Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
04-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #8356
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
... all this gardening stuff has gotten me sore, dirty, and sunburned.
What's a garden. I vaguely recall such a thing. It's supposed to be something after, or if, the snow melts, right?

04-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #8357
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
You, too?! ... several hours behind the rototiller this afternoon, but too cloudy for any "burn" action ... My hands are still vibrating and gonna be sore tomorrow morning. Ah, but at least we'll have some good rows of "ratte" potatoes, etc.

Ratte potato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit: was just bouncing about the Web on potato history and found this this: Frietmuseum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... gotta be a joke. Then again, only Belgians could do this ...
I don't have any of those, but I do have white, red, and purple potatoes planted!

My tiller (Cub Cadet RT45) would probably not beat me up so much if the soli at my place wasn't so rocky. I think next year I will hire someone with a tractor to do my garden spot and then hire someone to pick up all the rocks. Some of them are a foot in diameter and 4 inches thick!

---------- Post added 04-21-14 at 12:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
What's a garden. I vaguely recall such a thing. It's supposed to be something after, or if, the snow melts, right?
Snow is a 4 letter word. Just sayin'
04-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #8358
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
be sore tomorrow morning
But it's a good pain!! I'll have to see if we can get those taters here! Look good! Most of our garden is salad related. Lettuce, carrots, radishes, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, peas, beans, eggpant, and much more including many herbs!! Yum!!
04-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #8359
Site Supporter

Mine is tomatoes, beans, peas, carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, eggplant, butternut squash, okra, brussels sprouts, califlour, broccoli, onions, garlic, potatoes, cucumbers, radishes, and various herbs. It is going to be good at harvest time! Of course I have to keep the deer and rabbits away.

04-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #8360
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't have any of those, but I do have white, red, and purple potatoes planted!

My tiller (Cub Cadet RT45) would probably not beat me up so much if the soli at my place wasn't so rocky. I think next year I will hire someone with a tractor to do my garden spot and then hire someone to pick up all the rocks. Some of them are a foot in diameter and 4 inches thick!

---------- Post added 04-21-14 at 12:24 PM ----------

Snow is a 4 letter word. Just sayin'
What's "snow" ?! ... and I thought that I had some "rocks" in my garden ... mere pebbles by comparison, J

Oh, and any K-3 budget plans just went out the window ... gonna spend the dough to visit the fry museum!
04-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #8361
Site Supporter

That's what I get for loving on top of a hill in Tennessee.
04-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #8362
Veteran Member

That's what I get for loving on top of a hill in Tennessee.
Yes rocks would be a problem!!

04-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #8363
Site Supporter

oops, I meant living.
04-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #8364
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hereabouts we know better than to till the earth before May 1st. Our Weatherdude says we still have a chance of one more snowfall this spring. This year I'm paying a guy to drive up in a truck puliing a contraption to cut my grass for me. He rides around for 30 minutes, while another guy walks around with an edger, then a blower. What a life!

Consequently I made trips to the airport all day Saturday to pick up clanmembers (an entire pew-full at Church), my wife hosted the clan at the Faculty Club brunch then we limbered up a Corkball bat (it's a St. Louis thing) and tennis balls in the backyard.

We had to go in Old Man Jankins' yard to retrieve a foul ball three times and he yelled at me the third time!! I swear, it was just like Easter Sunday when I was a kid. I cannot believe my children made ME get the foul balls. My father always made me do that!! When is it my turn to laugh when somebody else gets yelled at?

You people work too hard.
04-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #8365
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Full Frame Sub-Forum is BLOCKED
LOL... I hadn't noticed this in your sig before - add N&R to your blocked list and PF becomes a much (quieter) happier place...

Should'a sent the girls to get the foul balls - less likely to be yelled at.
04-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #8366
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Should'a sent the girls to get the foul balls
The girls were always on base (Uncle Paul, I can't go. I'm on base. Uncle Paul, I can't go. I'm up next. Uncle Paul, I can't go. I have shorts on. Allrighty then - "Hey, Get outta my YARD!!").

Other than my mantra my sig is fluid - whatever strikes every two or three days.
04-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #8367
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Old Man Jankins is probably worried that a group of meddling kids (and their big dog) will uncover his counterfeiting scheme...
04-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #8368
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
You people work too hard.
Sounds like you had an awesome Easter!! Even with the neighbor yelling at you!
04-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #8369
Site Supporter

I'm not dead guys. I promise! I've just been busy the last couple of weeks.
04-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #8370
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Well it depends on who you ask.

, lighting.
Your description sounds like the difference between design for the driver, so things like driver fatigue and error are minimised, and design to the financial numbers of the buying company. Both design philosophies are possible but lead to different product designs.