Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2014, 01:54 PM - 2 Likes   #5386
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
I don't get it Moderators can't close this thread.
But seriously this thread is plain lunatic.
See? You asked and answered your own question.

02-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #5387
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Well, If we pay by the pound, then the smallest lenses cost the least. Doesn't work that way, i.e. Limited line. But if we pay by the desire, same result. So maybe Pentax should price all lenses based on another metric: the highest LBA score = lowest price (complete reversal of micro-economics cost calculation). But I, IMHO as a Grumpy Old Man, would enjoyll owning and using some lenses that are "Too Freaking Expensive!"

So Pentax does not charge by the pound. Does not charge in reverse by Demand (i.e. like all mtgs, they must max out sales and profit for shareholders). All that is left is to Refuse to Buy a K3.

Maybe the K3 will go on a diet?
Is this helping? Not sure, I got a bit confused on the way from pay by the pound to grumpy old men going on a K-3 diet.

Which is a good reason for not getting a K-3.

Not sure about the K200/2.5, though.

---------- Post added 2014-02-13 at 21:57 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
"Look deep into my eyes ... You are getting sleepy, sleepy ..." Allez, bonne nuit tout le monde J
Dang, I got all sleepy. Too tired to get myself a K-3 now. Or a K200.
02-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #5388
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Is this helping? Not sure, I got a bit confused on the way from pay by the pound to grumpy old men going on a K-3 diet.

Which is a good reason for not getting a K-3.

Not sure about the K200/2.5, though.

---------- Post added 2014-02-13 at 21:57 ----------

I got confused also.
02-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #5389
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
One of them morphed into a truck.
Must be like the Knight Rider (2008) KITT, which was a Mustang Shelby GTO500, but could "transform" into a F-150 pickup, an E-150 van, a Crown Vic police cruiser... (gosh, why did no one watch that show?)

General Lee is in red, I assume? To match the shoulder epaulets of southern generals.
Orange actually. Called "Corvette Flame Red", but really orange. "HEMI Orange" and "Hugger Orange" were also used. Red trim indicated artillery branch for both North and South uniforms.

Dansamy, I read once that they had like six or more "General Lees" on that series. Some of course became trashed. The one you shot may be one of the originals!
Amy's picture was KITT from Knight Rider. Apparently, about a half-dozen of the 22 KITTs built still exit. There were dozens or hundreds of (some say over 300?) General Lees - they wrecked about one per episode. Maybe a couple dozen of them still exist. I think I remember reading that the one at the Kruse museum is a "restoration" from several cars, some of which were in the show. It is signed by cast members!

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I was sleepy, but I've had my nap, so now I have to whip up the snow possums and see if I can make it in to work. There were dozens of abandoned cars (and even postal jeeps) on the way home yesterday. I'm so embarrassed...

02-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #5390
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Must be like the Knight Rider (2008) KITT, which was a Mustang Shelby GTO500, but could "transform" into a F-150 pickup, an E-150 van, a Crown Vic police cruiser... (gosh, why did no one watch that show?)

Orange actually. Called "Corvette Flame Red", but really orange. "HEMI Orange" and "Hugger Orange" were also used. Red trim indicated artillery branch for both North and South uniforms.

Amy's picture was KITT from Knight Rider. Apparently, about a half-dozen of the 22 KITTs built still exit. There were dozens or hundreds of (some say over 300?) General Lees - they wrecked about one per episode. Maybe a couple dozen of them still exist. I think I remember reading that the one at the Kruse museum is a "restoration" from several cars, some of which were in the show. It is signed by cast members!

I was sleepy, but I've had my nap, so now I have to whip up the snow possums and see if I can make it in to work. There were dozens of abandoned cars (and even postal jeeps) on the way home yesterday. I'm so embarrassed...
I remember watching that TV show with the talking car. "Car 54 Where Are You?"
02-13-2014, 02:12 PM   #5391
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Well, does the dark side at least have cookies?
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
No cookies. How about a nice igunaq and cheese on lefse sammich instead?
^^^ Whut he said. ^^^
02-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #5392
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well, does the dark side at least have cookies?
There are cookies, but they are used to track your activity on the Web. Not a good thing. Once you post here you will see Hocir everywhere! I even saw several references on Steve Gandy's cameraquest.com today.

Steve

---------- Post added 02-13-14 at 01:23 PM ----------

Seriously Moderator should close this thread. I understand this democracy and what not. But this thread is a sore in the eye.
QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
I think you are missing the point, its satirical
What is satirical? I don't post a single thing here that could not be taken seriously by the right person and every person and what they take seriously should be respected, right? Besides, satire is mean and I don't think that many of us are mean. I know...there is the occasional mention of dead birds and Bambi in truck grills, but that is hardly mean. Puppies would be mean.

In many ways this thread is deadly serious. Millions of people live in Tokyo and its destruction would be a grave loss. So too would be the harm done to thousands of people who might buy a K-3 without considering all the reasons why they should not.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-13-2014 at 02:24 PM.
02-13-2014, 02:23 PM - 1 Like   #5393
Pentaxian

But this thread is a sore in the eye.
Relax. Have a cookie...
02-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #5394
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What is satirical? I don't post a single thing here that could not be taken seriously by the right person and every person and what they take seriously should be respected, right? Besides, satire is mean and I don't think that many of us are mean. I know...there is the occasional mention of dead birds and Bambi in truck grills, but that is hardly mean. Puppies would be mean.

In many ways this thread is deadly serious. Millions of people live in Tokyo and its destruction would be a grave loss. So too would be the harm done to thousands of people who might buy a K-3 without considering all the reasons why they should not.

Steve
Well Played sir, Well played
02-13-2014, 02:26 PM   #5395
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Relax. Have a cookie...
My mother taught me not to accept cookies from strangers.

Going into the Privacy settings of my browser now...
02-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #5396
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I remember watching that TV show with the talking car. "Car 54 Where Are You?"
That would be "My Mother The Car", a satirical take on reincarnation gone terribly wrong in a G-rated way. The car talked to its owner through the radio on the dash. "Car 54 Where Are You?" was a comedy cop show of the same era.

Steve
02-13-2014, 02:35 PM   #5397
Veteran Member

Yes, I get Google emails for Igunaq and other weird stuff. Did not know that Igunaq was available by the pound at Whole Foods Market!

Beware the Google data sweeping. It is actually more effective than the NSA!

---------- Post added 02-13-14 at 03:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That would be "My Mother The Car", a satirical take on reincarnation gone terribly wrong in a G-rated way. The car talked to its owner through the radio on the dash. "Car 54 Where Are You?" was a comedy cop show of the same era.

Steve
You're correct. Car 54 never had a talking car. Might have helped the program.
02-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #5398
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Beware the Google data sweeping. It is actually more effective than the NSA!
There is a difference?
02-13-2014, 02:42 PM - 1 Like   #5399
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I don't get it Moderators can't close this thread.

I understand Pentaxians are passionate. But seriously this thread is plain lunatic.

I am sorry the intention is not to offend anyone - But geeze! I think even 12 year old girls argue better on who is their favorite pop star.

Seriously Moderator should close this thread. I understand this democracy and what not. But this thread is a sore in the eye.
Sorry, but now that you have posted in this thread you will be assimilated.

And you can never go back.

Even the powerful hociR cannot save you.

So grab some lefse, put a little cheese and bacon on it, and pour a glass of scotch.
02-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #5400
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
...and pour a glass of scotch.
Will do, sir!

Was getting thirst from all the cookies.