Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
More hociR FB ... a nice one here ...
I like it!

{one more reason to avoid the K-3}

06-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #8882
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

...more than 24hrs with no activity...the hociR is slowly winning...

Steve
06-10-2014, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #8883
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I bought 2.....

....... burritos. They were good.
06-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #8884

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I absolutely HATE having Ricoh on the back, when every camera under Hoya/Pentax put their name on the required electrical device tag on the bottom of the camera.

I will be taping/painting over the Ricoh on the back.
I will not tell people it's a "Ricoh".
I will not offer any good will towards "Ricoh" when people ask me about the camera.

What Ricoh is doing is acknowledging two things.

1) They need the ego/brand boost that Pentax gives them
2) They realize that Ricoh as a camera brand is even less known than Pentax and they are trying desperately to leverage some "shine" from what will be a VERY popular camera.

To be fair, I don't blame them in the case of the K3. It's going to be a wildly successful camera, and will put to the death other things/ideas that were Ricoh.

When the K3 becomes increasingly popular, the Pentax engineers who managed to survive into Ricoh, will be exonerated and vindicated.

Sure, it makes Ricoh look like idiots to the Pentax faithful, but if we get more "Pentaxes" with a little Ricoh on the back, I think I can deal with it, and do what I am going to do to my K3 when it gets here.

I hope Ricoh makes an APS-C mirrorless K mount camera, and puts "Ricoh" on the front, so they can leave "Pentax" to serious cameras.

We'll see how this plays out.

Ultimately, the K3 will only strengthen the "Pentax" brand, and will become too popular to EVER do away with.

You can't keep a good "Pentax" down, and we Pentaxians will know better.

Hmm so if the Ks are kicked out - where would that leave the likes of me in that particular Q

Q7 user - PENTAX/Ricoh

06-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #8885
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Charlie McConnochie Quote
Hmm so if the Ks are kicked out - where would that leave the likes of me in that particular Q

Q7 user - PENTAX/Ricoh
In good company, to be sure!
06-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #8886
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Charlie McConnochie Quote

Q7 user - PENTAX/Ricoh
Oh, and welcome to the clubhouse!
06-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #8887
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I bought 2.....

....... burritos. They were good.

I find one burrito makes me so full I could not face a second, at the same meal.

Last time I had one was just down the street from USC - the big long road parallel to the freeway. There was a burrito shop opposite the place with a DC8 out the front and another the other side of the university in a block of shops with a pharmacy that seemed to have its main line of business in selling vodka - was that because it looks like water so students could carry it in their water bottles and no-one would know till it was drunk?

06-11-2014, 03:32 AM   #8888
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I find one burrito makes me so full I could not face a second, at the same meal.
Well, there are burritos and then there are burritos... depends entirely where you get them. I'm not much of a fan of "Mexican" food (or what passes for it) generally, but there's a "taco" shop near where I get my car serviced and the burritos there are quite huge, easily two or three times the size of the ones at the fast food joints.

BTW, I had a bacon sammich the other night. Kept the livE hociR at bay for the time being.
06-11-2014, 06:28 AM   #8889
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I should know better than to look in here first thing in the morning. Now I am craving a bacon, egg, & cheese burrito... I have everything but the tortillas. The hociR must have raided my kitchen.
06-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #8890
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Well, there are burritos and then there are burritos... depends entirely where you get them. I'm not much of a fan of "Mexican" food (or what passes for it) generally, but there's a "taco" shop near where I get my car serviced and the burritos there are quite huge, easily two or three times the size of the ones at the fast food joints.

BTW, I had a bacon sammich the other night. Kept the livE hociR at bay for the time being.
Burrito carts are incredibly common in my part of the world and the standard fare weighs about 1.5 pounds. Mucho gordo burrito!

Steve
06-11-2014, 08:26 AM   #8891
Site Supporter

I'll be down in central Mexico next week, so maybe I'll have a burrito.
06-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #8892
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There was a burrito shop opposite the place with a DC8 out the front and another the other side of the university in a block of shops with a pharmacy that seemed to have its main line of business in selling vodka - was that because it looks like water so students could carry it in their water bottles and no-one would know till it was drunk?
Uhmmmm - is there a Middle School nearby? In my part of the world that's at the 8th Grade level.
06-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #8893

that sneaky hociR: https://www.facebook.com/RicohImagingUK/posts/847236525306393
06-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #8894
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Uhmmmm - is there a Middle School nearby? In my part of the world that's at the 8th Grade level.

I don't know about schools. It was less than 1/4 mile from USC. You bring to mind a story I heard from a teaching in a rough part of town here some years ago - a boy went to school and before school began displayed dramatic evidence of his breakfast having been a half bottle of brandy.
06-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #8895
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't know about schools. It was less than 1/4 mile from USC. You bring to mind a story I heard from a teaching in a rough part of town here some years ago - a boy went to school and before school began displayed dramatic evidence of his breakfast having been a half bottle of brandy.
I think it's pretty much everywhere. I went to upper-middle-class schools and forty years ago we (not necessarily me) did that (mixed, in cola cans). My children went public in a mixed-race mixed-income fairly socially conservative suburb and students did the water bottle in the backpack deal in High School. The local weekly newsrag just ran an article about a 6th-Grader caught with a half-pint of rum and expanded to include rampant on-campus drinking at both middle schools.

And we're not exceptional.