Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
03-22-2014, 07:14 AM   #7741
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Racer, I am trying to remember the movie in which the line "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight" appeared. I am thinking it was "The Magnificent Seven." Any help?
I cannot remember the first time I heard the line in a movie, in fact I seem to recall that someone uttered that line when I was much younger and there was some sort of conflict at a keg party one weekend.

I also recall a quote, and thought it was Ben Franklin, but again, the origin escapes me. Here it is:

"I carry it (a gun) in hopes that I may never need it for the reason that I carry it."

For sure, the discussion about this subject could seriously derail this thread (as if this thread has not already been completely and hopelessly derailed) and likely even get us cross threaded with the rules here about discussions of things political.

Any way you slice it, a K3 would be of little help in such matters. And hociR should tread lightly when in my presence, for I never will make it clear if I do, or do not, exercise my 2nd amendment rights.

And it is breakfast time now, so how about some thick farm sliced bacon, fresh eggs, and hash browns with onions and shredded Tillamook cheddar cheese on them?

Mmmmmm . . . . . . . . . . tasty!

03-22-2014, 07:31 AM   #7742
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You definitely get the "My Week Sucks Worse Than Your Week" award!
Were they rented, or will you have to pay to replace them?
That's the part that sucks. Even though you don't own the directv box, you get to pay a $99-199 lease down payment plus I think it's $6-10/month per receiver. The modem I owned with no monthly BS fee from AT&T. But since I'm NOT paying directv $99-199 dollars for the privilege of continuing their service, I decided to upgrade to Uverse internet. Since I have to spend $100 bucks on a modem, may as well go to the newer, supposedly better, service. And cancel directv.
03-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #7743
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
That's the part that sucks. Even though you don't own the directv box, you get to pay a $99-199 lease down payment plus I think it's $6-10/month per receiver. The modem I owned with no monthly BS fee from AT&T. But since I'm NOT paying directv $99-199 dollars for the privilege of continuing their service, iI decided to upgrade to Uverse internet. Since I have to spend $100 bucks on a modem, may as well go to the newer, supposedly better, service.
The hociR would be proud of you Amy!
03-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #7744
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

And it is breakfast time now, so how about some thick farm sliced bacon, fresh eggs, and hash browns with onions and shredded Tillamook cheddar cheese on them?

Been there, done that, two hours ago. Hashed 'em myself. Subbed Mozzarella, added mushrooms and chopped peppers but Mmmmmmm .......... tasty!

03-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #7745
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Been there, done that, two hours ago. Hashed 'em myself. Subbed Mozzarella, added mushrooms and chopped peppers but Mmmmmmm .......... tasty!
Oh wow!

Kitchen here I come!

Substitute American for the Mozzarella directly across the hot hashbrowns. Add 'rooms and a bit of salsa.
03-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #7746
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Y'all are making me regret the donuts & pigs I had for breakfast.
03-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #7747
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Oh wow!

Kitchen here I come!

Substitute American for the Mozzarella directly across the hot hashbrowns. Add 'rooms and a bit of salsa.
QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Y'all are making me regret the donuts & pigs I had for breakfast.
Proof that we are a divers and eclectic bunch. And our world allows for the ultimate satisfaction of each and every individual taste.

Tina, so sorry that you have regrets regarding your choice this morning. But hey, donuts and pigs are good too!

And there is always tomorrow.

03-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #7748
Pentaxian

Here's a Pig cookbook that I would recommend ... plus a snap of the recipe for stuffed pig ears ... MMMM J

03-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #7749
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
plus a snap of the recipe for stuffed pig ears ... MMMM J

Hold-on now. Yes, the recipe has oreilles but it also has pieds. And why three of each? Where do you find three-legged, three-eared cochons? Only in la belle France, peut-etre.
03-22-2014, 11:33 AM   #7750
Pentaxian

Hold-on now. Yes, the recipe has oreilles but it also has pieds. And why three of each? Where do you find three-legged, three-eared cochons? Only in la belle France, peut-etre.
Good questions ... let me get back to you on that one ... J
03-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #7751
Forum Member

Same place you get 3 eyed fish. In the Springfield nuclear power plant nature reserve.

03-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #7752
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Brand X Quote
Same place you get 3 eyed fish. In the Springfield nuclear power plant nature reserve.
Or maybe after hociR finshes off Tokyo.
03-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #7753
Pentaxian

Re-bonjour jac ... Here's another recipe for you ... a sausage recipe ... J (a good book, too)

03-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #7754
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Re-bonjour jac ... Here's another recipe for you ... a sausage recipe ... J (a good book, too)

Hmmm. Now, according to Step 2, I'm going to need trois femmes, one with only one leg. And I haven't rolled stockings off a lady in many, many years. As I recall, just getting one of them to hold still was a bit of a chore. Has the technique changed in the 21st century?
03-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #7755
Pentaxian

Hmmm. Now, according to Step 2, I'm going to need trois femmes, one with only one leg. And I haven't rolled stockings off a lady in many, many years. As I recall, just getting one of them to hold still was a bit of a chore. Has the technique changed in the 21st century?
Well, I would be one of the last persons to ask that one to ... got married last century, so kind of "outdated" as well ... J