Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #6781
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
What about "Tripoux" ... Tripoux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.google.fr/search?q=tripou&client=firefox-a&hs=UhS&rls=org.mozill...w=1366&bih=597

---------- Post added 02-27-14 at 20:18 ----------

And ... what about "Andouillette" ?! ... J

"Serving: Andouillettes can be served either hot or cold, with the former much more common. As with all lower intestine sausages, andouillettes are to some extent an acquired taste. Their smell may offend people unaccustomed to the dish. The texture is somewhat rougher than sausages, as the content is coarsely cut. ..." {Emphasis added}

Andouillette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Certainly has to be an acquired taste.

02-27-2014, 01:20 PM   #6782
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Certainly has to be an acquired taste.
When I was an exchange student here in France, they served lamb brains as the main course at the cafeteria ... Gave it a try and after one bite, could go no further ... J

WARNING : GRAPHIC FOOD CONTENT => https://www.google.fr/search?q=cervelle+d%27agneau&client=firefox-a&hs=p48&r...w=1366&bih=597
02-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #6783
Veteran Member

can we change from bad food, sickness and flesh eating bugs?
02-27-2014, 01:31 PM   #6784
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
I never said mine were "bad" ... now can someone pass me the snails or the frogs' legs ... s'il vous plait ?! Mmmm ... these are good!

https://www.google.fr/search?q=escargot+%C3%A0+l%27ail&client=firefox-a&hs=W...w=1366&bih=597

https://www.google.fr/search?q=cuisse+de+grenouille&client=firefox-a&hs=zG9&...w=1366&bih=597

02-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #6785
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And ... what about "Andouillette" ?! ... J
That one actually sounds pretty good.
When I was an exchange student here in France, they served lamb brains as the main course at the cafeteria ... Gave it a try and after one bite, could go no further
I have eaten beef brains may times. Mostly scrambled with eggs. Quite tasty, actually.
02-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #6786
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I have eaten beef brains may times. Mostly scrambled with eggs. Quite tasty, actually.
SERIOUSLY!?
02-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #6787
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That one actually sounds pretty good. ...
Good andouillette from a decent specialized butcher's shop is "to die for" when it's grilled right ...

02-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #6788
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

SERIOUSLY!?
Yes, quite seriously.
02-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #6789
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
When I was an exchange student here in France, they served lamb brains as the main course at the cafeteria ... Gave it a try and after one bite, could go no further ... J

WARNING : GRAPHIC FOOD CONTENT => https://www.google.fr/search?q=cervelle+d%27agneau&client=firefox-a&hs=p48&r...w=1366&bih=597
I have never ceased to be amazed at what some people will eat. Certainly for me, most organs are not on the menu. Wife 1.0 had a thing for pickled pigs feet.

Yeck!

Yet she had a severe dislike for hot dogs. She called them mystery meat, eyes, ears, lips, noses and a**holes. She was a funny woman.

Many years ago when still working as a mechaninc I was out of town at a hydraulic school with two fellow mechanics. Since the company was paying for lodging and meals we went to the better eating establishments. On one such night at a place called Salty's On the Columbia, a seafood place, I have a nice salmon fillet. One of the other guys is from Montana, and never developed a taste for anything but beef, and Fillet Mignon was the only beef on the menu. When it came he sliced the braised portions off and refused the rest, but the other guy and I scarfed it right up.

Now the other guy is from Fiji, half Fijian and half Himalayan. Because of his ethnic and geographic origin he has a much broader palette. Escargot was on the menu, and he ordered it. When it came he offered us a taste. I had one, and the butter and garlic certainly made it palatable, but just the thought was enough to keep me from adding it to my list of foods I will eat again.

The guy from Montana not only refused the offer of escargot, he also went back to the motel hungry because he would not eat the red portion of his steak.

No.

Well, maybe.

On second thought, no.

Has anyone here ever tried chocolate covered crickets? I hear they are crunchy and have a nice nutty taste.
02-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #6790
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Are you guys still here? Hmm, hasn't changed much. Same ol', same ol', infected by the looming hociR Monster.
02-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #6791
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Yet she had a severe dislike for hot dogs. She called them mystery meat, eyes, ears, lips, noses and a**holes.
That reminds me of an All In the Family episode. Edith was fixing Archie's lunch and Gloria asked her if she was making him a sandwich from the leftover tongue. Edith said something like "Archie says he aint eating nothing that comes out of a cow's mouth so I'm giving him a couple of hard boiled eggs".
QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Are you guys still here?
Hard to believe, isn't it?
02-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #6792
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I warned y'all not to watch it!
I didn't have to watch it to get grossed out. The preview pic was enough, lol.
02-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #6793
Veteran Member

I never said mine were "bad" ... now can someone pass me the snails or the frogs' legs ... s'il vous plait ?! Mmmm ... these are good!

https://www.google.fr/search?q=escargot+%C3%A0+l%27ail&client=firefox-a&hs=W...w=1366&bih=597

https://www.google.fr/search?q=cuisse+de+grenouille&client=firefox-a&hs=zG9&...w=1366&bih=597
Escargot anyone? As Julia Roberts said in "Pretty Woman" after forking an escargot across the table: "Slippery little suckers!"
02-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #6794
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
No imagination you say? I beg to differ. These look pretty much like my favorite sneakers, and yes, I wear them in public.

http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5504389/il_fullxfull.280075220.jpg?
Just curious; when you wear those, if you click your heels together 3 times and say "There's no place like home", do you end up in Kansas?
02-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #6795
Veteran Member

I have never ceased to be amazed at what some people will eat. Certainly for me, most organs are not on the menu. Wife 1.0 had a thing for pickled pigs feet.

Yeck!

Yet she had a severe dislike for hot dogs. She called them mystery meat, eyes, ears, lips, noses and a**holes. She was a funny woman.

Many years ago when still working as a mechaninc I was out of town at a hydraulic school with two fellow mechanics. Since the company was paying for lodging and meals we went to the better eating establishments. On one such night at a place called Salty's On the Columbia, a seafood place, I have a nice salmon fillet. One of the other guys is from Montana, and never developed a taste for anything but beef, and Fillet Mignon was the only beef on the menu. When it came he sliced the braised portions off and refused the rest, but the other guy and I scarfed it right up.

Now the other guy is from Fiji, half Fijian and half Himalayan. Because of his ethnic and geographic origin he has a much broader palette. Escargot was on the menu, and he ordered it. When it came he offered us a taste. I had one, and the butter and garlic certainly made it palatable, but just the thought was enough to keep me from adding it to my list of foods I will eat again.

The guy from Montana not only refused the offer of escargot, he also went back to the motel hungry because he would not eat the red portion of his steak.

No.

Well, maybe.

On second thought, no.

Has anyone here ever tried chocolate covered crickets? I hear they are crunchy and have a nice nutty taste.
Crickets are kind of like crawfish. Too small to crack with a hammer after boiling, however.

---------- Post added 02-27-14 at 03:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Are you guys still here? Hmm, hasn't changed much. Same ol', same ol', infected by the looming hociR Monster.
Some have been placed on probation for buying a K3. Otherwise this thread continues spinning off into the Milky Way.