Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
02-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #5956
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oh, I know - I know I'll need to spend a weekend learning the protocol and LR plus PSE12 combined will let me do everything, and LR is batch run and presets and ... and .... and .... I get it.

I just don't want to spend the time doing it. Sort of a Grandpa Simpson, "I'm old and I don't have to" moment.
...and a K-3 wouldn't help you one bit!

02-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #5957
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Similarly in the Newfoundland outports, the little coastal communities, the English was little changed from 400 years ago when the were settled.
A few years ago I went to St John's and heard a speech about Newfoundland English. What was remarkable was that some of the usages were identical to those of my grandfather from the middle of Victoria.
02-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #5958
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yawn! Time to get some sleep. Again. Didn't I just get up? Is it next week already?
02-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #5959
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its only Mid day!

02-19-2014, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #5960
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yawn! Time to get some sleep. Again. Didn't I just get up? Is it next week already?
Yep, we snooze now while the western hemisphere is abuzz with work and frantically posting to catch up with us ... J

Another reason not to get a K-3 ... PFS : Post-a-thon Fatigue Syndrome ... zzzzzzzzz
02-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #5961
Veteran Member

My hociR will be here tomorrow!!

a good reason not to get another K-3
02-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #5962
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
My hociR will be here tomorrow!!

a good reason not to get another K-3
Oh, thanks there ... was just about to turn off the laptop and I read this news. Nightmares now sure to follow ... "The hociR, the hociR" !!!

02-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #5963
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Oh, thanks there ... was just about to turn off the laptop and I read this news. Nightmares now sure to follow ... "The hociR, the hociR" !!!
The worst thing you can do is look back while you are running away, thats what happens in all the horror movies... and we see how that works out.
02-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #5964
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Sleepy, you are getting sleepy . . . . .

Its only Mid day!
Mid week too!

Yep, we snooze now while the western hemisphere is abuzz with work and frantically posting to catch up with us ... J

Another reason not to get a K-3 ... PFS : Post-a-thon Fatigue Syndrome ... zzzzzzzzz
You too.

Meanwhile, a package showed up on my door step today . . . . . . . .film at eleven.

No K3 here!
02-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #5965
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I didn't know that.

Dang, that complicates things. Every time I learn something new i write it down. I've done it for years. I just realized my matchbook cover is full. I'm going to have to start another one.
Where do you find matchbook covers these days. They used to be ubiquitous but I haven't seen 'em in years.
02-19-2014, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #5966
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
... Meanwhile, a package showed up on my door step today . . . . . . . .film at eleven.

No K3 here!
Damn it, read it ... suspense added to nightmares ... pulling the plug fast and now! J
02-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #5967
Veteran Member

Damn it, read it ... suspense added to nightmares ... pulling the plug fast and now! J
Run and dont look back while you still can.
02-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #5968
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

Mid week too!

You too.

Meanwhile, a package showed up on my door step today . . . . . . . .film at eleven.

No K3 here!
Racer got his K5IIs?!!! Okay, then, we all expect photos. This Thread is reserved for non-hociR. Actually, if you are shooting with that K5IIs, then post away! No hociR involved. My mistake, Racer. Show us the camera's stuff! (Although I will guess all Forum members have had the pleasure of viewing K5IIs images and then lusting for the K5IIs camera body.)

I am truly full of envy over this! I only have a K30. Perhaps I will blacken the "0" and fool people. Cannot figure out how to change "30" to "5iis" so I may, someday, have to buy a K3.

But not today.

Have fun with your K5iiS!

---------- Post added 02-19-14 at 04:35 PM ----------

Run and dont look back while you still can.
See my response to Racer. He did not buy a K3 according to his Sworn Testimony and the Judge (Parallax) did not rule him in contempt of hociR. Maybe contempt of other stuff, like Spam, but who knows?

---------- Post added 02-19-14 at 04:39 PM ----------

Jean,

Six hours later than me, five for Racer. You have HOURS to decide. What? I dunno. Maybe you want a K3iis?
02-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #5969
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

but according to some sources, the Quebecois say "chien chaud"
After WWII, my Mom and Dad acquired a bungalow in a row of war-time units. Next door was another married couple. The wife was a 'war-bride' from France. Mom was helping to acclimatize, including going shopping with her. After a few trips, Mom noticed she kept buying canned dog food but it occurred to Mom the lady didn't have a dog. One with limited French, the other limited English they sorted it out. Mom did recognize the phrase "chien chaud" and the woman had recognised dog food on the front. She also pointed to the back of the can which listed horse meat as an ingredient. She had been frying it up like Spam - horse was perfectly acceptable to her back home and she thought she was making hot dogs.
So be careful what you see on the front and back of things. You might end up with a K3.
02-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #5970
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

"The hociR, the hociR" !!!
The worst thing you can do is look back while you are running away, thats what happens in all the horror movies... and we see how that works out.
Just don't wear a red nightshirt and it will be OK. (Oblique reference to the sci-fi red shirt/early death tradition)

Steve

---------- Post added 02-19-14 at 02:44 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
After WWII, my Mom and Dad acquired a bungalow in a row of war-time units. Next door was another married couple. The wife was a 'war-bride' from France. Mom was helping to acclimatize, including going shopping with her. After a few trips, Mom noticed she kept buying canned dog food but it occurred to Mom the lady didn't have a dog. One with limited French, the other limited English they sorted it out. Mom did recognize the phrase "chien chaud" and the woman had recognised dog food on the front. She also pointed to the back of the can which listed horse meat as an ingredient. She had been frying it up like Spam - horse was perfectly acceptable to her back home and she thought she was making hot dogs.
So be careful what you see on the front and back of things. You might end up with a K3.
This is sad in so many ways...

Steve