Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
03-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #7861
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
And you don't walk to work or ride a bike because???
Because I'm lazy.
To save wear and tear on my truck, I bought a Chevy Spark for around town.

03-27-2014, 12:15 AM   #7862
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
... All loaded up with the camper, the trailer loaded with the race car, 150 gallons of race fuel, extra tires, etc. grossed out at 20,000lbs. Went down to Willows, California to Thunderhill for a race meet. ...
Race car ?! What's this "race car" business ... I do not think that I have see any images of that one! Holding out on us (me) !? J

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 03-27-2014 at 02:13 PM.
03-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #7863
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I did get a sticker-shock little while ago. Looked at a four-door F-350 diesel dually with full bed. 70 THOUSAND dollars!
Yikes!! That's Beemer 5-Series territory!!
03-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #7864
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yikes!! That's Beemer 5-Series territory!!
Ford had gotten seriously proud of their stuff, haven't they?

03-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #7865
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Ford had gotten seriously proud of their stuff, haven't they?
Well, it is a 4-Door, Cummins, Allison, Dana, 350-Series Dually Long-Bed at who-knows-what Trim level. Truck with a capital 'T'.

But still.
03-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #7866
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I bought a Chevy Spark for around town.
Chevy "Spark"?

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Race car ?! What's this "race car" business ... I do not think that I have see any images of that one! Holding out on us (me) !? J
I've posted pictures of my Datsun before, you may have missed those posts. Well I am proud of it, so here it is again.

By a different photographer:

And by me (also including one of my street Z's):

Well, it is a 4-Door, Cummins, Allison, Dana, 350-Series Dually Long-Bed at who-knows-what Trim level. Truck with a capital 'T'.

But still.
When did Ford start putting a Cummins engine in their pickups? And when did GM start allowing them to put the Allison tranny in them?
03-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #7867
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

who-knows-what Trim level
It was one of those fully loaded "King Ranch" models.

---------- Post added 03-27-14 at 05:55 PM ----------

When did Ford start putting a Cummins engine in their pickups? And when did GM start allowing them to put the Allison tranny in them?
They don`t, but that would be the ultimate truck.

03-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #7868
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, it is a 4-Door, Cummins, Allison, Dana, 350-Series Dually Long-Bed
When did Ford start putting a Cummins engine in their pickups?
If not used in the pejorative, using Cummins and Ford in the same sentence is heresy and, I believe, a felony in 23 states.
03-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #7869
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
After a walk with the park naturalist, he showed about a bazillion people how to attract Jays and Chickadees by pishing (look it up) with bread crumbs in his hand. SO a week later I'm standing in the middle of the parking lot at one of the birding sites, pishing away with my toast chopped into cute little cubes hoping to get some Jay pictures. Well another birder turns up with a handful of chopped cheese opens up his hand and about 5 jays come flying in out of nowhere, no pishing, no nothing, just instant birds. I also take them chopped toast, nuts and dried fruits... I have a healthy bird diet for them. But the cheese always goes first. I'm guessing the reasons for that are, pretty good fat content, they really need that in the winter, and lots of salt , which is really hard for wild animals to obtain. They eat the other stuff too, but only after all the cheese is gone. Once they discover you're a cheese person, they'll eat the birdie health food you bring too. As for those commercial bird feeds with all that corn and stuff, they leave that stuff on the ground. Sure the birds will eat that food... if they are starving, and there is nothing else.
So you feed the birds cheese so they will cheese... for the camera...
03-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #7870
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If not used in the pejorative, using Cummins and Ford in the same sentence is heresy and, I believe, a felony in 23 states.
Hope the judge takes bribes and likes bacon and cheese.
03-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #7871
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I wholeheartedly agree.

Damn be to hociR!
03-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #7872
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Really? I thought that would be Detroit Diesel. OK I get it - Powerstroke = Ford, Duramax = GM, something = FIAT Dodge RAM.

But I'm a car guy. Old cars. What do I know?

The only trucks I know are Suburban 2500 series. They're good for 500,000 miles on the V-8, but they're called 2500 because that's how many miles they go before the tranny needs work. I actually developed a warped driveshaft on my last one. That was it for GM. And Boy Scout trailers.

The dealer's defense was, mine was assembled in Mexico, not Texas (which is BS - theey only sis the 1500's in Mexico).

Last edited by monochrome; 03-28-2014 at 06:57 AM.
03-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #7873
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You can get the F650 and F750 with an ISB Cummins!
03-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #7874
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
You can get the F650 and F750 with an ISB Cummins!
WHOA...
Put a plow in front of that
03-27-2014, 11:05 PM   #7875
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
I've got 135,000 miles on a 2005 Focus SES hatchback 5-speed. Best car I've ever owned. Not sexy but a solid ride, no hociR on it anywhere. Mr. Orchid's 'vette is comatose in the carport; sexy but not running... can't drive it to rescue Tokyo, sorry.
Mine is a 2007 but I got it gently used in 2009 I think it was? It's still got less than 10K. I've obviously been babying mine, lol. I had to put new tires on it again not too long ago but other than that the mechanic said the car was in amazing shape considering when I did the check over/tune up thing. He also told me that I could still get 11-13K for it easy even though it's 7 years old with the excellent condition it's in. Apparently people are willing to pay well used for this one in great shape and there are not enough for the demand out there. So now I get why the dealership we bought it from is always nagging me to sell it back and "upgrade." They might be able to sell it again and get back as much as 2K above what they sold it to us for. No way, baby. I plan on driving this car for the next decade at least, knock on wood...