Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #10306
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I was reading up to see what are the favored lenses for conversion
Larry and barondla and hans have done a really great job assembling the conversion threads. M135/3.5 is a good start.

09-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #10307

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Originally posted by Parallax
QuoteQuote:
NO! Not true. Sorry to burst your bubble, Paul, but you're nowhere near as obnoxious as some here. You need to try harder.
Oh dear. I could never measure up to those Eastern Europeans.
ahh, these pointing fingers

karro, coming from what technically can be/usually is referred to as Eastern Europe, although I favor "Northern Europe" much more
09-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #10308
Veteran Member

Free idea: Camera strap that looks like bacon! Make it, market it, get rich! Just remember me when you are rolling in merry barrels of cash!
09-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #10309

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Free idea: Camera strap that looks like bacon! Make it, market it, get rich! Just remember me when you are rolling in merry barrels of cash!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/65433638/dslr-camera-strap-bacon-strip-camera

09-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #10310
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, that's why I was thinking knock-off at first, to determine if I really wanted to go there. I'm not really a birder, but I haven't tried to be a birder, either. Just the Q7 and a couple of my M-primes could be fun for zoopix, without having to lug big glass around. I was reading up to see what are the favored lenses for conversion (of course, after today's rumor that there might be a rumor about a rumor, prices doubled on all old glass! )

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Larry and barondla and hans have done a really great job assembling the conversion threads. M135/3.5 is a good start.
Will you guys just stop that?! You'll end up getting this thread closed!

Besides, I already have an M135/3.5. And I do not need a Q! I stay out of the Q forums for a reason, ok?

Actually, that place is very confusing. Everybody seems intent on having a good time and enjoy taking pictures instead of Gnashing&Bashing(tm).

Curious lot.

Hmm, I think "peculiar" was the word I was looking for.

Oh, and that's why I bought a K-3
09-17-2014, 03:30 AM   #10311
Veteran Member

Crap! so much for that one!

---------- Post added 09-17-14 at 05:33 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Gnashing&Bashing(tm).
Some people aren't happy unless they are unhappy! They are just spreading the love!
09-17-2014, 04:14 AM   #10312
Pentaxian

Besides, I already have an M135/3.5. And I do not need a Q! I stay out of the Q forums for a reason, ok?

Actually, that place is very confusing. Everybody seems intent on having a good time and enjoy taking pictures instead of Gnashing&Bashing(tm).

Curious lot.

Be careful ... I know many attorneys and am going to register the domain name "BashingAndGnashing.com"

... plus "DoomedIsPentax.com" (a Yoda-speak site)

09-17-2014, 04:54 AM   #10313
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am actually thinking about getting the second K-3, such a great tool!
you are all doomed......................................................................................................................
unless you will consider new fancy K-S1 , very very presentable and head turning gadget , I will definitely get one, my daughter will love it!
09-17-2014, 05:04 AM   #10314
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Curious lot.

I understand your concern about what would happen if someone tried to close The Thread. It might make it angry.

I heard the K-3 has smile recognition to prevent the camera from working if anyone looks like they are having a good time. Because real photography is about Gnashing&Bashing™, not having a good time. (That's why they put the 'R----' logo on the back - to make sure the photographer was always frowning. Those Pentax designers are so clever.)

PS: I've already got an M135/35, too!
09-17-2014, 08:47 AM   #10315
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
PS: I've already got an M135/35, too!
Doesn't practically everybody? Seriously? I think any Pentaxian who has ever even considered MF lenses or stepped into a thrift shop looking for some most likely has some variant on a 135mm. I've got several actually. Pentax, Sears, Vivitar it doesn't matter you can still get those dirt cheap sometimes...
09-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #10316
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Doesn't practically everybody? Seriously? I think any Pentaxian who has ever even considered MF lenses or stepped into a thrift shop looking for some most likely has some variant on a 135mm. I've got several actually. Pentax, Sears, Vivitar it doesn't matter you can still get those dirt cheap sometimes...
Me, too ... many "off brands" 135's ... ever heard of "Ifbagon" in 135 ? Re-badges for France and I have an Ifbagon 35/2.8 that looks exactly like a Tamron, except for the beauty/name ring ...

... and WHY can this re-badging NOT be done for an eviL hociR ... that's why I'm not buying a K-3 (yet).
09-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #10317
Pentaxian

09-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #10318
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The hociR fears this thread more than all others, for here is heard the clarion call of sanity!

Steve
09-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #10319
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, TBH, in 135, I've also got a CZJ Sonnar, a Pentacon "Bokeh Monster", and a Spiratone/Sankor "Bokeh Beast" - not as well known as the Pentacon, but also a preset aperture with a ton of iris blades and similarly nice character. Actually, I might have more than one version of the Spiratone - I was going through a phase.

Oh boy! A full-frame Q! Finally, I can see how soft the corners on my 02 lens (that hasn't arrived yet) really are!
09-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #10320
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

(Oh dear. What have I done. You'll have to add 135 and Q to the Tags).
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »