Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
09-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #10606
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Hey ... "Johnboy" ... that's pretty close there to home. Surely, I am "Jean" and a boy ...

So, stop calling me Shirley !!!
Boy, are you confused. I'm John. And I happen to know 'cause my Mother repeatedly called me that every time she saw me. Of course she was not completely trustworthy. She owned a nokiN.

09-29-2014, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #10607
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Boy, are you confused. I'm John.
That reminds me of a Sven and Ole joke. Ole was Sven's best man at his wedding. At the reception they both got pretty plastered. After a while, Sven went upstairs to find his new bride. Well, he found her; in bed with Ole. He came back downstairs laughing. Somebody asked him what he was laughing about and he said "Oh that Ole! He's so drunk he thinks he's me.
09-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #10608
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you weren't from Little Scandinavia along with your cohorts in N. Dakota and Minnesota, you'd be in grave danger of being beaten senseless with lutefisk. Subject to intervention by Odin, you may have to go into exile with Loki.
09-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #10609
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
beaten senseless with lutefisk
That is something I would pay to see! Especially if it was by the k-3 Girls!!

09-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #10610
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
That is something I would pay to see! Especially if it was by the k-3 Girls!!
Pervert. And I wouldn't mess with Norse gods if I was you!
09-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #10611
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Especially Odin.
09-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #10612
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That reminds me of a Sven and Ole joke. Ole was Sven's best man at his wedding. At the reception they both got pretty plastered. After a while, Sven went upstairs to find his new bride. Well, he found her; in bed with Ole. He came back downstairs laughing. Somebody asked him what he was laughing about and he said "Oh that Ole! He's so drunk he thinks he's me.
True best friends And nobody mess with ODIN... cause Odin keep me away from the k-3.

09-29-2014, 06:13 PM - 1 Like   #10613
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Norwegian jokes are very popular in this part of the country; particularly with those of Norwegian heritage. NOBODY could possibly have any predudice against Norwegians, so no one is ever offended. In the highly unlikely event that someone could be, there is a fallback, though. The Hitites are a people who have been extinct for many thousands of years, so it's virtually impossible that Hitite jokes could offend anyone.
Okay, so there were these two Hitites, Ole and Lena...........

09-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #10614
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Sure looked like geoducks to me, but then we don't see a lot of either in the middle of the prairie.
Razor clams, dug by the hands of Mrs. Racer and myself, last year about this time, at Westport, Washington. We limited out each day (actually evening) for 3 or 4 days straight. Just had the last of them a few weeks ago.

They were tasty!

But just because y'all don't have a major coastal area right down the street doesn't mean you can't enjoy nature's finest bivalves. The Missouri river near you surely must have freshwater clams.

Dig some!

But then, in the prairie, there's always prairie oysters.
Every year at the Rock Creek Lodge in Clinton, Montana, the Prairie Oyster is celebrated at the Testicle Festival. The 32nd annual event was this past summer, July 31 to August 3.

Really it is just another reason to drink copious quantities of beer (and/or whiskey), participate in all manner of fun activities such as the Mr. Fun Buns, (best) Tattoo, Nicest Arms, Ball Eating (how many bull testicles can you eat in 4 minutes?), Miss Testy Fest, and the Undie 500 (where grown men and women race tricycles in their underwear).

Sounds like fun.
09-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #10615
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Norwegian jokes are very popular in this part of the country; particularly with those of Norwegian heritage. NOBODY could possibly have any predudice against Norwegians, so no one is ever offended. In the highly unlikely event that someone could be, there is a fallback, though. The Hitites are a people who have been extinct for many thousands of years, so it's virtually impossible that Hitite jokes could offend anyone.
Okay, so there were these two Hitites, Ole and Lena...........

Mrs. Racer likes this!

And this:

If you weren't from Little Scandinavia along with your cohorts in N. Dakota and Minnesota, you'd be in grave danger of being beaten senseless with lutefisk. Subject to intervention by Odin, you may have to go into exile with Loki.
Oh, but what a way to go!
09-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #10616
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I just realized that we're coming up on the first anniversary of this thread. We should have a party; or at least a cake.
Well I am ready!

09-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #10617
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by parallax Quote
norwegian jokes are very popular in this part of the country; particularly with those of norwegian heritage. Nobody could possibly have any predudice against norwegians, so no one is ever offended. In the highly unlikely event that someone could be, there is a fallback, though. The hitites are a people who have been extinct for many thousands of years, so it's virtually impossible that hitite jokes could offend anyone.
Okay, so there were these two hitites, ole and lena...........

:d
lol
09-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #10618
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
What does a person have to do to get this thread closed?

Should we start bashing Adorama? Threads seemed to get closed pretty quickly when people do that.

Why would anyone want to do that. Being negative about things is bad for one's own health.
09-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #10619
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
What does a person have to do to get this thread closed?

Should we start bashing Adorama? Threads seemed to get closed pretty quickly when people do that.

The thread will live on. The same may not be said of thse who try to distupt it.
09-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #10620
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by peejazz2 Quote
Pentax is a name (niche like Fuji) in the real world of photos Ricoh still not (just for making a copy) SO CIEPE IT its had a value in all this years
Uh Huh...

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
OMG, this thread is still going!?
ROFL
Yep, and it still results in capturing a few unsuspecting victims who are not patient enough to read all 10,000+ comments. (See above)

Steve