Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
06-16-2014, 04:56 AM   #8941
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Try and keep up, Parallax!
We have moved on: we are now discussing why one needs multiple lenses of the same/similar focal lengths.

Yes, and that's most disturbing. If this thread starts drifting to actual photography related discussion it might just as well be closed.

06-16-2014, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #8942
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yes, and that's most disturbing. If this thread starts drifting to actual photography related discussion it might just as well be closed.
Photography? Who ever said anything about attaching a 105 to a camera?

And I'd rather have a 4-4-2 than a 44-2 (though I could make another reference to 44's using 2, but I won't. PF is a safe place.)
06-16-2014, 08:47 AM   #8943
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hello everybody!!! I'm back!!! I spent a month doing graduation stuff, but now back to what is really important in life: LBA, bacon, cheese, cars, trucks, and gardening!!!
Anyone miss me??
How many caved and bought a K-3??
06-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #8944
Pentaxian

Nothing "photography" related in my last snap ... just lots of paperweights without hociR markings.

If one could see how cheap/bad a tineZ is made, then you begin to wonder how they could construct an ICBM that would work ... . I have been to Russia (Moscow and Suzdal in the late 90's) ... it's (was) a third world country.

Ooops ... "politics", désolé, désolé, désolé ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 06-16-2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: typoo, Commrade
06-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #8945
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Who needs a hocIR K3 girl-group dSRL when you can have multiple commie tineZ and soileH combos
Zenit! The manly alternative!

Steve
06-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #8946
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Zenit! The manly alternative!
Since I have one (yes, just one) I suppose I can agree. The thing will give you a hernia should you try to lift it, though.

But I think I saw somebody say "just don't drink the water" - in Mexico, that is - exactly how manly is that?! I mean, I've drunk the water in Malawi. Almost the most stupid thing I've ever done, but I was man enough to do it.

(The most stupid thing I've done, btw, was to drink the water in Ethiopia. Interesting parasites. Still suffer from the aftereffects more than 10 years later. And for the record, I wasn't aware that it was unsafe water until it was too late.)
06-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #8947
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I mean, I've drunk the water in Malawi. Almost the most stupid thing I've ever done, but I was man enough to do it.

Did you first say "Here, hold m' beer and watch this!"?

06-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #8948
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Did you first say "Here, hold m' beer and watch this!"?
Now, wouldn't that have been manly! Stupid, but manly.

Well, maybe just stupid. It's not always easy to see the difference.
06-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #8949
Pentaxian

Since I have one (yes, just one) I suppose I can agree. The thing will give you a hernia should you try to lift it, though.

But I think I saw somebody say "just don't drink the water" - in Mexico, that is - exactly how manly is that?! I mean, I've drunk the water in Malawi. Almost the most stupid thing I've ever done, but I was man enough to do it.

(The most stupid thing I've done, btw, was to drink the water in Ethiopia. Interesting parasites. Still suffer from the aftereffects more than 10 years later. And for the record, I wasn't aware that it was unsafe water until it was too late.)
Yikes, savoche ... Really sorry to hear about that one. Merde!
06-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #8950
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
They say if you swallow a tape worm, you can go anywhere and eat and drink anything without getting sick. interesting idea but I am not going to test it!! probably another trick to get you to buy a K-3!
06-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #8951
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For decades I carried a small brown bottle of 'Polar Pure' crystal iodide water purifier and disinfectant in my luggage and camping equipment to disinfect the water I drink - that was, until 2011.

Apparently iodine was ruled a controlled substance by the DEA and DOJ since it CAN be used in the manufacture of metamphetamine. Polar Pure, after 88 years as a harmless - actually helpful - product suddenly was a threat to national security. No more Polar Pure.

See here
06-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #8952
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yikes, savoche ... Really sorry to hear about that one. Merde!
Spot on!

No worries, though. Quite normal for these things to take time, and not that much of a bother any more.
06-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #8953
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
They say if you swallow a tape worm, you can go anywhere and eat and drink anything without getting sick. interesting idea but I am not going to test it!! probably another trick to get you to buy a K-3!
I'll bet it works with a K-3, too...
06-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #8954
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
What would the tape worm eat on a K3 (girlyband) ...

the hociR,
the Pentax,
the K-3,
other,
none of the above,
all of the above ... ?!
06-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #8955
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
For decades I carried a small brown bottle of 'Polar Pure' crystal iodide water purifier and disinfectant in my luggage and camping equipment to disinfect the water I drink - that was, until 2011.

Apparently iodine was ruled a controlled substance by the DEA and DOJ since it CAN be used in the manufacture of metamphetamine. Polar Pure, after 88 years as a harmless - actually helpful - product suddenly was a threat to national security. No more Polar Pure.
Yup, if it works it'd better be banned. Good thing they didn't decide it could be used for making explosives. Could've gotten you into a real mess at the airport!

I go nowhere without water purifiers, btw. Iodine tincture back in the days, and some silver magic concoction these days. Doesn't taste quite as bad.