Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
07-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #9346
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I need bacon or I may be tempted by the siren song of hociR.
Oh no, not another one? Plug your ears with bacon! That should divert your attention somewhat!

But that song is so sweet...

07-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #9347
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bacon fat injection right now, or you WILL be doomed.
07-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #9348
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
But we have to be inclusive... and if we were to get bacon ( back on... ) topic, so many who have bought K-3s would be excluded from the conversation. As forum we generally try to be inclusive, and embrace each other's insanity.
Bacon in a cinnamon roll, with cream cheese icing.

Insanity?

Maybe.

Siren song?

Perhaps.

Tasty?

You bet!

Enough to keep the hociR at bay?

Well for today, to be sure.
07-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #9349
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Bacon in a cinnamon roll, with cream cheese icing.
Yeah, a real heart stopper if I ever saw one. Enough of those and you'll be safe from the hociR permanently!

07-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #9350
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yeah, a real heart stopper if I ever saw one. Enough of those and you'll be safe from the hociR permanently!
Ah, but what a way to go… Shuffling off this mortal coil, due to a very tasty little coil of heart-stopping power!
07-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #9351
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Well I whipped out a batch this morning, for Mrs. Racer and I. They were a great accompaniment to our Saturday morning coffee. I shot a couple of photos with my K5IIs. When I get some time I will post them here.

If my arteries don't get jammed up first.
07-12-2014, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #9352
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well I whipped out a batch this morning, for Mrs. Racer and I. They were a great accompaniment to our Saturday morning coffee. ..............

If my arteries don't get jammed up first.
So - I come here for vicarious bacon.

Mine was - Greek Yogurt, Oatmeal Squares with skim milk, apple slices and melon.

My stent thanks me.

07-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #9353
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
skim milk,
Yech!
07-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #9354
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yech!
"Ditto!!!" - Blazing Saddles
07-12-2014, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #9355
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Time for a Refresher

Occasionally (and inexplicably) we have someone post in this thread without reading each and every post first. I know, I know, shocking but true. I posted this some time back, but I think it's time for a reminder of what we're all about here.

Thirteen score and 15 days ago, a member brought forth upon this forum a new thread; conceived in disgruntlement and dedicated to the proposition that no camera should bear the name Ricoh.
Now we are engaged in a great mockery, testing whether that thread, or any thread so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
We are met in a great thread of that mockery. We have come to dedicate a portion of this thread (well, just post #1), as a final resting place for those who here gave their opinion that Pentax shot itself in the foot. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this thread. The brave men and women, living and dead, who opined here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the loyal Pentaxians, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored Pentaxians we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these loyal members shall not have posted in vain -- that this forum, under Adam, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that forum of the Pentaxians, by the Pentaxians, for the Pentaxians, shall not perish from the internet.

(Sincere apologies to Abraham Lincoln)
07-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #9356
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

We have come to dedicate a portion of this thread (well, just post #1), as a final resting place for those who here gave their opinion that Pentax shot itself in the foot.
Amen...and let us not forget the future sufferings of Tokyo and that of those who have heard the hociR's siren call.

That is a wonderful thing to post on this "World Pentax Day".

Steve
07-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #9357
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
So - I come here for vicarious bacon.

Mine was - Greek Yogurt, Oatmeal Squares with skim milk, apple slices and melon.

My stent thanks me.
We had some yogurt too, just not the Greek kind.

It offsets the cholesterol laden bacon. Life is all about balance.
07-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #9358
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Occasionally (and inexplicably) we have someone post in this thread without reading each and every post first. I know, I know, shocking but true. I posted this some time back, but I think it's time for a reminder of what we're all about here.

Thirteen score and 15 days ago, a member brought forth upon this forum a new thread; conceived in disgruntlement and dedicated to the proposition that no camera should bear the name Ricoh.
Now we are engaged in a great mockery, testing whether that thread, or any thread so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
We are met in a great thread of that mockery. We have come to dedicate a portion of this thread (well, just post #1), as a final resting place for those who here gave their opinion that Pentax shot itself in the foot. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this thread. The brave men and women, living and dead, who opined here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the loyal Pentaxians, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored Pentaxians we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these loyal members shall not have posted in vain -- that this forum, under Adam, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that forum of the Pentaxians, by the Pentaxians, for the Pentaxians, shall not perish from the internet.

(Sincere apologies to Abraham Lincoln)
Very nice Jim!
07-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #9359
Pentaxian

Very nice Jim!
"Ditto!!!"
07-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #9360
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter