Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #5401
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
I don't get it Moderators can't close this thread.

I understand Pentaxians are passionate. But seriously this thread is plain lunatic.

I am sorry the intention is not to offend anyone - But geeze! I think even 12 year old girls argue better on who is their favorite pop star.

Seriously Moderator should close this thread. I understand this democracy and what not. But this thread is a sore in the eye.
Good thing you weren't a member during the 'Who gets the 1,000,000th Post' contest. That was outright Shock and Awe war. It was the blinky of shadows.

Or the cheese sandwich thread.

Close a thread??? Meh. People were Banned. Tarred and Feathered. Citizens stormed their ISP's with pitchforks and torches. Then they were banned. Again. Clones were released from Kamino and roamed freely in the interwebs in search of Fanboi Pentaxians. It was horrible - positively medieval. 45.46mm bayonets. Guillotine shutter curtains. Machine gunning innocent Olympic bystanders pitifully shooting a Pentax. Canon fusillades. Hoods and hoodless en-chained in Getty photo stocks. Oh. My.

The Horror! The Horror!

Adam had to announce a FF K-1 to end the madness. Of course that was coincidentally April 1.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-13-2014 at 02:56 PM.
02-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #5402
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Canon fusillades.
Oh my...

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The Horror! The Horror!
Ah, now we're on the same page
02-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #5403
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
General Lee is in red, I assume? To match the shoulder epaulets of southern generals.
Orange.

The color is orange.

Them two country bumpkins and the buxom gal probably had no clue who the real General Lee was.For them, that car was the only General Lee there ever was, and ever would be.

They were too busy racin' around Hazzard County, jumpin' that Dodge Charger, dodgin' the corrupt sheriff and the evil Boss Hogg.

Dansamy, I read once that they had like six or more "General Lees" on that series. Some of course became trashed. The one you shot may be one of the originals!
Um, Amy shot a photo of Kitt, the Trans Am from the TV show Knight Rider.

The General Lee Dodge Charger was from the TV show Dues of Hazzard.

I remember watching that TV show with the talking car. "Car 54 Where Are You?"
No, that was My Mother The Car.

So yesterday, two coyotes climbed the four foot chain link fence into our backyard, killed and ate one of our fattest pet squirrels and then meandered across the woods as if they owned it. Mrs. Waterfall 2.0 captured them on her iPhone camera.
If she deletes the pictures it will terminate the rouge coyotes and end you troubles with them.

I was out shooting rotting wood buildings.
What did they ever do to you?

And the squirrels and deer all are mutants.
Probably the result of drinking water from the cooling pond over at the nuclear power plant. Don't eat the meat from them.

We have a twelve point buck that has to weight at least 250 pounds, live weight. He eats first, then lets a smaller eight pointer munch. The bigger does are waiting in the shadows, meantime, and the two large bucks take their time and threaten any other deer. Poor little spike buck eats after them, but still before the does. Then the does eat, kicking at yearling fawns from other does to keep them at bay.
Take the 12 point. Mount the rack (European mounts are best), sell the meat (mutant you know) and buy god meat from the next county over.

Then the 8 point will be the dominant buck and in a couple years be another trophy for your den.

I think an outside tripod setup with remote cable shutter inside through the door, ISO 1600 with the f1.4 might work to capture them. Problem is I am not allowed to "disturb" them, according to Mrs. Waterfall 2.0. I used to shoot and eat them, and she did not like that. The shooting was done in National Forests Up North, only during deer hunting season. But she knows I had outlaw Finns as ancestors who shot and ate anything, anytime.
Sounds to me like the problem is with Wife 2.0.

Time to trade her in on Wife 3.0, who should be chosen carefully. She absolutely must possess the desire and skills for being the perfect Prairie Wife, or you will find yourself needing to upgrade far too soon.

I won't buy a K3 until all these critters are happy. Or at least warm!
Build a big fire.

VoiceOfReason has a neighbor who is good at this. Perhaps he can refer you.
02-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #5404
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Orange.

The color is orange.

Them two country bumpkins and the buxom gal probably had no clue who the real General Lee was.For them, that car was the only General Lee there ever was, and ever would be.

They were too busy racin' around Hazzard County, jumpin' that Dodge Charger, dodgin' the corrupt sheriff and the evil Boss Hogg.

If she deletes the pictures it will terminate the rouge coyotes and end you troubles with them.

Probably the result of drinking water from the cooling pond over at the nuclear power plant. Don't eat the meat from them.

Take the 12 point. Mount the rack (European mounts are best), sell the meat (mutant you know) and buy god meat from the next county over.

Then the 8 point will be the dominant buck and in a couple years be another trophy for your den.

Time to trade her in on Wife 3.0, who should be chosen carefully. She absolutely must possess the desire and skills for being the perfect Prairie Wife, or you will find yourself needing to upgrade far too soon.

Build a big fire.

First of all, we do not live on the Prairie. We live in the arboreal north woods. Second, 2.0 leaves me to my outside passions. The pet deer are her passions. Whoever suggested I should get rid of 2.0 has no idea of who she is or what our 38 years together mean. So KMA.

02-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #5405
Veteran Member

yup. sh*t just got real.

Dont talk about a man's wife.
02-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #5406
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So yesterday, two coyotes climbed the four foot chain link fence into our backyard, killed and ate one of our fattest pet squirrels and then meandered across the woods as if they owned it.
This will take care of any roaming, fence climbing critters.
I don't own one but it comes highly recommended by my cousins (they prefer the .338 Lapua magnum). It is available in Coyote tan also.
Sako TRG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

p.s. it is also effective for killing any K3 budget. therefore saving you from assimilation.
02-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #5407
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
yup. sh*t just got real.

Dont talk about a man's wife.
You got that right. Wife is Off Limits. Ex wives are fair game if we admit them into the forum as prey. But don't fuzz with my darling.

02-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #5408
Veteran Member

You got that right. Wife is Off Limits. Ex wives are fair game if we admit them into the forum as prey. But don't fuzz with my darling.
Oh I agree, I don't talk about my wife at all, plus she is a lurker here so if ya'll talk about her there aren't any guarantees!
02-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #5409
Veteran Member

Orange.

The color is orange.

Build a big fire.

Racer,

Did you post that message? Be respectful.
02-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #5410
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

So KMA.
Whoa there leadfoot!

I'm just funnin' ya.

Did you forget what thread this is?
02-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #5411
Veteran Member

Whoa there leadfoot!

I'm just funnin' ya.

Some folks dont take Kindly to their spouse being talked about fun or not.

Exactly why you shouldnt buy a K-3
02-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #5412
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
This will take care of any roaming, fence climbing critters.
I don't own one but it comes highly recommended by my cousins (they prefer the .338 Lapua magnum). It is available in Coyote tan also.
Sako TRG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

p.s. it is also effective for killing any K3 budget. therefore saving you from assimilation.
I have 30.06 Winchester Model 70, two .22 auto loaders, two shotguns and I do not fire them. anymore. Although I was a sharpshooter at one time. No more.

---------- Post added 02-13-14 at 04:49 PM ----------

Whoa there leadfoot!

I'm just funnin' ya.

Okay. I did not find it funny at the time, Racer.
02-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #5413
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Did not know that Igunaq was available by the pound at Whole Foods Market!
Yep, right next to the camel burger.

Steve
02-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #5414
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
LOL... this thing is still going!?
Did OP ever got back!?
The OP has not posted since starting this Behemoth of thread. But he is still lurking, checked his profile, he shows last activity as 2/10/14, last Monday.

Probably come to read the posts here and have a good laugh.

Gotta give him credit, he has kept the hociR out of my camera bag.
02-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #5415
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is both funny and sad, but it perfectly captures how well we cope with winter storms around here...

NC Snow meme: Attack on Glenwood Ave :: WRAL.com