Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108814 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2014, 04:54 PM - 1 Like   #8281
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Question - would it be too early to spawn a new thread: Why I won't buy a 645Z. Maybe invite the OP to start one? Or maybe we wait until the production model is shipping?
Nooooooooooooo! This thread is an institution. Any competition WILL BE CRUSHED!!!

04-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #8282
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The 645Z is a good reason not to buy a K-3.
04-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #8283
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Dude, you are so being tracked and pandered to! The evil hociR is even paying to know what cat videos you watch. Get on the free version of DoNotTrackMe and use the DuckDuckGo search engine, and you'll get unbiased (but far less funny) search results like this:

04-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #8284
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Dude, you are so being tracked and pandered to! The evil hociR is even paying to know what cat videos you watch. Get on the free version of DoNotTrackMe and use the DuckDuckGo search engine, and you'll get unbiased (but far less funny) search results like this:
Well the "Do Not Track Me" thing wants me to give up my e-mail and register. So then it will be yet another web site that is tracking me.

04-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #8285
Veteran Member

Yup, I know about the duck. The screen grab I posted was actually via Chrome's incognito mode, which is probably not perfect but at least the results didn't show the cat videos I've been making with the K-3...
04-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #8286
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yup, I know about the duck. The screen grab I posted was actually via Chrome's incognito mode, which is probably not perfect but at least the results didn't show the cat videos I've been making with the K-3...
This is not good. The cats are in league with the hociR...

Steve
04-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #8287
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
This is not good. The cats are in league with the hociR...

Steve
I just read an ad attached to the free version of an iPhone app I use suggesting I download Chrome for iPhone. If I use Chrome for iPhone in Incognito Mode and search with DuckDuckGo then I won't get results for cat videos or duck-lip selfies, right?

P.S. - the next ad on that footer was for MS Office for iPhone. MSiWord (Read-Only Word doc.s) is free. MSiOffice costs real American money.

04-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #8288
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Well the "Do Not Track Me" thing wants me to give up my e-mail and register. So then it will be yet another web site that is tracking me.
And then they can sell your information to all the people you're blocking! How great is that?
04-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #8289
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
And then they can sell your information to all the people you're blocking! How great is that?
04-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #8290
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The man in brown, the hociR's agent, paid a dread visit today. My signature sealed the transaction and he smiled weakly before leaving me to my fate. Later, the cold, metallic weight of the object presses against my palm. My pity for the people of Tokyo slowly moves into the dark retreats of my unconscious mind.

It is here.

Steve
04-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #8291
Pentaxian

The man in brown, the hociR's agent, paid a dread visit today. My signature sealed the transaction and he smiled weakly before leaving me to my fate. Later, the cold, metallic weight of the object presses against my palm. My pity for the people of Tokyo slowly moves into the dark retreats of my unconscious mind.

It is here.

Steve
Better send it to me to see if it's working properly. I'll get it back t you in a few months I mean days.
04-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #8292
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is here.
Don't act

Opening thread?
04-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #8293
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I guess I couldn't buy one due to crop factors! I can't have it planting things I don't want after all.
04-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #8294
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hociR is REAL:
Hocir - ROBLOX

and it even has an address:
HOCIR LTD. Free business summary taken from official Companies House information. Free Alerts.

and there is also a copy-cat:
hocir: Member profile: Digital Photography Review

hociR lives in a mansion:
RICOH HOCIR - OWN - DESIGN
04-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #8295
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
HociR rises!

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-16-2014 at 08:26 PM.