my backyard I have kumquats, grapefruits, lemons, limes, and 2 other variants of oranges. The front yard I can SORTA deal with. When I find people in backyard I lose it, how dare they come in my backyard!
02-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #5103
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'm old and grumpy.
QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
Man if I had a dollar for every time I said that.
I didn't know you two knew each other that well!

02-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #5104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I didn't know you two knew each other that well!

Gumpy folks have to stick together. It is nice to gripe in company with someone who is as grumpy as you are.

Beware of grumpy people in large groups.

02-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #5105
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
In Iowa it's called the Caucuses!!

---------- Post added 02-10-14 at 02:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
What?!? Noooo!!!!
Supposed to give Atlanta another Pimp Slappin!! Not sure farther south. Wrap yourself in bubble wrap just in case!

---------- Post added 02-10-14 at 02:28 PM ----------

I have 3 variants of oranges in my front yard, which people pillage all the time (P***es me off ) In my backyard I have kumquats, grapefruits, lemons, limes, and 2 other variants of oranges. The front yard I can SORTA deal with. When I find people in backyard I lose it, how dare they come in my backyard!
I would love to have all that tropical fruit!!! I'm limited to the climate, which means rasberries, strawberries, black rasberries, and all the garden standards like peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers!! Try rocksalt loads, works great!! I did not just advocate violence!!
02-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #5106
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Are we the only ones without a proper winter this year?

I snapped this a rather snowy winter some years ago. I don't envy the owners the job they had waiting for them.

I highly doubt either of them will buy a K-3!
02-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #5107
Pentaxian

OK after 2 hours of reading I am now up to date!!! WOO HOO!!
Points of interest: ...
W.W.E.W.S. - What Would Evelyn Wood Say ... "SCROLL FASTER !!!" (Wow, that sounds kinda "nasty" ... doesn't it?! )

W.W.E.W.S.A.K-3 - What Would Evelyn Wood Say About K-3 ... _______________________ (fill in the blank, let those creative juices run wild ...)

02-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #5108
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
W.W.E.W.S.A.K-3 - What Would Evelyn Wood Say About K-3 ... _______________________ (fill in the blank, let those creative juices run wild ...)
"bleep-bleep-bleepity-bleep!!!"
02-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #5109
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Hmmm, where's the moody rater?? (Please excuse my lousy English! Or my blasted auto "correcting" tablet! Your choice )
02-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #5110
Veteran Member

Are we the only ones without a proper winter this year?

I snapped this a rather snowy winter some years ago. I don't envy the owners the job they had waiting for them.

I highly doubt either of them will buy a K-3!
At that point I am no longer worried about the paint on my car, that is a job for a flame thrower...
02-10-2014, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #5111
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gumpy folks have to stick together. It is nice to gripe in company with someone who is as grumpy as you are.

According to the Castle Doctrine, people should beware of a single grumpy old person whose fruit is being pilfered from the very tree branch under which it hangs. There's a reason it isn't an H&K3.
02-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #5112
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
According to the Castle Doctrine, people should beware of a single grumpy old person whose fruit is being pilfered from the very tree branch under which it hangs. There's a reason it isn't an H&K3.

My fruit is a sour subject with me and so is the K-3

pun intended
02-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #5113
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And you forgot about the scotch! What's more important than scotch? With a dash of good water?
Bourbon, sir.
02-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #5114
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Bourbon, sir.
Isn't that the stuff you're supposed to mix with coke? Or with Coke? I'm never sure.

Of course, bourbon casks are nice for ageing Scotch in
02-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #5115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Only have a Key lime in the back now, after battling the state of Florida about citrus canker (they destroyed untold thousands of backyard citrus trees in a futile attempt to control this disease). Lost a red grapefruit, pineapple orange, and Valencia orange in the battle. Planted the Key lime a couple of years ago when the state gave up and said it was OK to plant citrus again, if the plants came from certified canker-free sources.

Can't buy a K-3 until Hocir certifies them canker-free.

---------- Post added 02-10-14 at 04:10 PM ----------

Some Philistines will mix anything with Coke (even -- <blech> scotch). Good bourbon (sippin' whiskey) ought not to be mixed with anything, except maybe the legendary Branch Water.

Can't buy a K-3 until Branch Water appears in Miami.