Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #10801
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Next time you're over there, just randomly drop in one of these factoids and listen quietly for little popping noises as ther craniums explode:

Average length of a bacon strip: 6 inches. Inches in a foot: 12. So lets call it 2 bacon strips a foot.There are 5280 Feet in a mile. That means there are 10,560 strips of bacon per mile. On Average, 15% of the weight of a top hog is bacon worthy. An average top hog weight is 265 pounds. That means there are about 40 pounds of bacon per hog. (39.75, I rounded). An average strip of bacon weighs roughly 1oz. On average there are 16 regularly sliced strips of bacon in 1 pound. This means there are 640 strips of luscious bacon per hog. Average Circumference of the earth: 25,000 miles 264,000,000 Strips of bacon laid end to end would circle the earth. if we divided this number by 640, we find that 412,500 hogs would supply the bacon. If we divide 25,000 (earths circumference) by 3.14 we find that the earths diameter is around 7961 miles. Divide this by 2 and we have 3980 miles as our radius. It would take 42,038,216 strips of bacon to extend from our molten core, to earths crust. On average, an American eats bacon 13 times per year. Lets say they eat an average of 3 strips each time. On average, Americans eat 39 strips of bacon a year. If we multiply this number by the current US population we get 11,858,329,236 bacon strips are eaten per year in the US. If we divide this by our bacon earth circumference, we find that the United States eats its way around the earth in bacon 44.19 times a year.
Every week, Americans eat enough bacon strips to circle the earth.
Now you can run it through the dialectizer so the rest of us can understand it!

---------- Post added 10-13-14 at 02:03 PM ----------

That may be the solution to declining enrollment at those conservative religious congregations; surplices made of beer-soaked bacon for the support crew.
We already have bacon and we have a dunk tank instead of beer!

Much more fun!

10-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #10802
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Every week, Americans eat enough bacon strips to circle the earth.
But what is the Stripple equivalent? Be sure to factor in acreage and GMO correction factors.

Steve
10-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #10803
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
But what is the Stripple equivalent?
Steve
Heretic! Please arrange to have yourself cleansed of all vegetarian dialectic. There is absolutely no logic in vegetarian thinking. Except for truffles but remember it is our porcine friends who locate them.
Bathing in the oil of pressed lutefisk might do the trick.
10-13-2014, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #10804
Veteran Member

Bathing in the oil of pressed lutefisk might do the trick.
There's no oil in lutefisk. But if you want to have a bath in lye it's perfect. You might end up a bit lutefisked yourself, though.

10-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #10805
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlG Quote
There's no oil in lutefisk. But if you want to have a bath in lye it's perfect. You might end up a bit lutefisked yourself, though.
How about homemade lye soap with pork lard? Guarrateed to make you repent or go home.
10-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #10806
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Heretic! Please arrange to have yourself cleansed of all vegetarian dialectic.
Stripples actually don't taste too bad, as long as you don't compare them to real bacon or real food*. I like to think of them as a flavored substance used to make a tofu cheese sandwiches savory in some mildly recognizable way.

Steve

* They are a manufactured product made from texturized vegetable protein (soy) spun, pressed and cut into bicolored (tan/red) strips. The flavor is supplied by onions and garlic and yeast and natural flavors. The texture is hard to describe, but they crumble nicely when well-cooked in sufficient quantities of oil.
10-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #10807
Veteran Member

How about homemade lye soap with pork lard? Guarrateed to make you repent or go home.
Wonder if the Water Resistance of the K-3 includes lye. Someone should try.

10-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #10808
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Stripples actually don't taste too bad, as long as you don't compare them to real bacon or real food.
Nice try, m'boy. I looked 'em up and they have none of the most important Vitamin attributable to bacon. Cholesteral.
Now just be contrite and take your lye-soap bath like a good little fella.
10-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #10809
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

But what is the Stripple equivalent? Be sure to factor in acreage and GMO correction factors.

Steve
That's just wrong. Even my Jewish friends admit that bacon is a perfectly acceptable and important food group all on it's own!
Vegetarian? I believe that's defined as chicken, pork and other vegetables.
10-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #10810
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Stripples actually don't taste too bad, as long as you don't compare them to real bacon or real food*. I like to think of them as a flavored substance used to make a tofu cheese sandwiches savory in some mildly recognizable way.

Steve

* They are a manufactured product made from texturized vegetable protein (soy) spun, pressed and cut into bicolored (tan/red) strips. The flavor is supplied by onions and garlic and yeast and natural flavors. The texture is hard to describe, but they crumble nicely when well-cooked in sufficient quantities of oil.
Me, I prefer real bacon. With eggs over easy on butter-drenched grits. Mmmmm.

No beer necessary.

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That's just wrong. Even my Jewish friends admit that bacon is a perfectly acceptable and important food group all on it's own!
Vegetarian? I believe that's defined as chicken, pork and other vegetables.
Hmm, is vegetarian "equivalent" to a "crop factor"? Inquiring minds want to know.
10-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #10811
Site Supporter

I can't buy a K3 because I had bacon this morning. There is beer in the fridge. I had steak this evening. And, when the lens I ordered arrives I will have FF capable lenses covering 24-500 mm completely. I'll stil, use them on my K5, because we must defeat the evil hociR.
10-14-2014, 05:00 AM   #10812
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlG Quote
Cod liver oil! I was served it on my pancakes as a child. Well, with the pancakes.
10-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #10813
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Cod liver oil! I was served it on my pancakes as a child. Well, with the pancakes.
It helps make the lutefisk go down easy too!

Steve
10-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #10814
Veteran Member

It helps make the lutefisk go down easy too!
I don't think anything without alcohol will make lutefisk go down at all!
10-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #10815
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well we just got a care package from Mrs. jac's sister up north. (Yup, even from here, there's an up north). Fresh-frozen Narwhal muktaq. Skin-on whale blubber. Dice and dip in soya sauce, Nummy! Mrs. jac is one happy Inuk.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »