Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
It's Friday the 13th;
You must be using a French calendar.

Today is August 29, 2014.

And it is Racer's birthday.

So why didn't anyone wish me a happy birthday?

And where the Hell is my cake?

I already have a clown.

08-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #10022
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by racer x 69 Quote
and it is racer's birthday.
Happy Birthday!!
Totally cool zombie clown!
08-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #10023
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

Today is August 29, 2014.

And it is Racer's birthday.

So why didn't anyone wish me a happy birthday?

And where the Hell is my cake?

I already have a clown.
Mine too! And I had 55 people on FB wish my a happy birthday, but no one IRL.

Sucked for me today too. I got confirmation that I have celiac disease and that i have to have surgery to repair the hernia surgery I had in 2005. The mesh has somehow come away from where it is supposed to be.
08-29-2014, 09:02 PM - 1 Like   #10024
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Did anyone notice the cheesehead back about 10006 that actually supported the OP?

08-29-2014, 09:32 PM - 1 Like   #10025
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Happy birthday Racer & Voice.
(Although it is actually 30th August on this side of the world. - Some missed the #10000, you two virtually missed your birthdays!)
08-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #10026
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Sucked for me today too. I got confirmation that I have celiac disease and that i have to have surgery to repair the hernia surgery I had in 2005. The mesh has somehow come away from where it is supposed to be.
That news does suck.

I hope they are able to keep the celiac under control.

Steve
08-29-2014, 10:35 PM - 1 Like   #10027

happy birthday, Racer/Voice!

08-30-2014, 04:51 AM - 1 Like   #10028
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Hmpf, why does the hociR release new cameras all the time? After the K-S1 was announced all the whiners have broken out of the rumours section and are now polluting the entire forum.

This is a much nicer place when the flagellants mostly stay in their cordoned-off sub-forum waiting in vain for their wild delusions to materialise. Sure, I can still hear the whipping and the wailing from time to time, but now...
08-30-2014, 04:55 AM - 1 Like   #10029
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually in France the month of august does not exist, no body works in august
08-30-2014, 07:10 AM   #10030
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Did anyone notice the cheesehead back about 10006 that actually supported the OP?
Yep. I think he forgot to read what this topic is about, or maybe he was possessed by the Spirit of Hocir and Basement Cat!

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Happy birthday Racer & Voice.
(Although it is actually 30th August on this side of the world. - Some missed the #10000, you two virtually missed your birthdays!)
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That news does suck.

I hope they are able to keep the celiac under control.

Steve
Should be able to. It is pretty much a diet and making sure to read the labels thing.

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
happy birthday, Racer/Voice!
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Hmpf, why does the hociR release new cameras all the time? After the K-S1 was announced all the whiners have broken out of the rumours section and are now polluting the entire forum.

This is a much nicer place when the flagellants mostly stay in their cordoned-off sub-forum waiting in vain for their wild delusions to materialise. Sure, I can still hear the whipping and the wailing from time to time, but now...
Just wait and see what will happen with the next announcements! I'm beginning to think some photographers forgot why they bought a camera and lenses in the first place.
08-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #10031
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
You guys (and gals) are just insanely jealous ... it's a national time warp thingy.

And happy belated "bon anniversaire" to Racer & V.O.R. ... hope that you're better soon, V.O.R.

---------- Post added 08-30-14 at 17:09 ----------

I try to stay out of that neighborhood and keep to my own lil' corner of paradise.

---------- Post added 08-30-14 at 17:14 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Ouch ... must have "sped red" the previous 10,005 posts. Blame Evelyn Wood as usual ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 08-30-2014 at 08:14 AM.
08-30-2014, 08:24 AM   #10032
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Jeez - you'd think the K-3 would be enough to satisfy just about anyone's lust for negativity. The evil hociR had a wicked sense of humor though. After the KF-U2 maybe they'll do a KS-MA. Then a Q-SnRT

The Film SLR Forum and this thread are just about the only safe places on PF right about now.
08-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #10033
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
You guys (and gals) are just insanely jealous ... it's a national time warp thingy.

And happy belated "bon anniversaire" to Racer & V.O.R. ... hope that you're better soon, V.O.R.

Thanks, and yes, we are jealous!
08-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #10034
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Ah, maybe that's where the Ethiopians got their extra month from? The month of ጳጐሜን ain't more than 5 days, but it is still a month!

The Ethiopians enjoy being a bit eccentric even more than the French do, I think. Today is the 25th day of ነሐሴ 2006. Their clock is 6 hours offset from "European time", and they enjoy their own alphabet (which isn't truly an alphabet but rather an alphasyllabary ).

And that should be plenty of reason not to buy a ሆሲረ K-3!

(I have borrowed from the Ge'ez script here - not really used any more outside of the churches. In Amharic the hociR would be written as the ሖሲረ, I think, rather than the Ge'ez "ሆሲረ" mentioned above.)

P.S. My apologies to all users of said scripts. My knowledge of this is rather slim - I did start reading "Amharic for foreign beginners" once, but didn't get through it all...
08-30-2014, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #10035
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We don't buy cameras because they match our outfits.

We buy them because they make great photos!

Right?

WE don't, but fashionable ladies in Japan and China who drop a mint on matching shoes and handbags might. (If that's sexist and racist, my apologies - can I try for a hat trick by bringing age or class into it?)

Pentax already has a camera for US. (I speak, of course, of the K-5IIs, as no one in their right mind would buy a K-3. )
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »