Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
03-14-2014, 05:42 AM - 1 Like   #7546
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I've been meaning to ask. If you live in Oz, where everything is upside down compared to the real world up here, does the logo on the back of your K3 naturally spell hociR? And what keeps the Joeys in the Jill's pouches? Do the wardens glue them in there with Vegemite?
No I use the Vegemite to cover up the hociR.
Glenn

03-14-2014, 08:51 AM   #7547
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I've been meaning to ask. If you live in Oz, where everything is upside down compared to the real world up here, does the logo on the back of your K3 naturally spell hociR? And what keeps the Joeys in the Jill's pouches? Do the wardens glue them in there with Vegemite?
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Same thing that keeps any Joey in Jill's pouch anywhere else in the world...
Ahem.

This is getting almost cihpargonorp.

Certainly will cause an aversion to a K3 purchase.
03-14-2014, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #7548
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Ahem.

This is getting almost cihpargonorp.

Certainly will cause an aversion to a K3 purchase.
Remember, we've already been over this cihpargonorp issue ... the next generation will be called the hociR "K-3some"(thing) ... J
03-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #7549
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hate to be breaking the flow of this thread but I have to report "why I won't buy a K3 (yet)":

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/254464-k3-crazy-mirror-sic...ours-here.html

JP

03-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #7550
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I hate to be breaking the flow of this thread but I have to report "why I won't buy a K3 (yet)":

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/254464-k3-crazy-mirror-sic...ours-here.html

JP
Old news here*, though it would be good if the people with this issue would do a better job of determining just what it is...runaway shutter, camera lock-up, flapping mirror, or ???

About the only common thread is that most seem to be K-3 power users who own/use the grip with many also using the the intervalometer or exposure bracketing feature. I would be curious how many are shooting Av mode, fixed ISO with relatively short intervals during changing light conditions (exposure time overlaps set interval).

Now, if we can get back on-topic I suspect Vegemite contamination.

Steve

* At least one person (me?) cited this as a reason they would not buy a K-3.

Last edited by stevebrot; 03-14-2014 at 10:45 AM.
03-14-2014, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #7551
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Old news here*, though it would be good if the people with this issue would do a better job of determining just what it is...runaway shutter, camera lock-up, flapping mirror, or ???

About the only common thread is that most seem to be K-3 power users who own/use the grip with many also using the the intervalometer or exposure bracketing feature. I would be curious how many are shooting Av mode, fixed ISO with relatively short intervals during changing light conditions (exposure time overlaps set interval).

Now, if we can get back on-topic I suspect Vegemite contamination.

Steve

* At least one person (me?) cited this as a reason they would not buy a K-3.
Well, wouldn't you freak out if someone put Vegemite on you?!?
03-14-2014, 12:04 PM - 1 Like   #7552
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Well, wouldn't you freak out if someone put Vegemite on you?!?
I would freak out more if someone put it in my mouth! But perhaps the Crazy Ass Mirror Sickness ("CAMS") was caused by Vegemite used as battery terminal coating to prevent corrosion?

03-14-2014, 12:18 PM - 1 Like   #7553
Veteran Member

Okay, warning, on topic post! (Did I say all this already? I can't remember, lol.) Besides the fact that it would cost me way too much to go there I don't think the K3 is a very pretty camera compared to some, cough. It's not fugly like the K-01 but it's not sexy like the K-30 either. It's just average looking. It's also too complicated in some ways for me. When it comes to DSLR's I don't need TWO memory card slots, or the ability to use some new kind of card that sounds like it's a new disease. Or more video ability or the ability to use wifi to unload my photos. Or 24mp. It's just total overkill. I'm glad it's out with all it's nifty bells and whistles. The existence of the K-3 has driven the price of the K5/K5II's down to where I might actually be able to afford one soon but otherwise I honestly have no use for it. I totally covet a K5II mostly because I want to improve my AF and get a body with WR, but that's more than enough camera for me. For me, buying a K-30 would be like going into a Ferrari dealership and getting a brand new one when I know I can really only afford a used Ford. It would just kill my budget and for what? A lot of features I will never even use.
03-14-2014, 12:22 PM - 1 Like   #7554
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Okay, warning, on topic post! (Did I say all this already? I can't remember, lol.) Besides the fact that it would cost me way too much to go there I don't think the K3 is a very pretty camera compared to some, cough. It's not fugly like the K-01 but it's not sexy like the K-30 either. It's just average looking. It's also too complicated in some ways for me. When it comes to DSLR's I don't need TWO memory card slots, or the ability to use some new kind of card that sounds like it's a new disease. Or more video ability or the ability to use wifi to unload my photos. Or 24mp. It's just total overkill. I'm glad it's out with all it's nifty bells and whistles. The existence of the K-3 has driven the price of the K5/K5II's down to where I might actually be able to afford one soon but otherwise I honestly have no use for it. I totally covet a K5II mostly because I want to improve my AF and get a body with WR, but that's more than enough camera for me. For me, buying a K-30 would be like going into a Ferrari dealership and getting a brand new one when I know I can really only afford a used Ford. It would just kill my budget and for what? A lot of features I will never even use.
Well, if you shoot Jpeg you could always save files in the 12-14 mp range (Mid quality). That is what I have already been doing on business related shots where the viewers don't have any taste. But for large prints, really large prints, like 24"x26" I will use the full megapickle range. I find the K-3 menus strangely familiar and simple after using the K-30. Oops, off-topic! There may be Vegemite in my laptop keyboard creating hazardous Auto-Correct conditions.
03-14-2014, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #7555
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Okay, warning, on topic post!
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Well, if you shoot Jpeg you could always save files in the 12-14 mp range (Mid quality).
Man, this thread is going down hill fast.

03-14-2014, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #7556
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
I would freak out more if someone put it in my mouth! But perhaps the Crazy Ass Mirror Sickness ("CAMS") was caused by Vegemite used as battery terminal coating to prevent corrosion?
Just to get us back "off-topic" again ... does anyone ever remember pouring Coke on corroded battery terminals to clean them up ?! J
03-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #7557
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Just to get us back "off-topic" again ... does anyone ever remember pouring Coke on corroded battery terminals to clean them up ?! J
I have heard of people doing this, though I usually use baking soda in a little water followed by a going over with a battery terminal cleaner (special tool).

Steve
03-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #7558
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have heard of people doing this, though I usually use baking soda in a little water followed by a going over with a battery terminal cleaner (special tool).

Steve
Did you have one of those reaming brushes ... thought those were cool in their little carrying cases ... J

No hociR marked here ... and "ouch", if you were to sit on it ...

03-14-2014, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #7559
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I've poured coke over a Brazilian birds . . . nevermind.

Yes. The fizzy awfulness is also good for toilet cleaning and should display similar warning labels.
03-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #7560
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
I've poured coke over a Brazilian birds . . . nevermind.

Yes. The fizzy awfulness is also good for toilet cleaning and should display similar warning labels.
Oh now ... please do tell ...