Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #10621
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Did you record the process? This could turn into a DIY article. Show others the possibilities!
Heck no. There's enough You Tube videos on the subject out there to nauseate anybody. Nobody needs mine. It's actually pretty boring the whole process of doing the bling thing. You're just sitting there forever putting on glue and sticking on tiny crystals. It's not exactly rocket science. After you watch someone do it about 20X you're yawning pretty quick. It's pretty tedious work. There is a tool called The Crystal Katana that makes it a bit easier and faster but it's like $25 and I just didn't think it was worth that.

Not for this project. If I was going to do more than just these cameras I would get one. It would probably keep me from going stark raving nuts in the end. The lesser priced tools they all pretty much suck from what I can tell. I bought one but it turned out to be pretty much the same thing I'd made at home after watching several of those how to videos and it was equally worthless. It was just a gob of wax on a stick and actually it didn't even work as well as my homemade one.

Those videos were helpful in that they did help me to pick the right glue but that's about it. I like to do crafts and I sometimes will watch other people's tutorials if I am doing something new that I need tips on but I'm not much for doing them myself. I don't like seeing myself on camera. I never have. That's why when I was playing at acting I used to do more community theater stage work than anything else. I never wanted to see myself at the cinema. Seeing myself on video really creeps me out. The doll boards I am on people do box opening videos, how to tutorials all the time.

They're always putting their faces online. Not me. I enjoy seeing other doll people's joy in opening new dolls but I don't do them myself. The most I ever do is post a pic or two when I get my dolls the way I want them. I get razzed for that a lot. My BFF and BMF's they both kid me about my only wanting to take pics. I've got dozens of shots of them but they don't have one of me. I'm a professional photographer who absolutely hates being photographed or videgraphed.

Speaking of Loki, mine actually is in exile, in the bathroom that is. He got jailed for picking on my pretty girl for the umpteenth time today. She finally had enough and was about to do some serious damage to his sassy little face so I picked him up and threw him in there with some wet food. NEVER was a cat more aptly named than my Loki. He is all pranks and mischief, has far more balls than common sense, this cat. He is totally taking his cues from his namesake, sigh. He needs to watch out though. My little black angel may look sweet but she's named Lilith for a reason. She's not the submissive type, and she can be EVIL when pissed, lol...

Last edited by magkelly; 09-29-2014 at 07:50 PM.
09-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #10622
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Norwegian jokes are very popular in this part of the country
North Dakota jokes were very popular in Montana when I lived there...

Steve

---------- Post added 09-29-14 at 07:38 PM ----------

Hitites
Hittites...

Steve
09-30-2014, 03:12 AM   #10623
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

NOBODY could possibly have any predudice against Norwegians, so no one is ever offended.
That is so incredibly correct*!

...but is it really prejudice if what you think actually is true?

*Well, except for the spelling, of course
09-30-2014, 04:14 AM   #10624
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Why would anyone want to do that. Being negative about things is bad for one's own health.
Akin to bashing Oscar Mayer for providing bacon. Untenable.

---------- Post added 09-30-14 at 07:44 AM ----------

NOBODY could possibly have any predudice against Norwegians, so no one is ever offended.
Well, uh, actually, my ancestors in Scotland weren't all that thrilled by the surprise barbecues you Norse threw on the coast a few generations back but I guess it was all in good fun.

09-30-2014, 04:52 AM   #10625
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually, my ancestors, like yours, were the home team at those games.
As far as I know, I have no Scandinavian ancestry.
09-30-2014, 06:06 AM   #10626
Veteran Member

Well, he's Swedish not Norwegian, but his ancestors were Vikings probably and he's played a Viking and for men that look like this I will forgive the Norse much, even sacking every abbey in Ireland, abducting nuns, laying waste to whole villages etc. Well, okay, maybe not for all that stuff, cause my ancestors bore the brunt of that, but for lots of other stuff, just cause, wink...I mean Holy Sh- THIS came from the Vikings. The sight of this man's naked behind is enough to make grown hetero women and gay men everywhere practically salivate. It was THE reason I watched True Blood long after it jumped the shark and should have been put out of it's misery...

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac118/ROBsessedBlog2/ALEX/What%20Maisie%2..._AAR_11_14.jpg

Actually the whole family is like this, sigh. Stellan was not a bad looker in his day and his sons, all of them are just totally fine. Not a bad looker in the bunch so far as I've seen. But AS? He's a gift from the universe, I swear. The genetics there they are so good they are just staggering. Nordic guys that look like this they've always been a big thing with me, though I like Celtic redheads too. I've always thought ginger guys were rather hot...

Last edited by magkelly; 09-30-2014 at 06:12 AM.
09-30-2014, 06:10 AM   #10627
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually, my ancestors, like yours, were the home team at those games.
As far as I know, I have no Scandinavian ancestry.
Actually, the kids visited just down the road from here - well, if we had roads ...
Artifacts of probable Norse origin - carved wood, sharpeners, dwelling foundations with drainage (definitely non-Dorset Inuit), woven string - were located near a community called Kimmirut, a two day boat trip from here. Carbon dating indicates somewhere between the 1380's and the 1440's. They were probalby looking for walrus & narwhal ivory and a new source of lutefisk.

09-30-2014, 06:17 AM   #10628
Veteran Member

When I was a wee kid up north I found a very old hair wee pendant that might have been Norse. It definitely wasn't Native American they said. Pattern on it apparently looked right to be Viking. My Mom made me donate it to the Smithsonian museum. I was pretty devastated. But she was right it was too old to keep and probably belonged there. But just for the record I found it in Virginia on a beach. I often wondered if they'd ever properly ID'd that and if so where it came from....
09-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #10629
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, so the Norwegians went to Iceland, then the Icelanders went to Greenland, then the Greenlanders ventured over to Newfoundland and beyond. I don't know if there's any record of them going as far as Virginia, but it wouldn't be implausible, them very much being seafarers. The Norse settlements on Greenland collapsed some time in the 1400s, though.

While the Danes and Norwegians were busy going west, throwing barbecue parties on the British Isles on the way south, Stellan's ancestors were more busy going east and south, navigating the rivers through Russia down to the Black Sea. So they sort of met in the eastern Mediterranean, one party arriving from east, the other from west.

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Artifacts of probable Norse origin - carved wood, sharpeners, dwelling foundations with drainage (definitely non-Dorset Inuit), woven string - were located near a community called Kimmirut, a two day boat trip from here. Carbon dating indicates somewhere between the 1380's and the 1440's. They were probalby looking for walrus & narwhal ivory and a new source of lutefisk.
Fish certainly, but those Norse seem to have been a stubborn lot, refusing to adopt the Inuit ways of hunting while starving to death as their herds dwindled.

We haven't changed much, really. Apart from the barbecuing in Britain.

Not sure where the K-3 fits into all this. Which is a sure sign that nobody should buy one.
09-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #10630
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Hittites...

Steve
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
That is so incredibly correct*!

*Well, except for the spelling, of course
These posts are unique, hand crafted products. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance their individual character and should not be considered flaws.
09-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #10631
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

These posts are unique, hand crafted products. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance their individual character and should not be considered flaws.
Strange. My posts are just mindless babble. Any variations in spelling and grammar are further evidence of my "craft" being utter nonsense.

But hey, we can't all be artists.
09-30-2014, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #10632
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
The sight of this man's naked behind is enough to make grown hetero women and gay men everywhere practically salivate.
Sooo... How strong is this glue your using??
09-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #10633
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Ok, so the Norwegians went to Iceland, ...
And did they bring any K-3s with them? Oh no, they refused to buy any and that's a very good reason not to buy one now.
09-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #10634
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

There's mutiny afoot: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/3-site-suggestions-help/274525-suggestion...-3-thread.html
09-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #10635

Photos: Albums
if potential buyers can be scared off with a bit of bacon and lutefisk.. they should start collecting stamps or something instead of taking on the risky business of photography