Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
09-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #10096
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
don't buy a K3, it's very stressful.

it reacts to shadows very differently than my K5iis. It's unforgiving of poor lenses. It shows you every flaw you have a photographer.
it punishes you for poor technique in action photos. the noise that's not really noise, drive you nuts when pixel peeping.
you quickly realize your monitor is not enough pixels. you quickly realize your computer is too slow and your HD too small.

don't buy a K3, it's all so very stressful.
Welcome to the way of the hociR!!!

Steve

09-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #10097
Pentaxian

"I'd love to wear a rainbow everyday" ... but that would kill my camera budget for the next decade or more ...
09-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #10098
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
don't buy a K3, it's very stressful.

it reacts to shadows very differently than my K5iis. It's unforgiving of poor lenses. It shows you every flaw you have a photographer.
it punishes you for poor technique in action photos. the noise that's not really noise, drive you nuts when pixel peeping.
you quickly realize your monitor is not enough pixels. you quickly realize your computer is too slow and your HD too small.

don't buy a K3, it's all so very stressful.
Don't forget that all your memory cards suddenly are too small and waaaay too slow!

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Welcome to the way of the hociR!!!

And it didn't even come with a warning.
09-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #10099
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K-S1 appears not to have the Mark. That's why I won't buy a K-3.

09-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #10100
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I'm going to be way too busy putting little tiny crystals on my Oly's to buy a K-3
Show your results(please), my daughter would get a real kick adding bling to her camera!

I got an idea from watching zombie shows. To avoid zombies, you try to smell like zombies. So if you don't want anyone to know you have a K-3, cover it in bacon and the sweet hickory smoked aroma will cover your weakness and make you acceptable to the Pentax co. survivors!
09-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #10101
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
And the FDA allows HH blood donations to be used for transfusions, so there will be plenty for everybody...
Kind of a mixed blessing then.

Sorry to read about your health issue, but great to read that it is going to benefit others as the therapy helps you.
09-02-2014, 05:45 PM   #10102
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Racer, I'm with you on the flip-unsmart-phone.
Mine must be 5 years old now and still going.
When I bought it the salesman (you'd call him a clerk?) was about to show me how to use it's features: I cut him short and explained I wanted to (occasionally) make calls and receive calls!
I'm not into this convergent technology caper - a phone is a phone, a camera is a camera, a computer is a... well perhaps that ruins the theory a little.
We should start a club!

09-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #10103
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
72, avenue des Gobelins, Paris ... an Internet rumor has it that a free K-3 can be won if one can guess the correct number of lenses in the store. Be careful if you visit, one cannot enter the store due to the pile/mountain of gear on the floor ... xpost

Heaven ...
I dunno Jean. It looks like the proprietor is a hoarder.

I suppose they do not have to pay inventory tax there?

And how do they even know what they have, or don't have?

Can you imagine?
09-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #10104

I'd say, they have about tree'fiddy..

[gddamm Loch-Ness monsta!..]
09-02-2014, 09:13 PM   #10105
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I dunno Jean. It looks like the proprietor is a hoarder.

I suppose they do not have to pay inventory tax there?

And how do they even know what they have, or don't have?

Can you imagine?
Inventory tax - that's a new one on me, although there was something crippled the brandy industry and turned the wine industry into short-term production here - a tax paid at production time, before the product is laid up for cellaring, so the government gets the money early.

Reminds me of the late Ming, which introduced paying tax in advance, and everything went pear-shaped when taxes had to be paid about 7 years in advance of earning the income. They got themselves a new dynasty.
09-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #10106
Pentaxian

Seen this one ?! SHOCKER! Aliens Eat Pentax Full Frame Cameras! | New Camera News

And that's why I'm not getting a K-3. Waiting for the "Family Friendly" unicorn DSLR from Pentax ... can you say Photokina ?!
09-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #10107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Show your results(please), my daughter would get a real kick adding bling to her camera
Sure, I will, but it will be a week on those two at least. I'm waiting on a Gariz skin that I mean to use as a template. I can't actually put the crystals on the Olys until I have the skins in place. I kind of want to use something else rather than traditional leatherette but I just could not quite manage to make my own template. I tried but I goofed it up every flipping time. Not my forte apparently making decent camera skin templates. I want to put the skins on nice and tight before I start messing around with tiny Swarovsky crystals.
09-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #10108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Seen this one ?!
Fire up the suicide hotline for the full frame fanatics, there is going to be much wailing and nashing of teeth!!
09-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #10109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Something is coming.
09-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #10110
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Something is coming.
Winter?!

Sorry...