Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
04-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #8491
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Not to mess with the current trend of the thread but I have to post this:
My son's school project.

Better photos coming. He redid the front end for our friend cause it was all busted up
Nice job.

04-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #8492
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Ok so go VW.

Now Back to dinner!!
I am now on my third VW (2 at the moment in the garage.

The first was impressive so I went back for another about he same and then I go a little zip about town car that seems perfect for that application. Not so good in the country - feels nice but economy is best in the city.
04-28-2014, 12:45 AM   #8493
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Full frame? Seriously? You bring FF into this? Now THAT'S a thread killer!
Battery! I was talking about batteries!

Btw, my cousin is a full framed guy, really he is! And he shoots only camera phones. And guns.
04-28-2014, 12:46 AM   #8494
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Foul !

On that note, I'm going off to bed and hopefully won't have a repeat of Steve's nightmare ... the hociR, the hociR ...
Hrmph, I feel framed. Fully so.

And that's why I won't buy a K-3.

04-28-2014, 01:53 AM   #8495
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Hrmph, I feel framed. Fully so.

And that's why I won't buy a K-3.
Ehhh ... hoping that you are not mad at me about that "foul" thingy I wrote ... and also hoping that your cousin does not loan you his equipment ... and I not referring to the telephone (yikes ) ... Can I offer you some French cheese or "lardons" as a Peace offering ?!

(Now too worried about my personal safety, so cannot contemplate a K-3 acquisition ... )
04-28-2014, 03:15 AM   #8496
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Ehhh ... hoping that you are not mad at me about that "foul" thingy I wrote ... and also hoping that your cousin does not loan you his equipment ... and I not referring to the telephone (yikes ) ... Can I offer you some French cheese or "lardons" as a Peace offering ?!

(Now too worried about my personal safety, so cannot contemplate a K-3 acquisition ... )
No need to borrow any equipment. I have my own. Hope that makes you more comfortable

Peace offerings in the form of cheese and wine will always be accepted. From what I've heard you guys can make grape juice that is actually fairly ok. Am I right?

My full framed cousin does make me feel quite small and spindly, and I'm 194 cm (6'4") abouts. Luckily he's a kind soul.

So, yeah, that somehow is another reason for not getting a K-3.
04-28-2014, 03:34 AM   #8497
Pentaxian

No need to borrow any equipment. I have my own. Hope that makes you more comfortable

Peace offerings in the form of cheese and wine will always be accepted. From what I've heard you guys can make grape juice that is actually fairly ok. Am I right?

My full framed cousin does make me feel quite small and spindly, and I'm 194 cm (6'4") abouts. Luckily he's a kind soul.

So, yeah, that somehow is another reason for not getting a K-3.
Merde, merde et merde encore ... I'm a dead man walking .

So, how many kilos of cheese and how many case of our fermented grape fruit juice should I send you way (panicked stare at laptop screen) ???

(Now thinking that I may never live to see the day of an evil hociR in my hands ... Adieu, K-3 !)

04-28-2014, 04:11 AM   #8498
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Merde, merde et merde encore ... I'm a dead man walking .

So, how many kilos of cheese and how many case of our fermented grape fruit juice should I send you way (panicked stare at laptop screen) ???

(Now thinking that I may never live to see the day of an evil hociR in my hands ... Adieu, K-3 !)
Hey, I'm not an unreasonable man. A case of juice of Châteauneuf-du-Pape origin every other Friday would be a good start

Damn, is this a good time for "suggesting" some more lens transactions??

Come to think of it, I believe my cousin might enjoy a holiday in south-western France. He doesn't speak French but that's ok. He has other ways of communicating.

At least he doesn't need a K-3. He would probably prefer a G3 anyway.
04-28-2014, 04:35 AM   #8499
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pretty nice, Joel.
04-28-2014, 04:44 AM   #8500
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Not to mess with the current trend of the thread but I have to post this:
My son's school project.

Better photos coming. He redid the front end for our friend cause it was all busted up
That's quite amazing work - making a Prius look like that!

04-28-2014, 04:59 AM   #8501
Pentaxian

Hey, I'm not an unreasonable man. A case of juice of Châteauneuf-du-Pape origin every other Friday would be a good start

Damn, is this a good time for "suggesting" some more lens transactions??

Come to think of it, I believe my cousin might enjoy a holiday in south-western France. He doesn't speak French but that's ok. He has other ways of communicating.

At least he doesn't need a K-3. He would probably prefer a G3 anyway.
Note to self: Be on the "look-out" for really BIG Norwegians first, then think about hociR when the coast is clear ...
04-28-2014, 05:14 AM   #8502
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Note to self: Be on the "look-out" for really BIG Norwegians ...
Well, I didn't plan on sending his brother along, but now that you mention it...

You'll recognise them by their swords, shields, horned helmets, and frothing mouths.
04-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #8503
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Where is the link.
Well, I saw it on television (you remember television, right?), but you can see it here:

Godzilla | Official Movie Site | In Theaters May 16, 2014

Prolly a few other sites, too.

Tokyo in flames!
04-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #8504
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Every time I cross the Show Me on I-70 there is at least one 4-wheeler tangled up in that silly cable that they put in to keep vehicles from crossing the median. And then there are a couple semi trucks that have done the same. The Mega Carriers chew through a lot of labor, and will put anything with a pulse in the seat.

The thing is, I-70 through Missouri is narrow, and most of it does not have much of a shoulder. There is little room for error. Put a tire wrong, and at 75 plus things get ugly in a hurry.
The Interstate Highway system actually started at St. Charles, MO where I-70 departs the Missouri River. It was orginally conceived by Pres. Eisenhower as a military asset in the event the US was invaded, with the publicly-stated transportation benefit really a secondary benefit. The stretch west from St. Louis through Kansas City to Leavenworth, KS passes 4 major military bases.

As the first section built the stretch of I-70 through Missouri was constructed for a different time - the late 50's - and Missouri has never had the money to completely rebuild I-70 to modern standards. That is actually a result of a 30's decision to invest major money in the state highway system, which at the time was the finest in the country. Today, maintaining those state highways combined with an aversion by the rural counties to paying for anything that benefits St. Louis or Kansas City makes I-70 improvement politically challenging.
04-28-2014, 07:40 AM   #8505
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Nice job.
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Pretty nice, Joel.
Thanks for the kind words! It was fun to watch my son go ape over this car! It almost killed him making it just right! The Z-3 (not to be confused with that evil thing by hociR) has been modified for SCCA racing but is still street legal!! Best part is we get to borrow it when we want to cruise!! when it's totally done I'll try for some real shots!
Not as fun as bacon but close!

---------- Post added 04-28-14 at 09:42 AM ----------

That's quite amazing work - making a Prius look like that!
The wonderful world of bondo!!!