Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #7951
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Now I do and I want one--great camera case!
The Kangoo will carry one of these easy (plus other gear) ... just don't point it out the window as you drive by

Also, people sometimes "slow down" around my blue Kangoo, because the French Gendarmerie drive the same vehicles ... I always wanted to add a big white stripe on the side, but my wife said "nyet" ...

04-02-2014, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #7952
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
The Kangoo will carry one of these easy (plus other gear) ... just don't point it out the window as you drive by

Also, people sometimes "slow down" around my blue Kangoo, because the French Gendarmerie drive the same vehicles ... I always wanted to add a big white stripe on the side, but my wife said "nyet" ...
A blue plastic bubble gum machine on the top can be secured with a magnet inside the gum balls, locking it to the Kangoo roof. If available bubble gum machines only are clear plastic, fill with blue marbles. Do Not Use blue M&Ms unless you plan on moving to the Scottish Highlands, where Kerrowdown celebrates the annual sunny day with street photog of orange roller suitcases.
04-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #7953
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Now I do and I want one--great camera case!
04-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #7954

7,952 posts and 167,051 views on Kangoo cars and gun cameras?

Well. Anyone interested in Photographic Astrology?

Or has that subject already passed by on this surrealistic scene?

04-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #7955
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That may be the only subject that hasn't been discussed in this thread.
04-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #7956
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My HHR is under the ignition switch recall, and when I emailed GM customer service to see about getting the recall expedited they arranged for a rental car at their expense instead. I was given a 2012 Chevy Malibu from Avis, and GM is paying for it.

After picking up the rental car and getting home I get a call from Avis asking me to come back because the previous person that had it (I got it right away) had forgotten their concealed carry weapon in it. Seriously? Take that permit away from them!

I looked in the center console, and sure enough, there was a small Taurus 380 semi auto pistol in there. I didn't look at the model. I ejected the magazine and racked the slide to eject the one they left in the chamber. They were using steel cased rounds, which is fine in some guns for target practice, but I certainly wouldn't use them as my primary defense rounds.

Still, I went back, and the guy from Avis met me, I told him what I did and he joked about I should have fired off a couple. I handed him the weapon and then the magazine, and said he could rack the slide and see it was empty. He didn't. To me that is a safety concern, because you ALWAYS check to see if the weapon is loaded, even if you are told it is not. Ohh well, strange things today!
04-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #7957
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a problem withthe fact that it was in the console. When you carry a weapon, CARRY it. If maintaining possession and control of it is too much of an inconvenience, leave it home.

04-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #7958
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I agree. When I carry it is on me and accessible, yet concealed. If I feel the need to take one to the range, but I do not feel like carrying then it is in a case. Still, I can't for the life of me figure out how in the world someone forgot their weapon!
04-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #7959
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
A blue plastic bubble gum machine on the top can be secured with a magnet inside the gum balls, locking it to the Kangoo roof. If available bubble gum machines only are clear plastic, fill with blue marbles. Do Not Use blue M&Ms unless you plan on moving to the Scottish Highlands, where Kerrowdown celebrates the annual sunny day with street photog of orange roller suitcases.
OK ... now this thread has passed all the limits for me ... the "K" bomb has been dropped ... Kerrowdown ALERT !!! J

---------- Post added 04-03-14 at 07:22 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ztrejfer Quote

Do any of your astrology formations which look like bacon, cheese or hociR ... we have not talk about those in a while ... J

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 04-02-2014 at 11:16 PM.
04-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #7960
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That may be the only subject that hasn't been discussed in this thread.
It was discussed, but in the alternate reality that occasionally intersects this one. That reality where the hociR is called "Ricoh" is even stranger than this one.

Steve

---------- Post added 04-02-14 at 11:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
My HHR is under the ignition switch recall, and when I emailed GM customer service to see about getting the recall expedited they arranged for a rental car at their expense instead. I was given a 2012 Chevy Malibu from Avis, and GM is paying for it.

After picking up the rental car and getting home I get a call from Avis asking me to come back because the previous person that had it (I got it right away) had forgotten their concealed carry weapon in it. Seriously? Take that permit away from them!

I looked in the center console, and sure enough, there was a small Taurus 380 semi auto pistol in there. I didn't look at the model. I ejected the magazine and racked the slide to eject the one they left in the chamber. They were using steel cased rounds, which is fine in some guns for target practice, but I certainly wouldn't use them as my primary defense rounds.

Still, I went back, and the guy from Avis met me, I told him what I did and he joked about I should have fired off a couple. I handed him the weapon and then the magazine, and said he could rack the slide and see it was empty. He didn't. To me that is a safety concern, because you ALWAYS check to see if the weapon is loaded, even if you are told it is not. Ohh well, strange things today!
There ya go...an example of both responsible and intelligent gun ownership. Perhaps universal weapons training is a good idea after all.

Steve
04-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #7961
Pentaxian

Those Russians never let us have any fun! When my wife's uncle visited us in Grenoble, he was amazed (coming from New Orleans) that it seemed none of the cops were fat. I had to explain that the Gendarmes are part of the army, and that the smaller towns had the porc-flic!

BTW, I don't think I would've slowed down near your car. Due to my wife's employer at the time, we had green license plates on our little Subaru (Europeans will get this: most EU plates are white and blue or yellow, but green means "tax exempt," and is usually a diplomatic car). When I first picked them up at the shop, the guy told me I could park on the lawn of the Hotel de Ville and not get a ticket! I did see the flash of the speed cameras on the A7 many times, and never heard a peep about it... good times!

Also, if you Americans want a Kangoo, the closest you can get is a Ford Transit Connect. Pretty expensive for what it is, too!

Last edited by panoguy; 04-03-2014 at 10:26 AM.
04-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #7962
Pentaxian

I usually won't buy a K-3 unless the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars...

DO those Kangoos come in a 4 wheel drive version?
04-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #7963
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I usually won't buy a K-3 unless the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars...
...... so peace will guide the Pentax, and love will steer the (DA)stars?
04-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #7964
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
... I did see the flash of the speed cameras on the A7 many times, and never heard a peep about it... good times! ...
Oh, now I hate you ... ... I have never been flashed (knock wood), but got a "random pull over" at a roundabout for a breath-analyzer test coming home last year from summer vacation and about thirty miles from home ... negative since never drink before hitting the road. First time I had ever been stopped in France. J
04-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #7965
Pentaxian

Oh, now I hate you ... ... I have never been flashed (knock wood), but got a "random pull over" at a roundabout for a breath-analyzer test coming home last year from summer vacation and about thirty miles from home ... negative since never drink before hitting the road. First time I had ever been stopped in France. J
And that's how they will know you aren't native-born!

BTW, found an old pic of the "bulletproof green gremlin." 38 ftw!

---------- Post added 04-03-14 at 01:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
DO those Kangoos come in a 4 wheel drive version?
At least some do:

Wow, what a dramatic difference in photography between those images! Mine was shot with a Canon 300D and the 18-55 kit lens (man, did it suck) and that 4x4 Kangoo is from a Casio EX-Z22 point-n-shoot.

Last edited by panoguy; 04-03-2014 at 11:00 AM.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »