Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
10-17-2014, 04:53 AM - 1 Like   #10846
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I finally figured it out ... it's SATIRE that's going to destroy Tokyo ... n'est-pas?!

10-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #10847
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Spousal unit wants
And she does not give two bacon about it.
I knew that. No real man puts time into bamboo wainscotting when he could be making bacon.
10-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #10848
Pentaxian

HIs real name was Marion?... no wonder he developed a tough attitude, kinda like a boy named Sue. But True Grits would have been way more popular named, "True Grits bacon and Cheese" . They didn't do focus groups to help pick movie names back in those days.

Whenever Tess tries to do a deep voice, she lapses into a John Wayne accent... I have no idea where that came from.
10-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #10849
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
HIs real name was Marion?... no wonder he developed a tough attitude, kinda like a boy named Sue. But True Grits would have been way more popular named, "True Grits bacon and Cheese" . They didn't do focus groups to help pick movie names back in those days.

Whenever Tess tries to do a deep voice, she lapses into a John Wayne accent... I have no idea where that came from.
As for the foreign language title, lutefisk would definitely be added in certain countries ...

10-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #10850
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
no... That would be my mother's mashed potatoes!!
Smart Boy . . . . .

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
LOL! You're going straight to Hell for that one!
had he instead maligned his mother-in-law's mashed potatoes he would have been forced to take the Southern route to hell, which stops in Atlanta to change planes regardless of from whence in the South one departed.

One is force-fed multiple servings of drywall mud grits during the layover.
10-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #10851
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
John Wayne was not a Southerner.
'Southerner' is a state of Being, not a State of birthing.

Rooster Cogburn was a much better movie, if only because of Kate Hepburn (I can barely stand to watch Kim Darby).
10-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #10852
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
LOL! You're going straight to Hell for that one!
You know the turkey scene in Christmas Vacation? They used my moms cooking skills for inspiration!

10-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #10853
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Ah believe that's "suthunuh", Sir.
10-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #10854
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Ah believe that's "suthunuh", Sir.
Yep.

And her father said I'm not one. So I found a Vermont Yankee.
10-17-2014, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #10855
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Wayne was an avid sailor. He owned several yachts, including the Wild Goose, which was originally a US Navy Mine Sweeper
I saw that boat when it was in port at Friday Harbor during the summer when I was doing graduate work at the U.W. field laboratory there.

Steve

---------- Post added 10-17-14 at 04:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
You know the turkey scene in Christmas Vacation? They used my moms cooking skills for inspiration!
Have you seen the turkey scene in "Accidental Tourist"?

I could not find a video clip, but the short story translates to sister baking the turkey on low heat for 24 hours or more..."death on a platter", say the brothers. As a result, Tokyo is most assuredly doomed with the dread Satire the most likely cause. All of this due to the ill-placed name of the eviL hociR!!!

Steve
10-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #10856
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Yes, it is true that where one is birthed does not always establish who they become as they grow and mature. I have several close friends in Charlotte and Chapel Hill, NC, and Lawrenceburg, TN who all tell me that I am a great Southerner, even though I am not from the South.

Even a great friend from Sedalia, MO tells me I am Southern. Of course I then have a debate with her about how the Show Me State really is more Midwest than South. After all, it is almost in the center of the United States (doesn't Oklahoma hold that distinction?). Oklahoma, which surely is more Southern in many ways, is Southwest of Missouri.

And it is North of one of the more truly Southern states, the Natural State. Ever been to Toad Suck, Arkansas?
With the Sunflower State to the West and the most corrupt state in the Union, the Crooked State, er, I mean the Prairie State to the East.

And it snows there.

A lot.

Snow ain't supposed to fall in the South, is it?

She then tells me that her faith in me as a true Southerner is being challenged . . . . . . .

Then again, the Mason Dixon Line is a bit further North than Sedalia.

A little anyways.

Oops, I digress . . . .

And I have known many folks from the South in my years who were far from being Southern.
10-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #10857
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Darn. I completely misunderstood. What exactly is "grits"? This is not something I have encountered, even on my year long trip to the US of A!
Kinda like oatmeal, only different . . . . . .

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I know a few people though who claim it has a flavor to it.
Well, if ya put a mess o' butter an' hunny on it the taste is great!

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Say that in my Aunt Jerry's or anyone from Georgia's house and you will encounter a look that shows a complete lack of comprehension followed by the statement "that boy doesn't know what grits are, can y'all believe that?"
An' ah bet he doesn't knows whut its like t'have green beans wif chopped bacon in 'em eifer! Fry mah hide!
10-18-2014, 05:25 AM   #10858
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Even a great friend from Sedalia, MO tells me I am Southern
Sedalia is the South. Some truly vicious Southern irregulars roamed Southwest Missouri up to KC and into eastern Kansas. You really didn't want to pass through there in blue.

The question whether a Missourian is Southern is indeterminant - dependent upon whether the questioner is Northern or Southern. The answer is the contrary to the identity of the questioner.
10-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #10859
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Arrowsmith. Cool ... ROCK ON DUDES !!! Walk this way ... no R&R in the name hociR, and that's "why I won't buy a K-3" tm
Aerosmith is a prime example of how a rock band can endure, even through all the drugs, sex and adversity. Just look at these guys. Wrinkled and grey, certainly showing the wear and tear from 44 years of touring, the boys from Boston are still getting it on.

But Joe Perry looks as if he has dentures, Steven Tyler clearly hands show arthritis is slowly crippling his hands, Tom Hamilton probably owns controlling interest in the Grecian Formula Hair Color For Men, Brad Whitford is unconcerned about his greying hair but keeps his balding pate covered and almost always wears a hat, and Joey Cramer is struggling to hang onto his youth with a punk era hairstyle.

At least they have survived the trials and tribulations that has ended the lives and careers of their peers.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 10-18-2014 at 09:04 AM.
10-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #10860
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Sedalia is the South. Some truly vicious Southern irregulars roamed Southwest Missouri up to KC and into eastern Kansas. You really didn't want to pass through there in blue.
And wasn't Missouri on the side of the Confederacy?

The question whether a Missourian is Southern is indeterminant - dependent upon whether the questioner is Northern or Southern. The answer is the contrary to the identity of the questioner.
So true!