Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
09-16-2014, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #10291
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just made the mistake and clicked on News...
Had to come back here to clear my head.

09-16-2014, 06:03 PM - 1 Like   #10292
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This place and the Film Forum are the only two places of peace and harmony on the planet.
I've tried to tough it out with News and Rumors unblocked, because there actually is some Pentax news lately, but every single thread gets taken over by the "we needs The Precious, filthy Pentaxes won't give us The Precious, they wants It for themselves" crowd in about five minutes. It's gotten where I dread commenting on anything, knowing I'm just going to have to ignore the thread sooner or later.

I won't buy a K-3 because I bought a Q7 during the woot sale Friday night. Hey, it was a long week, I was tired, my resistance was weak...
09-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #10293
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I've tried to tough it out with News and Rumors unblocked, because there actually is some Pentax news lately, but every single thread gets taken over by the "we needs The Precious, filthy Pentaxes won't give us The Precious, they wants It for themselves" crowd in about five minutes. It's gotten where I dread commenting on anything, knowing I'm just going to have to ignore the thread sooner or later.
I blocked FF Forum and I Ignore individual threads since that feature is now possible. I have at times been every bit as obnoxious as those guys - from the other side . I regularly type a Reply, but I Delete almost all of them right away. T hen I come over here for a little peace and quiet.
I won't buy a K-3 because I bought a Q7 during the woot sale Friday night. Hey, it was a long week, I was tired, my resistance was weak...
You will like the Q7. What lenses did you get? What color was on woot - Bacon and Swiss? Beware - it will take control of your life.
09-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #10294
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Post your photo section is also very nice. I spend time there and the market place dreaming of the day I can buy other peoples cast offs. So if the ruckus gets too big, there might be an uptick of gear for sale! Gotta look to the positive!

09-16-2014, 06:26 PM - 1 Like   #10295
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I miss bacon...
09-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #10296
Pentaxian

I blocked FF Forum and I Ignore individual threads since that feature is now possible. I have at times been every bit as obnoxious as those guys - from the other side . I regularly type a Reply, but I Delete almost all of them right away.
But I still get to read them in my mail box...
09-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #10297
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
.... I have at times been every bit as obnoxious as those guys - from the other side . ....
NO! Not true. Sorry to burst your bubble, Paul, but you're nowhere near as obnoxious as some here. You need to try harder.

09-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #10298
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I miss bacon...
Here ya go.

Slater's 50/50. The 'merica.

100% Ground Bacon. And an Egg. And more Bacon. And Bacon Cheddar Cheese. And Bacon Island Dressing.
09-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #10299
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
NO! Not true. Sorry to burst your bubble, Paul, but you're nowhere near as obnoxious as some here. You need to try harder.
Oh dear. I could never measure up to those Eastern Europeans.
09-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #10300
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
But I still get to read them in my mail box...
I tried to Recall but that only works for Unread Mail.
09-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #10301
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I blocked FF Forum and I Ignore individual threads since that feature is now possible. I have at times been every bit as obnoxious as those guys - from the other side . I regularly type a Reply, but I Delete almost all of them right away. T hen I come over here for a little peace and quiet.
I think I actually post about two out of twenty replies - and it usually takes me so long to de-snark whatever I was trying to say, the conversation has moved on and I delete half of those posts. Then, a week after I BORISCLETO!!™ the thread, someone quotes me and drags me back in.

You will like the Q7. What lenses did you get? What color was on woot - Bacon and Swiss? Beware - it will take control of your life.
I resisted the siren Qall of the Q as long as I could. Woot had Silver (sold out), Black, and Yellow, and though I really liked the yellow, I ended up with all-black with a matching black 02. I'll probably get an 01 prime and a K-Q adapter (maybe not the "real" one at first), but I'm going to resist doing more than that - for now. I blame CWRrailman for his HO train shots - that really pushed me over the edge.
09-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #10302
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
ive had my tear ducts surgically removed and my soul desiccated after 3 divorces. there is no weeping here.

Three? Geeze, that's a nice bit of masochism there... :P
09-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #10303
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh dear. I could never measure up to those Eastern Europeans.
I see we're on the same wavelength.
09-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #10304
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll probably get an 01 prime and a K-Q adapter
I can recommend in addition the 06! (It's why I didn't buy a K-3).

Hold off on the converter unless you are a birder. It takes real skill to get it right. DA*300 and the OEM Converter for Christmas?
09-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #10305
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hold off on the converter unless you are a birder. It takes real skill to get it right. DA*300 and the OEM Converter for Christmas?
Yeah, that's why I was thinking knock-off at first, to determine if I really wanted to go there. I'm not really a birder, but I haven't tried to be a birder, either. Just the Q7 and a couple of my M-primes could be fun for zoopix, without having to lug big glass around. I was reading up to see what are the favored lenses for conversion (of course, after today's rumor that there might be a rumor about a rumor, prices doubled on all old glass! )
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »