Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
06-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #8956
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The water in Moscow was fine when I was there ... no problems. The real horror was a public bathroom. Remember being at the Puskin Museum and saw the most beautiful Van Gogh of all IMHO, the "Red Vineyard".

Few minutes later and two flights of stairs below were the public bathrooms ... one of the rankest and most foul that I have seen (aside from the one at a bus station stop when going to see Suzdal). What a "contrast" that was ...

A hociR K3 would have had a mirror flopping melt down ... J

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 06-16-2014 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Colour correction
06-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #8957
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
The water in Moscow was fine when I was there ... no problems. The real horror was a public bathroom. Remember being at the Puskin Museum and saw the most beautiful Van Gogh of all IMHO, the "Red Vineyard".

Few minutes later and two flights of stairs below were the public bathrooms ... one of the rankest and most foul that I have seen (aside from the one at a bus station stop when going to see Suzdal). What a "contrast" that was ...

A K3 would have had a mirror flopping melt down ... J
Russians must need more lutefisk in the diet.
06-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #8958
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
DEA and DOJ
Dumb and dumber the next generation?? Yep Iowa is just as brilliant! they restricted much of what goes into meth. Now meth is imported from south of the border, with an increase in price and no drop in usage!! But if you accidently try to purchase one too many boxes of Sudafed, they will throw the book at you!!!
06-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #8959
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Russians must need more lutefisk in the diet.
...or less?

Edit: Of course less. Who wouldn't!

06-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #8960
Veteran Member

Lutefisk must be related to truckstop burgers! Always needing an exit strategy!!
06-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #8961
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Lutefisk must be related to truckstop burgers! Always needing an exit strategy!!
It most definitely has an exit strategy! Much like the drinking water in Ethiopia.
06-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #8962
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well they aren't White Castle, anyway. Cheese, sure - but no bacon.

I've always wondered why Truckstop burgers have this effect. I'd have thought they would want to promote a roadblock so the trucker could keep on truckin'.

I guess they want the trucker to make an emergency stop at the next Truckstop down the road.

And the Bypass must be H E double hockey sticks.

06-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #8963
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Now, wouldn't that have been manly! Stupid, but manly.

Well, maybe just stupid. It's not always easy to see the difference.
You heard it here first, boys 'n girls.

Blame the livE hociR...
06-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #8964
Veteran Member

I'm fairly new to this forum, but not new to Pentax. I have been using Pentax for 40+ years. My first Pentax was a Honeywell Pentax. It did not bother me that Honeywell's name was on the front of the Camera. And knowing Ricoh's long history with Pentax, it doesn't bother me that Ricoh's name is on the back of my new K-3. I suggest if it bothers you that much, don't buy one, or at least take a felt tip pen and go over the Ricoh name. But it might void the warranty. I do not see anything wrong with Ricoh buying Pentax. In fact if Ricoh Did not acquire Pentax, it probably would not exist in a couple of years. Ricoh has produced one of the best Pentax cameras ever. And in some people's opinion better than Nikon or Canon. But that is still up for debate. It is certainly one of the best cameras that I have ever owned. You've got to give Rico credit, to take a company that would probably be left to die and bring it up to a level somewhat equal to Nikon or Canon, Is a big achievement. I've seen great improvements in their cameras and lenses. Let's hope they can keep the momentum going.

Cameras: SP 1000, SP I I, ME super, ZX50, MZ5n, K100D, K3.
lenses: too many to list.

Stay safe and have fun.
Joe.
06-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #8965
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How many caved and bought a K-3??
A couple did. They were sent off to the Betty Ford clinic for treatment and counseling. You did miss a brief discussion on cab-overs but the Dom got involved which scared everyone off.

---------- Post added 06-16-14 at 06:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by promacjoe Quote

Stay safe and have fun.
Welcome. Please read posts 2 through 8,963 for clarification on lutefisk, igunaq, casseine and the threat of the Hocir. Raise your right hand upon completion - there will be a test.
06-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #8966
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by promacjoe Quote
K100D,
Hot Dog!! A fellow K100D owner!!! That one is a TRUE Pentax camera!!! No livE hociR anywhere to be found!

Welcome to the absolute best thread in the forum! Read thru the posts and you will see!
06-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #8967
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

the hociR,
the Pentax,
the K-3,
other,
none of the above,
all of the above ... ?!
Lyrics? Obviously a trick of the hociR!

Steve

---------- Post added 06-16-14 at 03:55 PM ----------

A K3 would have had a mirror flopping melt down ... J
I thought that was an example photo on the new "K-3 Color Rendering Flaw. Correctable by firmware?" thread.

Steve
06-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #8968
Pentaxian

Hot Dog!! A fellow K100D owner!!! That one is a TRUE Pentax camera!!! No livE hociR anywhere to be found!

Welcome to the absolute best thread in the forum! Read thru the posts and you will see!
Yes, indeed WELCOME ! Some good gear:

- a SP II; check, got one, too ... so, +1
- a ME Super, check ... +1
- a K100D ... OK, check, but I have the more manly version, without that sissy "SR" stuff +1/2

But we need to talk about that hociR K3 after you have read all posts ... "Gaffer's tape Will Robinson, gaffer's tape !"

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 06-16-2014 at 11:01 PM.
06-17-2014, 12:06 AM   #8969
Veteran Member

Count me in. Although, I did use the K100D to take a picture of the K-3. It now has a faint but distinct hociR smell.
06-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #8970
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll take the one with the headband.

Or the rainbow T-shirt.