Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #11311
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
LOL! Sounds like you had heaps of fun!
It was, but for some reason I was sore and my head hurt the next day. I think it was the evil Hocir trying to pierce my disguise...

11-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #11312
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
It was, but for some reason I was sore and my head hurt the next day. I think it was the evil Hocir trying to pierce my disguise...
"Sore"??? I hope these were real girls!
11-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #11313
Site Supporter

"Sore"??? I hope these were real girls!
Sore muscles, like I had hiked for 10 miles after all winter of not hiking. They were either real girls or some surgeon is really, really good.
11-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #11314
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sore muscles, like I had hiked for 10 miles after all winter of not hiking. They were either real girls or some surgeon is really, really good.
Hiking in a Halloween Outfit? You're brave! Well, medical science is advancing all the time!

11-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #11315
Site Supporter

Hiking in a Halloween Outfit? You're brave! Well, medical science is advancing all the time!
What has science done?!?! Now if only it could make me look like an addonis and have a thick full head of hair. I got screwd in that department, It started coming out at 23 and now there's a patch missing!
11-11-2014, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #11316
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What has science done?!?! Now if only it could make me look like an addonis and have a thick full head of hair. I got screwd in that department, It started coming out at 23 and now there's a patch missing!
So, to sum up: You went for a 10 mile hike, in a fairy princess outfit, with no hair on your head, met three real girls at a comicon convention, saw enough of them to attest with veracity to their anatomical correctness, woke up with a sore head and various sore other parts, (as yet unnamed and probably better so) and yet question the miracles of modern science???
11-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #11317
Site Supporter

So, to sum up: You went for a 10 mile hike, in a fairy princess outfit, with no hair on your head, met three real girls at a comicon convention, saw enough of them to attest with veracity to their anatomical correctness, woke up with a sore head and various sore other parts, (as yet unnamed and probably better so) and yet question the miracles of modern science???
More like wandered through the con and into the bar and into a room or two in a fairy princess outfit with a full head of hair (had a great wig on for that) and met three decent looking cosplaying girls in the bar at the convention, saw enough of them to attest to the anatomical correctness, (and yes, the soreness will remain unexplained here on this family friendly forum) and I question those miracles because I'm still kinda fat and missing most of the hair in a spot about two inches in diameter on my head.

I need to make the ladies swoon while not being dressed in a fairy princess costume and full of margaritas.

11-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #11318
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

More like wandered through the con and into the bar and into a room or two in a fairy princess outfit with a full head of hair (had a great wig on for that) and met three decent looking cosplaying girls in the bar at the convention, saw enough of them to attest to the anatomical correctness, (and yes, the soreness will remain unexplained here on this family friendly forum) and I question those miracles because I'm still kinda fat and missing most of the hair in a spot about two inches in diameter on my head.

I need to make the ladies swoon while not being dressed in a fairy princess costume and full of margaritas.
Well, if it was an anime convention, as you point out, then there was probably enough fur involved to hide that bald patch! And, thanks to the miracle of anime or modern science you need not have worried about the bald patch, being dimensionally challenged or, for that matter, the things best left unsaid on a family friendly forum page which involves three interesting, if species challenged, real creatures of the female variety.
In short, if it works, don't knock it!
11-11-2014, 07:30 PM   #11319
Site Supporter

Well, if it was an anime convention, as you point out, then there was probably enough fur involved to hide that bald patch! And, thanks to the miracle of anime or modern science you need not have worried about the bald patch, being dimensionally challenged or, for that matter, the things best left unsaid on a family friendly forum page which involves three interesting, if species challenged, real creatures of the female variety.
In short, if it works, don't knock it!
That's what I said until I had to recover for a couple days after that night. I'd doi t again though.
11-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #11320
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's what I said until I had to recover for a couple days after that night. I'd doi t again though.
Well, until next time, best you work on those fitness levels. I find a bicycle works wonders, even if it has, apparently, altered my anatomy. (But perhaps that's the point!)
11-11-2014, 08:34 PM   #11321
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Well I took that photo in 1997.

With film. Remember film?

I didn't even own a cell phone then.

And my Ricoh XR2S. A nice film camera that utilizes the Pentax K mount. Of course this was way before things like GPS use was common, the Internet was but a Babe in the Woods, and the livE hociR had yet to become a threat to all that we know and love.

In those days they were not cell phones, they were brick phones. And in Taiwan they call them "Ta Ge Ta" which I have had interpreted to me as "the big brick thing". Very easy characters for an English speaker to learn!
11-12-2014, 12:31 AM   #11322
Pentaxian

That's what I said until I had to recover for a couple days after that night. I'd do it again though.
Please do it again ... I want another read another tale.
11-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #11323

I took my K-3 into Norman Camera today *i have the 50mm f1.8 plasticofantastico* i asked to test a D7100 with 50mm f1.8 for some instore some test shooting-
F-STOP 1.8 BOTH LENSES
FINE JPG SETTINGS BOTH BODIES
FULL AUTO GREEN BOX ON DIAL BOTH BODIES
D7100 50mmf1.4
set up tripod on floor pointed at Bottles of *DUSTOFF* on a rack

took 15 photos on CH both bodies (nikon filled buffer quickly)

whatever Pentax did to the new batch of K-3's sent to Adorama at the end of October 2014 YOUR/MY PENTAX SMOKED THE D7100!
Image Quality is superb!
Burst rate is phenomenal!
Build quality bullet proof!
some aliasing in the Nikon images and aberrations too in high contrast area!
the Pentax K-3 was crisper with less noise
Autofocus is FAST FAST FAST! and I sure hit almost 13-15 shots tack sharp...new dampening system must work!
hand held in store i got my camera to shoot ISO200 shutter 200 f.5.6!
i took pics of Nikon lenses in there display case
Tack sharp and no Moir'e in the pattern of the barrel grip of the lens i focused on...will post pics later if i can find the time
the Tech at Norman Camera was very impressed...he still tried to sell me the D750 for $2200 though

interface...
i need to learn, i was crippled on the Pentax because i know Nikon format/controls, i need to spend a day reading and playing around on the K-3
The Pentax K-3 is a Race Car like when a Plymouth Barracuda Sleeper rolled up to a stop light against a Camero or Mustang... titles went to the Mopar...word traveled fast not to race a cuda
that's what i Dub my K-3... A Black and green 'Barracuda' of the camera world!
cant wait to capture and print some very large images!

Now if Sigma would just release that damn 18-300mm Sports lens in the Pentax mount Already! been waiting two weeks with no confirmation from Adorama or Sigma when the back ordered Lens will be finally released!
Aloha Timothy

11-12-2014, 05:46 AM   #11324
Site Supporter

Uhh ohh, someone is trying to spread the gospel of hociR in here with actual camera talk, and camera talk about that which shall not be named. Quick, someone get the bacon!
11-12-2014, 05:56 AM   #11325
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bacon? No, not for a post that long, in depth, well thought out, and totally photo related.
Somebody get a rope!