Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
04-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #8131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hah. Rhubarb...when we were kids, we used to cut off a stick of it, peel back the skin and just gnaw on it. Talk about sour. ( sour enough to make you forget hociR on the spot ).
One of my all time favorites is
Finnish Rhubarb Soup - Honest Cooking
Chill it and just drink it out of a tall glass, yummy.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 04-09-2014 at 03:36 PM.
04-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #8132
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I have to ask - why would someone ruin a good strawberry pie by putting rhubarb in it?
Where I grew up, on a farm, rhubarb/strawberry was a season. Together. Inseparable. Like Siamese twins. They needed only a container to hold them - a pie shell. And homemade ice cream made by my Mom. Cranking and cranking the handle in the bucket with salt in the outer part. Again with the disparagement of my Mom. Last chance. Pull this again and I'm tearing the gaffer's tape off the back of your camera, exposing you to all manner of horrid things.

Last edited by jac; 04-09-2014 at 05:37 PM.
04-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #8133
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
tearing the gaffer's tape off the back of your camera,
Doesn't this come under the definition of a cruel and unusual punishment?
04-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #8134

Photos: Albums
it's hociR world. it's supposed to be cruel and unusual.

04-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #8135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
it's hociR world. it's supposed to be cruel and unusual.
You did not read this thread from page one now did you.
04-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #8136

I started from page one, but it was all too cruel and unusual
04-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #8137
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You guys are all too cruel and unusual. I am struck with the mark of hociR and all you can do is talk about rhubarb.

Steve

(...contemplating additional histrionics...)

04-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #8138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Well... if the strawberries have enough tartness to them, there's no reason, but if they're just sticky sweet, the rhubarb gives them some character.
That's what my Mom used to say, but I never bought it when she said it either. :P Then again I don't like strawberry pie much either and normally I love strawberries. Just not in pie. I'm kind of a purist when it comes to fruit pies actually. I like a small slice of apple or peach now and again, but otherwise not. I'm much more of a chocolate whipped cream and pumpkin pie person actually...
04-10-2014, 01:39 AM - 1 Like   #8139
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You guys are all too cruel and unusual. I am struck with the mark of hociR and all you can do is talk about rhubarb.

Steve

(...contemplating additional histrionics...)
"Cruel and usual" (punishments inflicted) is 8th Amendment stuff ... I would recommend the you exercise your 5th Amendment "hociR" rights ...

No person shall be held to answer for a hociR capital, or otherwise infamous hociR crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury of PF members, except in cases arising in the bacon or cheese forces, or in the Canikony Militia, when in actual service in time of Full Frame War or public danger of Tokyo ; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice (or in a K-3some) put in jeopardy of life or limb or banishment from this thread; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case, or thread persecution, to be a witness against him/herself, especially if the "hociR" mark is blatantly obvious, despite graffer's tape, nor be deprived of LBA, CBA, or GAS rights of Pentax gear, without due process of a Kangaroo (or Kangoo) court of this thread; nor shall private Pentax property be taken for public hociR use, without just compensation of a FF DSLR coming in the next six months.

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 04-10-2014 at 01:57 AM.
04-10-2014, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #8140
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

There's one of the many benefits of participation in this thread. You just can't get legal advice like that anywhere else!
04-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #8141
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
"Cruel and usual" (punishments inflicted) is 8th Amendment stuff ... I would recommend the you exercise your 5th Amendment "hociR" rights ...

No person shall be held to answer for a hociR capital, or otherwise infamous hociR crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury of PF members, except in cases arising in the bacon or cheese forces, or in the Canikony Militia, when in actual service in time of Full Frame War or public danger of Tokyo ; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice (or in a K-3some) put in jeopardy of life or limb or banishment from this thread; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case, or thread persecution, to be a witness against him/herself, especially if the "hociR" mark is blatantly obvious, despite graffer's tape, nor be deprived of LBA, CBA, or GAS rights of Pentax gear, without due process of a Kangaroo (or Kangoo) court of this thread; nor shall private Pentax property be taken for public hociR use, without just compensation of a FF DSLR coming in the next six months.
I feel so much better now, knowing that my rights are secured. OTOH...could I just have the FF dSLR?

Steve
04-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #8142
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
When I was in the Boy Scouts, and my dad was stationed at Ault Field on Whidbey Island, the scout troop I was in had meetings in the basement of a local church. Adjacent to the church was the abandoned garden of an old hobby farm, and in that garden was a clump of rhubarb that had gone wild. We would go out and cut stalks of the rhubarb off with our trusty Boy Scout knives, and eat it like a stalk of celery.

Sure, it was tart, but it was fresh, and it was good.

There were also hills of wild (once cultivated) strawberries and we ate those too!

And hociR was but a dream then, the PENTAX Spotmatic was awarded the "1966 Good Design Product" from the Japanese Ministry of International Trade and Industry that year.

Would I eat rhubarb raw like that today?

Not hardly.

My tastebuds have evolved, and rhubarb must be in a pie, with sweet strawberries, and served fresh out of the oven, the fading warmth melting a couple of scoops of the very best vanilla ice cream.
04-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #8143
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I feel so much better now, knowing that my rights are secured. OTOH...could I just have the FF dSLR?

Steve
I thought the K3 was family friendly!
04-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #8144
Pentaxian

My rhubarb eating buddy always carried a salt shaker in his back pocket during rhubarb season, we used to sneak down the alley and put our hands through the back fence of a neighbour that had a big rhubarb patch at the back of her property. Rhubarb without salt is like Pentax without hociR.
04-10-2014, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #8145
Pentaxian

The "hociR" FB page for "Throw back Thursday" ... asking us who it is ... gee, I dunno ... so, let it be J