Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
04-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #8011
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
They play lacrosse in MO?!! How times have changed!
Yep - Prep Schools since the 70's, Club for Boys Publics since the 90's, State-sanctioned full sport for Girls (Title IX, of course). Pretty big in Texas and California, too. My son played D-III X-Attack in college. No money in D-III, but there are kids from the team he's coaching now who have signed D-1 Letters of Intent.

I went to UVa in the 70's and 'discovered' LAX watching ACC and eastern schools (especially Navy, UMd, Loyola, Hopkins). My youngest is a Grad student in College Park. 35ish years ago I NEVER would have imagined having a Terps sticker on my car . . .

The whole point of the K10D and then joining PF was to take Lacrosse shots. The Olympus E20-n, while a fine digital camera, wasn't cutting it and film was expensive.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-05-2014 at 10:14 AM.
04-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #8012
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The whole point of the K10D and then joining PF was to take Lacrosse shots.
So the whole point of buying a K3 and joining this thread would be ....?
04-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #8013
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I joined the thread before I was given a K3. Having never actually purchased a hociR, though some on other threads would call me a turncoat or a plant or a double agent, I was made actually an Honorary Member of the thread back about post 1,659.
04-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #8014
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I joined the thread before I was given a K3. Having never actually purchased a hociR, though some on other threads would call me a turncoat or a plant or a double agent, I was made actually an Honorary Member of the thread back about post 1,659.
Yep. Slipped through on a technicality. Didn't buy a K-3.

04-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #8015
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My youngest is a Grad student in College Park. 35ish years ago I NEVER would have imagined having a Terps sticker on my car . . .
I don't have one but my daughter (facing the camera in front of the goalie) will be a freshman there in the Fall. She's hoping to play club lacrosse in the spring.

Having never actually purchased a hociR, though some on other threads would call me a turncoat or a plant or a double agent,
I decided that buying a K-3 didn't mean I had to stop participating in this thread. It may be illogical but logic was thrown under the bus here early on. I haven't taken any lax shots with it yet.
04-05-2014, 01:56 PM   #8016
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

She's hoping to play club lacrosse in the spring..
Judging by your sweet little daughter's expression, she should make the squad if "Don't mess with me!" is one of the criteria.
04-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #8017
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Judging by your sweet little daughter's expression, she should make the squad if "Don't mess with me!" is one of the criteria.
Indeed, she can be quite intimidating.

Last edited by dadipentak; 04-05-2014 at 02:46 PM.
04-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #8018
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't have one but my daughter (facing the camera in front of the goalie) will be a freshman there in the Fall. She's hoping to play club lacrosse in the spring.
If she takes any 19th C. American English Literature courses in the next three years she might well have mine as an Instructor who carries a Q in her messenger bag. And from the looks of this photograph Maryland will have a Women's Longstick come fall.
04-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #8019
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If she takes any 19th C. American English Literature courses in the next three years she might well have mine as an Instructor who carries a Q in her messenger bag.
How cool!
04-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #8020
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
If I buy the K-3, will the hociR include the Pentax Girl as part of the bundle or will I have to settle for the hociR girl?

http://youtu.be/fkuFUv-nhcI

Steve
Hey! I want one of those! I could do the same with Mrs. Racer, and then she would never be able to complain there is too much to do and not enough time to do it.

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Heard about that transplant biz recently, too. There's another way, only slightly less gross (IMO) -- active culture yogurt, which I spent about a month consuming to get my plumbing back on track after several courses of antibiotics recently.

I wondered if it might be a secret anti-hociR weapon, to save Tokyo...

Activia?
04-05-2014, 05:18 PM   #8021
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How cool!
Yeah, I know - right? No Kidding!
04-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #8022
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ARGH... My favorite thread is fizzing down, taken over by sports shooters. What ever happened to the Bacon and Cheese lovers.
04-05-2014, 07:19 PM - 1 Like   #8023
Pentaxian

We are still here. Politely waiting until the lacrosse players get their say. We are an equal opportunity thread and that is why we don't buy K-3s.
04-05-2014, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #8024
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was busy eating home-made parmesan, triple mozzarella cheese, bacon, pepperoni, ham, smoked sausage, mushroom, green pepper pizza. Sorry.
04-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #8025
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
We are still here. Politely waiting until the lacrosse players get their say. We are an equal opportunity thread and that is why we don't buy K-3s.
Thank you. To both of you, Thought all the true believers had left.