Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #11221
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Here's a hint. Starts with K, ends with 3. That's all I am saying so I don't attract teh unwanted attention of the Evil Hocir.

11-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #11222
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Here's a hint. Starts with K, ends with 3. That's all I am saying so I don't attract teh unwanted attention of the Evil Hocir.
Oooh, nice!
11-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #11223
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

There is nothing of that nature in your signature (yet?)
Are you holding off until Evil Hocir is subdued?
11-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #11224
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Perhaps it's written in invisible ink?

11-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #11225
Site Supporter

I never stick them in my sig until they are in my hands. Of course it will not let me add the OGPS-1 unit, so it might not let me add the other.
11-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #11226
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I never stick them in my sig until they are in my hands. Of course it will not let me add the OGPS-1 unit, so it might not let me add the other.
Ah, yes, I think there's a limit to the amount of letters!
11-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #11227
Site Supporter

I think after I settle in I may sell my film cameras, the lenses on them of listed, and both the 28-80 and 70-210 along with the 70-300.

11-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #11228
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Agreed re the 28-80, but the 70-210 can render quite a sharp shot. And, I rather like the 70-300 too. How are you finding that Sigma 150-500?
11-09-2014, 11:07 PM   #11229
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
OK - What's a "shoe moulding"?
I believe he is referring to the wooden trim where the wall meets the floor. Usually a few inches (8 to 10 cm) high, it is there to provide a place for the vacuum cleaner (and shoes) to bump into to prevent wear or damage to the wallboard, and to cover any irregular gaps where the wallboard meet the flooring.
11-09-2014, 11:09 PM   #11230
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Well Rod, I'm probably the only one here who's a bit over the Haka before every rugby match and before anything else for that matter. I'm much more interested in football (soccer) than rugby, whether that be league or union or those strange Ausie rules!

I'm very much a SA Cricket supporter, but as for the rugby, we tend to confuse the kids (as to loyalties of the day) as we support SA when they play anyone and support the AB's when they play anyone other than the Sprinkboks!
Haka?

AB's?

Sprinkboks?

What are you talking about?
11-10-2014, 12:05 AM - 1 Like   #11231
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
What are you talking about?
I'll save Mark the effort-
1. Haka - dance of intimidation performed by NZ rugby teams prior to the game. You of the US (I nearly called you a yank, which would have been disrespectful) probably have a underdressed cheer squad doing something similar!! The haka is of Maori origin and was probably even scarier to early settlers in NZ
2. AB's - the national NZ rugby team; the All Blacks. Guess what colour the team shorts and shirts are.
3. Springboks - Africa antelope that SPRINGS (!) as it runs. - South African name of their rugby team.

With respect, you Americans need to get out more.
11-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #11232
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I believe he is referring to the wooden trim where the wall meets the floor. Usually a few inches (8 to 10 cm) high, it is there to provide a place for the vacuum cleaner (and shoes) to bump into to prevent wear or damage to the wallboard, and to cover any irregular gaps where the wallboard meet the flooring.
Aha! We call that a skirting!
And, what you call a "crown moulding" we call a "cornice" (except if it's a particular shape in which case it's called a "scotia".
11-10-2014, 01:37 AM   #11233
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

and we call it a skirting board!
11-10-2014, 01:47 AM   #11234
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll save Mark the effort-
1. Haka - dance of intimidation performed by NZ rugby teams prior to the game. You of the US (I nearly called you a yank, which would have been disrespectful) probably have a underdressed cheer squad doing something similar!! The haka is of Maori origin and was probably even scarier to early settlers in NZ
2. AB's - the national NZ rugby team; the All Blacks. Guess what colour the team shorts and shirts are.
3. Springboks - Africa antelope that SPRINGS (!) as it runs. - South African name of their rugby team.

Thanks Rod!

Adding to that: The AB's played USA very recently in Chicago. The result was not in USA's favour.
The Haka was originally a Maori war dance. If you were on the receiving end of it, some 200 years ago, you were dinner. (Quite literally!)
It's an interesting conundrum that the South African Rugby Team is named after a small, timid antelope which key claim to fame, in the wild, is to often be lunch. Coincidentally - they're quite yummy!
11-10-2014, 01:51 AM   #11235
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

You won't offend by calling me a Yank, after all, one of our baseball teams is the Yankees.

I do know of the Maori, but mostly that they are the indigenous people of New Zealand.

The AB did have me wondering. Our neighbours to the North have a province that is abbreviated AB.

The deer that roam in my area spring as they run.

I get out.

I've even been to a foreign country.

Canada.

Actually I have been to 6 of the provinces that border the US. Every one a delight to visit, both for work and pleasure.

As for Rugby, I have seen a match or two. If I was to follow a ball game, it would be Rugby. The game surely is a test of a teams abilities.

But I am a true and pure Gearhead. My adventure bucket is full, and I barely have time for the stuff that is already in it.

I did roady for a rock band back in the mid 1970's that played a season ending celebration for some players out my way.

Them boys like to drink. And they get real "playful" after a few pints of Guinness.

One of the players had a bumper sticker on his car.

RUGBY PLAYERS EAT THEIR DEAD