Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #7441
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Considering that people would empty the contents of their chamber pots out the window into the street I suspect that anything that could cover that odor was a welcome accessory.
In my youth ladies tauught me that a gentleman walks on the street side of a lady to protect her from mud thrown up by the wheels of a carriage. In private my father explained the real, less delicate reason.

03-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #7442
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In my youth ladies tauught me that a gentleman walks on the street side of a lady to protect her from mud thrown up by the wheels of a carriage. In private my father explained the real, less delicate reason.
Yeah, that's "mud"!
03-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #7443
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes Iowa is soggy right now, but we're hoping to dry out soon. As for worst smell: corpse. Made worse by being a family member.
Now onto something much better!
Since my last blast from the past got good reviews, and I'm at no risk to accidently win anything, here is an action shot:

Can you find me? And yes this was with a Pentax!
03-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #7444
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Ditto from my family. But I also grew up in an era when horses still pulled dairy wagons and such. "Yeah, that's mud."

03-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #7445
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Can you find me?
Um, the guy with the orange jacket and black hat?
03-11-2014, 04:36 PM - 1 Like   #7446
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Um, the guy with the orange jacket and black hat?
You're a winner!!
03-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #7447
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK.
The worse thing I ever ate...Balut.
Neighbor, married to a Filipino, walks up the drive-way. He is carrying couple egg`s and offers one to try out.
Tells me it is a delicacy and I will love it. He (a retired navy SEAL, with a twinkle in his eye) hands me this egg with a half developed chicken inside.
No choice...(FINN`s don`t blink) the chick goes down the hatch with hot and steamy, smelly feathers, the small eyeballs popping and the tiny feet and the little peak crunching with every bite.
Would have been better with some salt.

edit: reminiscing this interesting culinary experience just made me forget about the hociR.

---------- Post added 03-11-14 at 08:16 PM ----------

Yes Iowa is soggy right now, but we're hoping to dry out soon. As for worst smell: corpse. Made worse by being a family member.
Now onto something much better!
Since my last blast from the past got good reviews, and I'm at no risk to accidently win anything, here is an action shot:

Can you find me? And yes this was with a Pentax!
The one with the leg up?.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 03-11-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: yes.
03-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #7448
Pentaxian

Worst thing I ever ate...

Not sure I want to remember.

However, I did raise three daughters and each and everyone of them HAD to learn how to cook. You just learn to close your eyes, open your hatch and say..."you're getting better dear"...as whatever that was went down. And if you're lucky you don't break any teeth in the process.

But...what doesn't kill ya will make you stronger...right?

---------- Post added 03-11-2014 at 05:33 PM ----------

But I would still stay away from my older daughter's prime rib if you value your stomach at all. Just a bit of friendly advice.

---------- Post added 03-11-2014 at 05:35 PM ----------

And the younger one has been exploring French cuisine...but I'm not too sure she really understands the words yet...

---------- Post added 03-11-2014 at 05:38 PM ----------

But if any of them tries to serve me roast hociR...well let's just say I won't be having any of that.
03-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #7449
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup. Those days of learning how to cook and half of spices gone...
03-11-2014, 05:42 PM   #7450
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Yup. Those days of learning how to cook and half of spices gone...
My wife disputes it but I am pretty sure that is when my ulcers started. Strangely enough they went away once they all moved out.
03-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #7451
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife disputes it but I am pretty sure that is when my ulcers started. Strangely enough they went away once they all moved out.

edit: I widnessed the dumping of stuff...several names for the potions
03-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #7452
Pentaxian

Odd things for certain.

And has anyone considered the trauma inflicted on a young brother raised with several sisters?

Let's put it this way...when I pulled into the driveway after a long day at work and seen the young man's underwear hanging beneath the Stars and Stripes on our flagpole I just knew he had not had a particularly good day.
03-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #7453
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Odd things for certain.

And has anyone considered the trauma inflicted on a young brother raised with several sisters?

Let's put it this way...when I pulled into the driveway after a long day at work and seen the young man's underwear hanging beneath the Stars and Stripes on our flagpole I just knew he had not had a particularly good day.
All for the sake of culinary science.
03-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #7454
Veteran Member

My younger daughter loves spicy food! She really loves spicy Asian food!! She puts pepper sauce on everything and will eat tons of Thai chilis!!
She is currently in Bethlehem enjoying Palestinian food! Actually a really peaceful place. Since tourism is necessary for survival they make sure there is no troubles!
She has her K110D and kit, so some killer photos should be coming back with her!!
03-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #7455
Veteran Member

My younger daughter loves spicy food! She really loves spicy Asian food!! She puts pepper sauce on everything and will eat tons of Thai chilis!!
She is currently in Bethlehem enjoying Palestinian food! Actually a really peaceful place. Since tourism is necessary for survival they make sure there is no troubles!
She has her K110D and kit, so some killer photos should be coming back with her!!
Korean Kim chee may be the stinkiest and foulest alleged food ever foisted on an unsuspecting group of Pentax owners longing for spring. Think of sauerkraut. Now think of sauerkraut made from rotten fish. Although no westerner has ever learned how to make that stuff. Ate it in Hawaii years ago and still cannot get the taste or smell memory out of my head. I guess it is an acquired taste, like a K3.