Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
07-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #9331
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Never understood why the K100D had iso of 3200 and K10D only had 1600. Any Ideas?? Or is this too on topic and I'm doomed?!?

K100DS ISO3200 was some kind of 'over-clocked' sensitivity and the noise was appalling. Better not do that again!

07-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #9332
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
K100DS ISO3200 was some kind of 'over-clocked' sensitivity and the noise was appalling. Better not do that again!
Oh, much like the K-3, then?! I mean, it's much noisier than a 645Z! Shocking, I say, absolutely shocking!

Good reason for not getting (another) one.
07-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #9333
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
It's a 10D. State of the art at the time. Long ago in the mists of time.
Yep, K10D! It was a game changer at the time and Pentax had trouble keeping up with demand. My local brick and mortar camera stores could not keep them in stock. They told me at least six weeks, so I had to buy mail-order. BTW...the K10D stayed at or near full price for a looonnnggg time.

Steve

---------- Post added 07-10-14 at 02:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The other possibility is that it was the earliest implementation of the plot to overthrow Tokyo.
It is nice to see an on-topic post.

Steve

---------- Post added 07-10-14 at 02:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Shocking, I say, absolutely shocking!
Don't do that! I hate being shocked! That is one reason why I am avoiding Facebook. All my friends want me to see things that will shock me.

Steve
07-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #9334
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Don't do that! I hate being shocked! That is one reason why I am avoiding Facebook. All my friends want me to see things that will shock me.
If that ain't shocking then nothing is!

07-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #9335
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yep, K10D! It was a game changer at the time and Pentax had trouble keeping up with demand. My local brick and mortar camera stores could not keep them in stock. They told me at least six weeks, so I had to buy mail-order. BTW...the K10D stayed at or near full price for a looonnnggg time.

Steve

---------- Post added 07-10-14 at 02:11 PM ----------

It is nice to see an on-topic post.

Steve

---------- Post added 07-10-14 at 02:13 PM ----------

Steve
But when the off-topicness of posts becomes the biggest topic (ok, perhaps Tokyo's fate is slightly higher, but gotta at least make the top 5), doesn't being on-topic mean that you're off-topic? So that nothing is on-topic? Which makes everything off-topic? Which makes it on-topic again? So, when does Tokyo get crushed by a giant slab of cheese-wrapped bacon-flavored lutefisk falling from the sky?

(my head hurts, can't get a K3 when that happens...)

Jim
07-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #9336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe a Stein could crush the Godzilla and save Tokyo?
07-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #9337
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
But when the off-topicness of posts becomes the biggest topic (ok, perhaps Tokyo's fate is slightly higher, but gotta at least make the top 5), doesn't being on-topic mean that you're off-topic? So that nothing is on-topic? Which makes everything off-topic? Which makes it on-topic again? So, when does Tokyo get crushed by a giant slab of cheese-wrapped bacon-flavored lutefisk falling from the sky?

(my head hurts, can't get a K3 when that happens...)

Jim
When exceptions are the norm, is normal exceptional? If so, that's why I won't buy a K-3

07-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #9338
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote

Jim
Type that in triplicate and resubmit in 90 days for further disapproval.
07-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #9339
Veteran Member

So how many of you actually bought one then?
07-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #9340
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
So how many of you actually bought one then?
That is something we don't talk about. Denial is a huge factor in the survival of this thread...that and the fear of the hociR.

Steve
07-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #9341
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Maybe a Stein could crush the Godzilla and save Tokyo?
Germany crushing brasil - YouTube
Excellent ! Replay FIVE times in only 29 minutes ... and yes, but a really BIG Stein to save Tokyo.

Next video will be some Red Devil hoof crushing another foo-foo drink ... plus then a Lecia/Leitz smashing a mirror-less ...
07-11-2014, 04:59 AM   #9342
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Excellent ! Replay FIVE times in only 29 minutes ... and yes, but a really BIG Stein to save Tokyo.

Next video will be some Red Devil hoof crushing another foo-foo drink ... plus then a Lecia/Leitz smashing a mirror-less ...
Good, no 7 years of bad luck!

Which means it would be bad luck to break a K-3. Safer not to get one!
07-11-2014, 05:00 AM   #9343
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
When exceptions are the norm, is normal exceptional? If so, that's why I won't buy a K-3
Hey, leave me out of this.....

QuoteQuote:
But we have to be inclusive... and if we were to get bacon ( back on... ) topic, so many who have bought K-3s would be excluded from the conversation. As forum we generally try to be inclusive, and embrace each other's insanity.

Which is why I won't buy (another) K-3.
07-11-2014, 05:04 AM   #9344
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
What if Norm is the exception from the norm - would he then be exceptional?

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Hey, leave me out of this.....
Oh, right...
07-11-2014, 08:18 AM   #9345
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I need bacon or I may be tempted by the siren song of hociR.