Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #8506
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Well, I didn't plan on sending his brother along, but now that you mention it...

You'll recognise them by their swords, shields, horned helmets, and frothing mouths.
Oh ... in that case, they will feel "right at home" given my neighbors and their toys ... Site officiel du RICM

From their last "open house" ... (a pre-"SPAM Classic" image; from the "cassette" ... K-7)

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 04-28-2014 at 08:50 AM.
04-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #8507
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Well, I didn't plan on sending his brother along, but now that you mention it...

You'll recognise them by their swords, shields, horned helmets, and frothing mouths.
Oh Roland was a warrior, from the Land of the Midnight Sun...
With his Thompson gun for hire, fighting to be done...

Been so busy watching for him that I can't spare time to get a K-3 (a G3 sounds good tho!)
04-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #8508
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Oh ... in that case, they will feel "right at home" given my neighbors and their toys
Ooh ooh!! Does it come with the Infinity sound system? I want one of those!!!
04-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #8509
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Ooh ooh!! Does it come with the Infinity sound system? I want one of those!!!
Don't know about the sound system, but apparently the turning radius really sucks ...

While my wife was at home several years ago during her last maturity maternity leave, one made a "wrong turn" and came down to the end of our normal "narrow" street which is has "double forked" dead end. She said it took them quite awhile to maneuver the tank 180° so as to get it turned around at the fork intersection area. I was at work and missed everything ... and my neighbors told me later how they had to move their parked cars to create enough space for the tank to move back and forth, and back and forth, AND back and forth (rinse & repeat) ... This all happened just 50 feet from my front door. What a photo "op" missed ... Merde !!!

No need for a K-3 here, if it happens again ... my "SPAM Classic" machine should be up to the task !

Edit : "#@ç&%§*µ" spell check

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 04-28-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: typoos ...
04-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #8510
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
While my wife was at home several years ago during her last maturity leave,
Wow. The French really do get days off for everything.

Last edited by Parallax; 04-28-2014 at 09:03 AM.
04-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #8511
Veteran Member

This all happened just 50 feet from my front door. What a photo "op" missed
Yep you missed out!! I do believe that's an AMX-10-RC. Designed to be a recon vehicle with teeth! Yours has extra armor on it. If it was a tracked vehicle it could have spun on it's center and avoided all the back and forth hassles. That probably would have damaged your road though.
04-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #8512
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Oui, oui, oui ... but I meant "maternity" leave ... even the dad's get up to a week off now, I think ... with my last one, I only got a couple of days, under the old legislation ... want a refund !

Don't ask how long my wife's maternity leave was for our third daughter ...

---------- Post added 04-28-14 at 18:09 ----------

Yep you missed out!! I do believe that's an AMX-10-RC. Designed to be a recon vehicle with teeth! Yours has extra armor on it. If it was a tracked vehicle it could have spun on it's center and avoided all the back and forth hassles. That probably would have damaged your road though.
BINGO => Site officiel du RICM

04-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #8513
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I like the Cadillac 'Work Hard' commercial that everyone is criticizing as xenophobic. It makes me laugh at the hubris - and that's the point

" . . . . . . (We) got a car up there (on the moon) - left the keys in it. Ya know why? Because we're the only ones going back there, that's why!

. . . . . . . As for all the 'stuff.' That's the upside of only taking two weeks off in August. N'est-ce pas?' Wink.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-28-2014 at 12:37 PM.
04-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #8514
Veteran Member

BINGO => Site officiel du RICM
no fair!! It's in some strange foreign language!! The only word I got was Douaumont, the scene of some of the bloodiest fighting the world has ever witnessed!! Still finding remains in that area.
04-28-2014, 10:43 AM   #8515
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote

Been so busy watching for him that I can't spare time to get a K-3 (a G3 sounds good tho!)

That G3 would be an H&K, of course
04-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #8516
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh ... in that case, they will feel "right at home" given my neighbors and their toys ... Site officiel du RICM

From their last "open house" ... (a pre-"SPAM Classic" image; from the "cassette" ... K-7)
Nah, they won't be impressed by anything without tracks.

Now I would like one of those toys, though
04-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #8517
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote

Your quote does not seem to be referring to the Roland who was taken by the worm following Poitier. To whom are you referring?
04-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #8518
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
. . . As for all the 'stuff.' That's the benefit of only taking two weeks off in August.' Wink.
Less "stuff", see George Carlin (again) ... and who takes only the month of August ?!

" - = + " ... except for vacations and LBA J
04-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #8519
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Not to mess with the current trend of the thread but I have to post this:
My son's school project.

Better photos coming. He redid the front end for our friend cause it was all busted up
So what is the square opening in the bumper fascia, just under the right headlight?

Machine gun?

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The Interstate Highway system actually started at St. Charles, MO where I-70 departs the Missouri River. It was orginally conceived by Pres. Eisenhower as a military asset in the event the US was invaded, with the publicly-stated transportation benefit really a secondary benefit. The stretch west from St. Louis through Kansas City to Leavenworth, KS passes 4 major military bases.

As the first section built the stretch of I-70 through Missouri was constructed for a different time - the late 50's - and Missouri has never had the money to completely rebuild I-70 to modern standards. That is actually a result of a 30's decision to invest major money in the state highway system, which at the time was the finest in the country. Today, maintaining those state highways combined with an aversion by the rural counties to paying for anything that benefits St. Louis or Kansas City makes I-70 improvement politically challenging.
I knew about the history of the Eisenhower Interstate System, but not the details of the Missouri parts, and the intrastate politics. Seems like every local jurisdiction has them.

Maybe some cheese and bacon might grease the wheels in Jefferson City?

Don't know about the sound system, but apparently the turning radius really sucks ...

While my wife was at home several years ago during her last maturity maternity leave, one made a "wrong turn" and came down to the end of our normal "narrow" street which is has "double forked" dead end. She said it took them quite awhile to maneuver the tank 180° so as to get it turned around at the fork intersection area. I was at work and missed everything ... and my neighbors told me later how they had to move their parked cars to create enough space for the tank to move back and forth, and back and forth, AND back and forth (rinse & repeat) ... This all happened just 50 feet from my front door. What a photo "op" missed ... Merde !!!

No need for a K-3 here, if it happens again ... my "SPAM Classic" machine should be up to the task !

Edit : "#@ç&%§*µ" spell check
So they cannot drive the right side wheels independently of the left then? I mean, if the thing had hydraulic driven hubs, then each side could be driven in opposite directions, facilitating a zero radius turn much like a tank with tracks.

It would seem that the poor maneuverability would be a severe liability on the battlefield.

And a K3 would not help.
04-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #8520
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
... So they cannot drive the right side wheels independently of the left then? I mean, if the thing had hydraulic driven hubs, then each side could be driven in opposite directions, facilitating a zero radius turn much like a tank with tracks.

It would seem that the poor maneuverability would be a severe liability on the battlefield.

And a K3 would not help.
Racer ... you've got a good point there and maybe it was a "rookie" or trainee driver at the helm (that would also explain taking our well marked dead end street, etc.) I often see their "Scout Jeep" convoys on our streets with yellow bungee-corded signs attached saying "Vehicle d'ecole" (driver school) on them ... and when it's a couple of big, really tall, 4x4 cargo trucks hauling containers and sometimes pulling a trailer+container to boot ... well, I give them a wide berth or try to head in an opposite direction to leave the neighborhood.

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 04-28-2014 at 01:57 PM.