Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #6166
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
There is only one reason not to buy a 31 ltd.. it's too much money, if they were $400, I bet everybody would have one.
That's why I won't buy another K-3. I need to buy a 31 ltd.
There is the hociR marketing plan, expressed perfectly: if the price was reasonable, everyone would have one. And then we would be subjected to tripods in subways, twelve inch lenses in the Caribou Coffee line, and Federal agents busting housands of citizens for shooting panos of the Lincoln Memorial.

We need a sign.

02-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #6167
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think you got that backward. Does the Siren come with a K3? Because while a Siren alone can be resisted - if she's holding a Hocir, savocheIsDoomed!
I get first dibs:

SavocheIsDoomed.com
SavocheIsDoomed.biz
SavocheIsDoomed.eu
SavocheIsDoomed.uk.com
SavocheIsDoomed.fr
SavocheIsDoomed.de
SavocheIsDoomed.xxx
SavocheIsDoomed.____ (fill in the blank with any on this list: List of Internet top-level domains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
02-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #6168
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yep, better than rawhide strips.
Actually rawhide would be softer on armpits and other delicate areas. But machine washing and drying has never worked out for me. The clothing looks like a Hoodie with the drawstring pulled tight.

---------- Post added 02-22-14 at 01:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I get first dibs:

SavocheIsDoomed.com
SavocheIsDoomed.biz
SavocheIsDoomed.eu
SavocheIsDoomed.uk.com
SavocheIsDoomed.fr
SavocheIsDoomed.de
SavocheIsDoomed.xxx
SavocheIsDoomed.____ (fill in the blank with any on this list: List of Internet top-level domains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Well, the Internet has an expanded list with many new domains. "tokyoisdoomed.org" might cover all of your list.
02-22-2014, 01:11 PM   #6169
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Ah, southern-style green beans... love 'em. And brisket, too!
That is the only way I have ever had string beans. Until someone told me recently that was "Southern Style" I thought it was ow everyone served them.

Without some bacon, finely minced onion and some "secret" seasonings, well, they are nekkid and boring.

Before bush beans were developed picking string beans was a summer job, along with strawberries, cherries, apples and cucumbers. I made good money during summer break from school.

Oh, yeah, and beef brisket is great, so long as it is not overcooked. Juicy and tender.

Yum!

Way better than hociR!

02-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #6170
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I envy your job, Racer. It's about the only job I can think of that might give a person a chance at eating at every Famous Dave's in the country.
02-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #6171
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
So you're saying I'll end up $1650 poorer and an eviction from this thread?

I have it on good authority that if someone gives you a K3 you keep your Shingle. Do you have a wife; a friend; an enemy you could trust with the money until the Brown Truck mysteriously leaves an unexpected box on your doorstep?

Believe me. It happens.

Or you could just change your UID to Ishmael.

Or Pequod.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-22-2014 at 01:29 PM.
02-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #6172
Pentaxian

Once you have a K-3 you can tell everyone why you won't buy another one, it works for me, and if bacon , cheese and beer are included in the explanation you get to post on topic once or twice.

Only 3 choices in beer tonight, Upper Canada Dark, Alexander Kieth's India Pale Ale and Guiness. I'm all out of Bolshevik Bastard Imperial Stout, 9% alcohol. The alcohol of 2 beers in one bottle, for when you don't want to pee so much. I'm feeling extremely choice limited. That's why I won't buy a K-3.

02-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #6173
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I envy your job, Racer. It's about the only job I can think of that might give a person a chance at eating at every Famous Dave's in the country.
Thank you.

I think.

Having just discovered the epicurean delights offered at Famous Dave's, I have managed to stop at 4 of them now. It is pleasing to find a chain that actually does barbecue well, and Famous Dave's does just that.

The tough thing about this job is not eating too much. I sit all day, for as long as 11 hours. When I stop there is not always time or a place to exercise. I've put on over 40 pounds in 5 years.

Regarding good barbecue, I kept seeing billboards for Sonny's Real Pit Barbecue. When I found myself stuck down in Florida a few years ago I noticed one down the street. So when dinner time rolled around I walked on over to give it a go.

I was so disappointed!

The meat was so dry it could have been used to soak up Lake Superior. The cornbread was just as bad, dry, crumbly, it just fell to pieces when I tried to butter it.

I usually will have a beer with a meal when dining out (if I am done driving for the day of course).

It took 4 beers to wash that dried out crap at Sony's.

The hociR can have it all.
02-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #6174
Veteran Member

I have it on good authority that if someone gives you a K3 you keep your Shingle. Do you have a wife; a friend; an enemy you could trust with the money until the Brown Truck mysteriously leaves an unexpected box on your doorstep?

Believe me. It happens.

Or you could just change your UID to Ishmael.

Or Pequod.
Call me Ishmael.

And steer clear of the white whale.
02-22-2014, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #6175
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
It took 4 beers to wash that dried out crap at Sony's
So the meal wasn't a total waste, anyway.

I've eaten in 5 Famous Dave's. 2 in Montana, one in Bismarck, 2 in South Dakota. The food is consistently excellent in all of them, but I won't go back to the one in Rapid City. Been there twice and the music is so loud you have to shout your order to the waiter, and holding a conversation with someone at your table isn't remotely possible unless you both know sign language.

Last edited by Parallax; 02-22-2014 at 02:13 PM.
02-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #6176
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
It took 4 beers to wash that dried out crap at Sony's.
Or, you could have just had two Bolshevik Bastard Imperial Stout, although having Bolshevik and Imperial in the same name might cause enough historical confusion to lead to a bout of cheese eating and a couple of Buds.
02-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #6177
Veteran Member

I've eaten in 5 Famous Dave's. 2 in Montana, one in Bismarck, 2 in South Dakota. The food is consistently excellent in all of them, but I won't go back to the one in Rapid City. Been there twice and the music is so loud you have to shout your order to the waiter, and holding a conversation with someone at your table isn't remotely possible unless you both know sign language.
It gets easier when you are almost deaf from too many power tools. I just point on the menu to show the Server what I want. This when the noise (I.e. "music") is too great. Here in the Homeland of Famous Dave's, the music is enthusiastic.
02-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #6178
Pentaxian

... Or you could just change your UID to Ishmael.

Or Pequod.
Man, how I hated to read Melville in HS ... How many pages about the whiteness of that whale? Worse than a K-3 manual on white balance settings.
02-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #6179
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Or, you could have just had two Bolshevik Bastard Imperial Stout, although having Bolshevik and Imperial in the same name might cause enough historical confusion to lead to a bout of cheese eating and a couple of Buds.
As I recall the adult malted barley pop selection sucked too.

Some of that 9% Bolshevik stuff would have made it all better.

And helped to erase all memory of the horror that the bad barbecue at Sonny's carried with it.

I'm sure it was an evil hociR plot.
02-22-2014, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #6180
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Man, how I hated to read Melville in HS ... How many pages about the whiteness of that whale? Worse than a K-3 manual on white balance settings.
The K3 WB Auto, according to the PF Review is all we will ever require. No more monologues about whiteness. Actually, Moby was probably a perfect 18% gray "card" for setting White Balance! Dirty, covered with harpoons, wounds, lesions and the occasional whaler still wrapped in his harpoon line, I think Moby was spot on for gray. HociR should publish a Moby Dick film scene, from the Gregory Peck version, as a Neutral Gray Card.