Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #10396
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wright, left, Wright ... whatever !

Everyone ... stop calling me Shirley !!!

09-19-2014, 02:27 AM   #10397
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Wright, left, Wright ... whatever !

Cheers!

(Yes, that's ginger ale and grenadine.)
09-19-2014, 02:35 AM   #10398
Pentaxian

I wanna be called Roy, if you insist ... not Shirley !

09-19-2014, 04:10 AM   #10399
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Ah, are we touching on Racer's area of expertise now?
Maybe . . . .

English is not really my language, but I'm sure I did learn at some point that two wrongs don't make a right. But that two Wrights made an airplane.
And we cannot leave out the Curtis Wright 3350 Cyclone.

Now that is some serious horsepower.

Oh baby!

09-19-2014, 04:11 AM   #10400
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

OK Shirley.
09-19-2014, 04:18 AM - 1 Like   #10401
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I wanna be called Roy, if you insist ... not Shirley !
OK Shirley.

09-19-2014, 04:42 AM   #10402
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
OK Shirley.
Obviously, this is not working !!!

Call me Ishmael.

09-19-2014, 04:57 AM   #10403

OP, don't care about the back so much. Even if they change the front it would not kill my future purchase. But I prefer Pentax on the front as I've been with Pentax since the 1970's. I can see your point as a pro. If your customers are looking at your gear then you have to keep that in mind.
09-19-2014, 04:58 AM   #10404
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Doesn't tie in, Jean. Moby Dick wasn't a Right Whale.

(But Shirley surely you knew that.)
09-19-2014, 05:20 AM - 1 Like   #10405
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh no, 'nutherone who hasn't read all the posts
09-19-2014, 05:47 AM   #10406
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

...but back on topic: Since I've learnt my English east of the Atlantic my pronunciation of "Shirley" would be distinctly different from "surely". Much in the same way as I would differentiate between "surly" and "sorely".

And since Ishmael gets both surly and sorely upset by being called Shirley we can surely find another name for him?

Hmm... Did the wright write the rite from left to right? (Did I ever mention that the English language is totally messed up?)
09-19-2014, 06:23 AM   #10407
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Whoaa mama - we don't have those here yet. Can you set up a Marketplace FS Thread?
I don't use the Marketplace because no one will buy diddly from me apparently. Waste of my time, lol. But if you are desperate likely Amazon has them by the case... ; )

---------- Post added 09-19-14 at 09:32 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Where's the bling?!?
Those are just stock pics. I still haven't blinged the white K-30 yet. I will as soon as it actually shows up. This K-30 is taking the scenic route apparently, cough. It's supposedly due Saturday. I will take actual pics of both. I have to make a trip to Micheal's actually. I don't have anything that might work with the white one. I need to go and look around and think some about what I actually want to use. I don't want anything that's not removable and I don't want it overkill like on the Oly's. I was thinking about using black or white gems maybe, or maybe black or white half pearls. I do want to bling it little but I also want it pretty subtle like on the red one. I'm not just going to be slapping tons of Swarovski all over it, not the DSLR's. That's strictly for my Olys that treatment.

---------- Post added 09-19-14 at 09:41 AM ----------

Cheers!

(Yes, that's ginger ale and grenadine.)
You folks are demented. Shirley Temples aka Kiddie Cocktails aren't made with GINGER ALE. Not unless the bartender is desperate anyway. They're made with lemon lime soda like Sprite or 7 Up, usually the latter because that's what most bars sell more of, though most do have ginger ale and will use that I guess if you ask. Ginger ale and cherry definitely not a favorite with me though I know some people like it and they do sell it as a soda now. I like my Ginger with Lime and nothing but lime. Not cherry or ick cranberry...

I am a veteran ST drinker though and I've never seen a bartender use anything but 7UP type sodas for ST's. I drank those and coke in bars all the time. Sick and sad, yes, but true. My parents were total barflies. Mom had a serious drinking problem and Dad he wasn't much better though to his credit he finally quit boozing in his late 80's.I grew up in cocktail lounges basically. I don't think I knew what real food was until I learned to cook at 10. It was McDonald's. Chef Boyardee, or bar grub, like little hot dogs in dough, little quiche, sweet and sour meat balls (ick) or chicken wings most nights until I was old enough to stay home and cook for myself. Mom wasn't a bad cook but she cooked once a week max. Dad cooked far more actually. Regardless I didn't starve but I didn't exactly eat healthy much either...

I actually prefer my soda and in particular my ST's with a slice of lime when I can get it. Squeeze the juice in there and you have a decent Cherry Lime Rickey. I still make them at home sometimes. I actually like ST's and CLR's, real Lime Coke too. So do my nieces particularly when I throw in fancy umbrellas and serve them up in Tiki mugs. I don't do real alcohol much, for obvious reasons, and also because it really doesn't agree with me. I have a bad liver due to autoimmune disease, but I can make some seriously fun non-alcoholic drinks and often do...

This is a favorite. The kids love these...

http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/merry-mimosas/5259b4b8-1400-4c02-8047-0b52e3f00d0e

Last edited by magkelly; 09-19-2014 at 06:56 AM.
09-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #10408
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
You folks are demented. Shirley Temples aka Kiddie Cocktails aren't made with GINGER ALE. Not unless the bartender is desperate anyway. They're made with lemon lime soda like Sprite or 7 Up, usually the latter because that's what most bars sell more of, though most do have ginger ale and will use that I guess if you ask. Ginger ale and cherry definitely not a favorite with me though I know some people like it and they do sell it as a soda now. I like my Ginger with Lime and nothing but lime. Not cherry or ick cranberry...
I have never had a Shirley Temple and I never will - I don't like drinks and certainly not sweet drinks - and no doubt you are right in that they are mostly mixed with some 7 Uppy soda. But I think you will have hard time finding a recipe not listing ginger ale as an ingredient. Usually saying something like "you can substitute the ginger ale with...".

I saw it on the Internet so it must be true!

That doesn't necessarily mean I'm not demented, though.
09-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #10409
Pentaxian

I suspect most of us can justifiably be called "demented" in here
09-19-2014, 10:31 AM   #10410
Veteran Member

According to this they did originally use ginger ale. I stand corrected, but honestly I've never had one made sans the 7 UP and I probably had thousands of them over my childhood. My parents probably took me to hundreds of bars and I never got ginger, not once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Temple_%28beverage%29
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »