Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2014, 03:39 AM   #8701
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If you were named Richard Starkey, you would change your name too!!

05-20-2014, 05:59 AM   #8702
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I buy Bandon Cheddar. It looks and tastes like the Tillamook stuff, but is named for a scenic village hundred or so miles further down the Oregon Coast. The big secret is that the Tillamook guys (big bullies) bought out the Bandon Creamery some years ago and the cheeses are essentially the same product, only at different price points.

Steve
Didn't know that. I will certainly check it out.

But.

Like hociR, I'm not so sure if I want my Tillamook with another name on it.

Even if it does cost less.

05-21-2014, 05:08 AM   #8703
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
If you were named Richard Starkey, you would change your name too!!
No doubt!
05-21-2014, 05:39 PM   #8704
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No posts for over eight hours. Hmmm. Too much bacon, cheese, beer and pets while visions of HociR's swirl. Watched "The Gathering Storm" the other night, Sir Winston and the lesser guys. Always loved his line, in a fit of depression, while watching his pigs munch on apples.
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to you. Cats look down on you. Pigs treat you as equals"
Gotta head out in another snowstorm to pick up a kid after munching on Ms. jac's world famous BBQ'd ribs smothered in cholesteral and chilly sauce.

05-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #8705
Pentaxian

I am in the middle of reading "The Fat Surprise" which just came available on Amazon. So far it is quite an eye opening read. Turns out that bacon is really healthy for you. The Massai men believe that vegetables and fruits are good only for animal feed.

And it would appear that this thread may finally have run its course. It has been over 24 hours since the last post. It was a great one while it lasted but it appears that the Hocir has finally corrupted everyone.

Its either that or you can only say so many things about cheese and bacon.
05-23-2014, 03:04 AM   #8706
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
I am in the middle of reading "The Fat Surprise" which just came available on Amazon. So far it is quite an eye opening read. Turns out that bacon is really healthy for you. The Massai men believe that vegetables and fruits are good only for animal feed.

And it would appear that this thread may finally have run its course. It has been over 24 hours since the last post. It was a great one while it lasted but it appears that the Hocir has finally corrupted everyone.

We are good honest people. You suggest we are corrupt?
05-23-2014, 04:40 AM   #8707
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's spring. When a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of how to sneak new gear past the watchful eye of the ever vigilant distaff side. This takes full concentration with no distractions. Well, maybe shrimp on the barbie but ...

05-23-2014, 04:49 AM   #8708
Pentaxian

... And it would appear that this thread may finally have run its course. It has been over 24 hours since the last post. It was a great one while it lasted but it appears that the Hocir has finally corrupted everyone.

Never say "jamais" ... eh, "never" (hociR). No wait, I'm confused ... Whatever and besides, FRENCH CHEESE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD ... and so is our "Poitrine de porc demi-sel" !!!

05-23-2014, 05:25 AM   #8709
Veteran Member

I'm still reading but posting little as I am drowning in rental clean up and repair project. The only photography is documenting the damages in case I am lucky enough to locate the former tenants.
05-23-2014, 05:29 AM   #8710
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
No posts for over eight hours. Hmmm.
So far this thread has followed the standard for threads. They go along, charging like a freight train bound for some undisclosed destination, then, when they encounter a grade, slow, sometimes almost to a crawl, only to reach the summit, then gather speed until the next grade, and the process repeats.

Don't give up, we are almost there.

Too much bacon, cheese, beer and pets while visions of HociR's swirl.
Blasphemy!

Never can there be too much bacon, cheese, beer and pets. Especially beer. Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

And only some have that "visions of hociR's swirling" thing going on in their heads. The rest have either given in, of resigned themselves to the fact that the livE hociR shall never grace their doorstep after the Brown Truck visits their humble abode.

Watched "The Gathering Storm" the other night, Sir Winston and the lesser guys. Always loved his line, in a fit of depression, while watching his pigs munch on apples.
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to you. Cats look down on you. Pigs treat you as equals"
Nice. I like that.

And when you think about it, many of us have much in common with pigs.

"Nuff said there.

Gotta head out in another snowstorm to pick up a kid after munching on Ms. jac's world famous BBQ'd ribs smothered in cholesteral and chilly sauce.
I'm envious. BBQ ribs are among my most favorite of foods.

Next to bacon, beer and cheese of course!

I am in the middle of reading "The Fat Surprise" which just came available on Amazon. So far it is quite an eye opening read. Turns out that bacon is really healthy for you.
Like beer, bacon is one of those foods that has a certain, "je ne sais quoi" about it.

The Massai men believe that vegetables and fruits are good only for animal feed.
That's right. Nothing but Rabbit Food.

Au contraire, mon frere.

I can honestly say that the livE hociR shall never grace my camera kit.

And this thread shall live on in infamy, and even wind up in the Guinness Book.

Mark my words!

One can never say too many things about Nature's perfect foods.

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
We are good honest people.
That's right!

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
You suggest we are corrupt?
How dare he!

It's spring. When a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of how to sneak new gear past the watchful eye of the ever vigilant distaff side. This takes full concentration with no distractions. Well, maybe shrimp on the barbie but ...
Yes, Jac, it is an art that men have developed over centuries. It began, I think, back when Og tried to sneak stuff into the cave without raising suspicion from his lovely mate, who was there in the dampness by the fire, searing the hair off of the latest kill that Og had brought in form the hunt.

He was likely caught a few times, until he learned the fine art of subterfuge and deception. The technique was honed and perfected over the years, but even today some men still cannot grasp the finer details of the art of sneaking the latest stuff into the cave, er, I mean home.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Never say "jamais" ... eh, "never" (hociR). No wait, I'm confused ... Whatever and besides, FRENCH CHEESE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD ... and so is our "Poitrine de porc demi-sel" !!!

Oh Jean!

I am so envious! The French have so many great things, and now you have shown us another. I simply must get on a plane and come to France so I may enjoy the finest of the French culinary delights.
05-23-2014, 07:20 AM   #8711
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The Massai men believe that vegetables and fruits are good only for animal feed.
The Masai men prefer a blood/milk mixture. To each his own!

Steve

---------- Post added 05-23-14 at 07:22 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
so is our "Poitrine de porc demi-sel" !!!
That is a mighty fancy way of saying bacon, I'd say!

Steve

---------- Post added 05-23-14 at 07:27 AM ----------

The livE hociR has corrupted many of us. With me it started at the tender age of 15 when a Singlex TLS was delivered to my doorstep. How was I to know? Later the error was compounded with the addition of an XR7. More recently a second XR7 and XR-2s were added to the shelf. Purchase of the K-3 was just one more step down the slippery slope. Mon Dieu! What have I done!

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-23-2014 at 07:28 AM.
05-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #8712
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is my considered opinion that the OP needs to return and append to the Original Thread Title the words,"Unitl Later."
05-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #8713
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It is my considered opinion that the OP needs to return and append to the Original Thread Title the words,"Unitl Later."
Dire things are promised if we disparage the intent of the OP. The hociR will be angry.

Steve
05-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #8714
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Dire things are promised if we disparage the intent of the OP. The hociR will be angry.

Steve
Oh dear. TokyoIsDoomed...........DOOMED™
05-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #8715
Pentaxian

Alive! Its alive, its alive!

---------- Post added 05-23-2014 at 08:37 PM ----------

Its good to know that you have all pulled yourselves off the floor and back on the stools. Now belly up so we can have another round!