Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
03-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #7126
Site Supporter

Hey guys! I have a question. Will Photoshop Elements let me search my pictures for ones taken by the K-x vs the K-5ii?

03-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #7127
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Hey guys! I have a question. Will Photoshop Elements let me search my pictures for ones taken by the K-x vs the K-5ii?
You are looking for the best photo to submit to kerrowdown!
03-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #7128
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
You are looking for the best photo to submit to kerrowdown!
No, I already have the da 50mm. I'm looking for pictures made by my daughter with the K-x.
03-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #7129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Here, everyone says the original diggers were the one - WWI vets
Aussies bore the brunt of the failed attack in the Dardanelles, and showed much courage even when wasted in worthless frontal assaults!
In WWII the U.S. would have been in a world of hurt without Australia!

I don't think WWI threatened the US as much as WWII did
The mess that was WWI created the mess that was WWII. WWI also created trouble that Europe is still sorting out. The breakup of Yugoslavia and the resulting wars.

---------- Post added 03-04-14 at 04:20 PM ----------

No, I already have the da 50mm. I'm looking for pictures made by my daughter with the K-x.
Whoops! My bad. I got Photoshop Elements, but have no clue how it works!

03-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #7130
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think WWI threatened the US as much as WWII did.
During WWI there were still lots of Germans in the US. The US at the start of the war had maintained a position of neutrality, not wishing to be involved.

Then, after certain events, the Germans began to try and undermine the US, and sabotage it. There were mysterious explosions in factories, mysterious deaths, all sorts of odd things began to happen.
03-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #7131
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Here, everyone says the original diggers were the one - WWI vets. I remember a few. They were the contemporaries of my grandparents. They were very different after battles that wiped out whole divisions in the first couple of hours. I grew up in a suburb just up the hill from a housing estate for them built on an old army base. All that was left when I was young of that base was a hospital which is now a public hospital. My father grew up just on the other side, and he says by 1939 most of them were dead, mostly because many of them returned with half or only one lung as a result of gas.

No wonder WWI changed the world more than WWII.
My great-uncle survived Vimy Ridge, Passchendale and the Somme. He died at 97 in 1990, still coughing from the gas attacks. Forward artillery positions couldn't really retreat since so much depended on their actions. The only action he ever spoke about however were the girls in Paris after a victory parade through Paris.
03-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #7132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
During WWI there were still lots of Germans in the US. The US at the start of the war had maintained a position of neutrality, not wishing to be involved.

Then, after certain events, the Germans began to try and undermine the US, and sabotage it. There were mysterious explosions in factories, mysterious deaths, all sorts of odd things began to happen.
culminating in the sinking of the Lusitania with American loss of life.

03-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #7133
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey guys! I have a question. Will Photoshop Elements let me search my pictures for ones taken by the K-x vs the K-5ii
Yes. Top right hand corner there is a search field. Search on Kx or K-x or however the camera name is stored in the exif and it will find all the images with that data in the exif.
It only works within a folder - so if you have moved images to different folders, you will have to search each folder.

---------- Post added 03-05-2014 at 11:40 AM ----------

Dansamy, since my last answer, I have tested again and get different results depending on what exif field I search on.
To answer your question initially, I just searched on ds and it pulled up all the images taken with my old *ist DS.
After I posted, I tried a couple of other searches eg Fired, to see if it would pull up flash photos: no luck!
No luck also with pattern to find by metering mode.
It successfully searched on corporation (not that you would ever want to!!) So it finds stuff in both the make and model exif fields.
A search of a word in the filename field is also successful.

Last edited by rod_grant; 03-04-2014 at 05:41 PM.
03-04-2014, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #7134
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

To get things back on track here:

"The early bird gets the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese..."

Which is an excellent reason to not buy a K-3 until the dreaded hociR is removed.

Steve
03-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #7135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

"The early bird gets the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese..."

Which is an excellent reason to not buy a K-3 until the dreaded hociR is removed.

Steve
Your logic is inedible!
03-04-2014, 06:23 PM   #7136
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve
I like the hociR on the back! It makes me feel like a rebel!
03-04-2014, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #7137
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
I like the hociR on the back! It makes me feel like a rebel
Rebels have Canon on the front
03-04-2014, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #7138
Veteran Member

Somewhere in the bowels of the NSA some data geek is laughing out loud in his cubicle because he was assigned this thread to watch closely for possible threats!
If that poor slugs life has been improved by this, then it all has been worth it!!
03-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #7139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
a rebel!
You should buy one and not report back.

Just kidding.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 03-04-2014 at 06:46 PM.
03-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #7140
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Rebels have Canon on the front
Not this one! I would never go Canon!

Glass is to expensive for what it is, the only advantage in my eyes is a professional Four letter word Five letter word Which hociR will release eventually Im good with waiting.

Maybe you guys should all go buy Canikon since the evil hociR will be on everything from here on out!

starwars