Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
03-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #7066
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

Um, it may be the post of the other gentleman was taken as Postimpudent or something.

Carry on.

And avoid the hociR.
That's a distinct possibility.

03-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #7067
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On a more important topic.... I discovered today that Blue Jays like cheese,

I already knew Grey jays like cheese...

Nuthatches like cheese...

We need a photo sub-thread on which animals like cheese, with photo proof, to help explain why we won't buy a K-3. You can't tell me someone doesn't have a photo of a Seagull with a stolen cheese burgher in his mouth.

The cheese from today's shoot is No Name Extra Old Chedder. I wonder what other cheeses they like?

Last edited by normhead; 03-02-2014 at 07:00 PM.
03-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #7068
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do Jays (Blue Black or Brindle) like bacon? beer? okra?
03-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #7069
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Do Jays (Blue Black or Brindle) like bacon? beer? okra?
The list of needed research is growing exponentially... I'm pretty sure they like bacon, beer... we need some research, okra, probably not, but I have no pictures to prove any of it. Right now any beer I put out is going to freeze, so the research may have to wait until the spring.

03-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #7070
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mean while back at the ranch:
It's going to be -14 tonight!! This is march!! It is supposed to come in like a lion not a evil hocir snow beast!!!
In the mood for Chinese buffet!
03-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #7071
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
. . . is going to freeze, so the research may have to wait until the spring.
But maybe they enjoy icecubes?
03-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #7072
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
It's going to be -14 tonight!! This is march!! It is supposed to come in like a lion not a evil hocir snow beast!!!
minus 28 Celsius here tonight, feels like --39. I'm not going outside until tomorrow afternoon when ti's all the way up to -15 (feels like -22) I am so tired of this weather, what a winter. I'd just like to hang out in a Mall with one of those water fountains in the middle under a sky light with a few green plants and flowers. I'd even buy a cheeseburger and a beer to help defray the costs of keeping the mall open and operational.

03-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #7073
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Grandma says "Quit sitting on the stove Grandpa, you're too old to ride the range."
03-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #7074
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Speaking of bacon, and cheeseburgers, I see the genetic engineers have come up with the perfect animal.

It is called the Bork.

Apparently it produces burgers with bacon inside them.

Boy, hociR is gonna be mad.
03-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #7075
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
minus 28 Celsius here tonight, feels like --39. I'm not going outside until tomorrow afternoon when ti's all the way up to -15 (feels like -22) I am so tired of this weather, what a winter. I'd just like to hang out in a Mall with one of those water fountains in the middle under a sky light with a few green plants and flowers. I'd even buy a cheeseburger and a beer to help defray the costs of keeping the mall open and operational.
You got us beat!! So I shouldn't complain. But I want to get my gardens going and I can't with all this winter hanging around.
I like the cheese eating Jays!!

---------- Post added 03-02-14 at 09:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Grandma says "Quit sitting on the stove Grandpa, you're too old to ride the range."
03-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #7076
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

But I want to get my gardens going and I can't with all this winter hanging around.
I was low on hours so I am doing a reset this weekend to get a fresh 70. Today I ran to Shelby to get some groceries, and had a nice drive through the countryside between there and Blacksburg. I saw several people out with rototillers getting their gardens ready.

Oh, and did I mention that it was 73 here today? Actually had to run the A/C in Monstro. With the black paint and large windows the solar gain was a bit much.
03-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #7077
Pentaxian

I am quite glad that winter went east this year. Based on what I see on the news it appears to still be focused in that direction.

But...I am certainly going to give that cheese trick a try on our birds but I am relatively certain that hummingbirds will not be that interested. Beer might be worth a try.
03-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #7078
mee
Veteran Member

Considering cheese is not a natural occurrence without human assistance.. I wonder what birds think about the stuff...

And how you decided it was a smart idea to try to feed birds cheese.

---------- Post added 03-02-14 at 09:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
I am quite glad that winter went east this year. Based on what I see on the news it appears to still be focused in that direction.

But...I am certainly going to give that cheese trick a try on our birds but I am relatively certain that hummingbirds will not be that interested. Beer might be worth a try.
Right now it sounds like millions of needles bouncing against my windows from outside... it is raining ice.. but at least the electricity is on!
03-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #7079
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
So you aren't getting the rains that are soaking the Southwest?

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
... it is raining ice.. but at least the electricity is on!
So far . . . . . . .
03-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #7080
mee
Veteran Member

Actually, they've been flickering for some time now.. so it is a possibility they could go out. Last time we had a really bad ice storm was 20 years ago. Not sure much preparation has been made by Emergency Management... got my camera batteries charged and a clean SD card.