Is that legal??

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
and much later sell my K30
Ooh, ooh, I'll take it!!!

02-25-2014, 02:54 PM - 2 Likes   #6572
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Queen - 'Another One Bites the Dust' - YouTube

There is still the possibility of redemption if you are diligent in pointing out the faults of the K-3 to others.

Steve
Did you know we use "Another One Bites the Dust" and "Staying Alive" to time our chest compressions during a code. Both of those songs have tempos fast enough for an appropriate CPR rate and they're apropos for the situation. Nurse humor, gotta love it!
02-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #6573
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
I feel totally ashamed!! I won a raffle ticket yesterday without even trying!! All because I posted an awesome photo of myself and raked in the likes!! Feels like I cheated!!
Eh. I already got a 'present' this year.

So I've been trying NOT to get a Raffle Ticket (actually, trying to stay out of the Top 20) and just post what I would always post anyway and give Likes.

The inbound Likes have messed me up.

---------- Post added 02-25-14 at 04:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Maybe now would be a good time to invest in Gaffer's tape stock.
I already bought the North American concession for Gaffer Tape right after Lauren's rant. I do have some limited partnership opportunities available though.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-25-2014 at 03:23 PM.
02-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #6574
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Did you know we use "Another One Bites the Dust" and "Staying Alive" to time our chest compressions during a code. Both of those songs have tempos fast enough for an appropriate CPR rate and they're apropos for the situation. Nurse humor, gotta love it!
"Staying alive" I knew, but at least "Another One Bites the Dust" you probably wouldn't sing aloud when doing the compressions...

02-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #6575
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

I worked ERs and Med/Surg units for a number of years. What is normal conversation for medical people can seem quite ghoulish to others.
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Another One Bites the Dust" you probably wouldn't sing aloud when doing the compressions...
I wouldn't bet on it never being done. When you're in that situation you are so focused on the task at hand that propriety, though not totally disregarded, is far from foremost in your mind.

Last edited by Parallax; 02-25-2014 at 03:03 PM.
02-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #6576
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
Bitcoin is a new virtual currency, if you dont know what it is you are already to late
Kinda like what the $ is going to be in a year or two!!! (Poof!)
02-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #6577
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Ramis died yesterday. He wrote and directed Groundhog Day, Caddy Shack, Ghost Busters, Family Vacation and graduated from Chicago's Second City comedy club with Belushi, Akroyd, Chase and others. A comic genius. I shall miss him.
RIP.

Is that legal??

Ill eagle is a sick bird.

02-25-2014, 03:01 PM   #6578
Veteran Member

I'm going to have Another One Bites the Dust and Knocking on Heavens Door at my funeral!
02-25-2014, 03:01 PM   #6579
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I came in third. There were a flurry of likes during the last hour, but most of the ones sent my way were for posts from a day or two earlier.

Too little, too late.

C'est, la vie!
Well, you were in contention, Racer. Like the Announcers said during the Olympics when someone crashed and burned. You never did. You held steady and performed, posting time after time after time. Maybe next time.

Howz that K511s treating you, by the way?

---------- Post added 02-25-14 at 04:03 PM ----------

I worked ERs and Med/Surg units for a number of years. What is normal conversation for medical people can seem quite ghoulish to others.
I wouldn't bet on it never being done. When you're in that situation you are so focused on the task at hand that propriety, though not totally disregarded, is far from foremost in your mind.
well, I worked the Loonie Bin in Chatsworth, CA and never found a redeeming moment other than scooping up what was scooted on the floors!
02-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #6580
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Santa left one on my doorstep last night. Really. A completely, totally, unexpected surprise gift.
A really cool story!!! And a good reason not to buy one!!
02-25-2014, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #6581
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I worked the Loonie Bin in Chatsworth,
See? There's an example right there. Some people might find the term "loonie bin" insensitive when referring to a funny farm.
02-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #6582
Veteran Member

See? There's an example right there. Some people might find the term "loonie bin" insensitive when referring to a funny farm.
Nut House!!
I often answer the phone: "Happydale Sanitarium, how may I direct your call" Great for throwing sales calls off their game!!
02-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #6583
Veteran Member

Kinda like what the $ is going to be in a year or two!!! (Poof!)
They build these mining computers, that "mine" bitcoins, with every new coin found it gets harder to find the next one, requiring more powerful equipment. Each bitcoin is worth 700-800 dollars right now but to actually have a mining rig that might be able to find enough bitcoins to profit you, you would spend 20K+
02-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #6584
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Queen - 'Another One Bites the Dust' - YouTube

There is still the possibility of redemption if you are diligent in pointing out the faults of the K-3 to others.

Steve
what if there are no faults? Then I am banished?
02-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #6585
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Do Mobos still have a place to plug the floppy drive into? I haven't built a machine in a while, in fact my last one has XP Pro on it.

Why?
I use Asus MBs and the one I built in Jan 13 did not. It also only had one IDE port. It did have 6-8 SATA ports.

I sorta suspect IDE will be the next to go.