Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #5371
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Fading
Ah, but there's still some resistance left in me!

Actually, per kg that K200/2.5 is a lot cheaper than a K-3. Which is why I won't get a K-3.

And no hociR! Saves me a lot in tape, too.

02-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #5372
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fading
away.
02-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #5373
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

away.
You're not helping.
02-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #5374
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
You're not helping.
Really?

02-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #5375
Veteran Member

So yesterday, two coyotes climbed the four foot chain link fence into our backyard, killed and ate one of our fattest pet squirrels and then meandered across the woods as if they owned it. Mrs. Waterfall 2.0 captured them on her iPhone camera. I was out shooting rotting wood buildings. The coyotes left, the squirrels returned to the feed bin, and then the big buck whitetails showed up at blue snow time. In the shadows, six does awaiting their Majesties to finish eating. Very poor photo op. Had the outside lights off and tried one shot with the Sigma 50 f1.4 and it looked too lousy to keep.

Just a menagerie here in Minnesota during the winter. Critters come from the woods, travel in the woods, eat our deers' corn. And the squirrels and deer all are mutants. We have a twelve point buck that has to weight at least 250 pounds, live weight. He eats first, then lets a smaller eight pointer munch. The bigger does are waiting in the shadows, meantime, and the two large bucks take their time and threaten any other deer. Poor little spike buck eats after them, but still before the does. Then the does eat, kicking at yearling fawns from other does to keep them at bay.

I think an outside tripod setup with remote cable shutter inside through the door, ISO 1600 with the f1.4 might work to capture them. Problem is I am not allowed to "disturb" them, according to Mrs. Waterfall 2.0. I used to shoot and eat them, and she did not like that. The shooting was done in National Forests Up North, only during deer hunting season. But she knows I had outlaw Finns as ancestors who shot and ate anything, anytime.

I won't buy a K3 until all these critters are happy. Or at least warm!
02-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #5376
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
So yesterday, two coyotes climbed ... Or at least warm!
Spring
02-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #5377
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Really?
Yes, really! I think you're just trying to trick me into this LBA thing I've heard about.

Not gonna happen.

No sirree.

19 (I think) lenses ought to be enough for anyone!

---------- Post added 2014-02-13 at 21:43 ----------

So yesterday, two coyotes climbed the four foot chain link fence ...
Might be relatives of this one?

02-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #5378
Pentaxian

Yes, really! I think you're just trying to trick me into this LBA thing I've heard about.

Not gonna happen.

No sirree.

19 (I think) lenses ought to be enough for anyone!
"Look deep into my eyes ... You are getting sleepy, sleepy ..." Allez, bonne nuit tout le monde J
02-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #5379
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
ought to be
See? There's always a loophole. Ought to be. Not "Is", or "Has to be"; but "Ought to be". That leaves open the possibility that it isn't enough.
02-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #5380
Veteran Member

Ah, but there's still some resistance left in me!

Actually, per kg that K200/2.5 is a lot cheaper than a K-3. Which is why I won't get a K-3.

And no hociR! Saves me a lot in tape, too.
Well, If we pay by the pound, then the smallest lenses cost the least. Doesn't work that way, i.e. Limited line. But if we pay by the desire, same result. So maybe Pentax should price all lenses based on another metric: the highest LBA score = lowest price (complete reversal of micro-economics cost calculation). But I, IMHO as a Grumpy Old Man, would enjoyll owning and using some lenses that are "Too Freaking Expensive!"

So Pentax does not charge by the pound. Does not charge in reverse by Demand (i.e. like all mtgs, they must max out sales and profit for shareholders). All that is left is to Refuse to Buy a K3.

Maybe the K3 will go on a diet?
02-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #5381
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am not allowed to "disturb" them, according to Mrs. Waterfall 2.0. I used to shoot and eat them, and she did not like that. The shooting was done in National Forests Up North, only during deer hunting season. But she knows I had outlaw Finns as ancestors who shot and ate anything, anytime.
Disney shall never be forgiven for turning food into Bambi.
02-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #5382
Veteran Member

I don't get it Moderators can't close this thread.

I understand Pentaxians are passionate. But seriously this thread is plain lunatic.

I am sorry the intention is not to offend anyone - But geeze! I think even 12 year old girls argue better on who is their favorite pop star.

Seriously Moderator should close this thread. I understand this democracy and what not. But this thread is a sore in the eye.
02-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #5383
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
I don't get it Moderators can't close this thread.

I understand Pentaxians are passionate. But seriously this thread is plain lunatic.

I am sorry the intention is not to offend anyone - But geeze! I think even 12 year old girls argue better on who is their favorite pop star.

Seriously Moderator should close this thread. I understand this democracy and what not. But this thread is a sore in the eye.
I think you are missing the point, its satirical
02-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #5384
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

(i.e. like all mtgs, they must max out sales and profit for shareholders).
Workers of the World Unite!!!

A K3 in every bag!!!

Why none of us will buy a K3!!!
02-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #5385
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
See? There's always a loophole. Ought to be. Not "Is", or "Has to be"; but "Ought to be". That leaves open the possibility that it isn't enough.
Why do I feel like I am repeating myself? Oh, that's right: because I am!

You are not helping!