Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
11-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #11446
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bravo ... and would agree with everything, except for that S-word in the last line J
"Somewhere"?

11-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #11447
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It would have been tequila for me. See, even the thing we shall not speak of tried to get me on beer, which I can't have due to celiac disease. Either that or eye kant tipe up spel tudae.
11-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #11448
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bravo ... and would agree with everything, except for that S-word in the last line J
Yeah, but Kronenbourg 1664 doesn't fit the syntax somehow.
11-16-2014, 11:16 AM - 1 Like   #11449
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Yeah, but Kronenbourg 1664 doesn't fit the syntax somehow.
We just call 'em "Seize" for short ...

Just go in a bar and order a "16" ... they'll know what you want. Maybe ...

11-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #11450
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Things started to get hazy and colors came into the mirror that shouldn't have beer(sic) there. I got weak and dropped the camera and a portal started to open. The portal closed and things went back to normal, and the camera is so tough it is fine. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten one...
You will get used to it and actually start looking forward to when it happens.

Steve

---------- Post added 11-16-14 at 10:51 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Things started to get hazy and colors came into the mirror
It just occurred to me this may be a good theme for a selfie contest with special effects. I new dedicated thread might be a result..."The hociR, the vortex, and me"...or something like that.

Steve
11-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #11451
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You will get used to it and actually start looking forward to when it happens.

Steve

---------- Post added 11-16-14 at 10:51 AM ----------

It just occurred to me this may be a good theme for a selfie contest with special effects. I new dedicated thread might be a result..."The hociR, the vortex, and me"...or something like that.

Steve
I think this should be a selfie contest!
11-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #11452
Pentaxian

... It just occurred to me this may be a good theme for a selfie contest with special effects. I new dedicated thread might be a result..."The hociR, the vortex, and me"...or something like that.

Steve
Hey ! We still have the coloring contest to wind up and judge ... so, hurry up and get those entries in before the end of the month.

PS - I have a "prize" to give away now ... a 77mm four-letter-word filter that I won as yesterday's daily prize in the "Post-a-thon" contest. Don't tell Adam that I am recycling prizes ...

11-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #11453
Site Supporter

Hey ! We still have the coloring contest to wind up and judge ... so, hurry up and get those entries in before the end of the month.

PS - I have a "prize" to give away now ... a 77mm four-letter-word filter that I won as yesterday's daily prize in the "Post-a-thon" contest. Don't tell Adam that I am recycling prizes ...
I may have to break out my mad coloring skills.
11-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #11454
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You mean all my gratuitous "likes" were not wasted after all? Oops. Je suis désolé. Congratulations on your inspired and inspirational posts.
11-16-2014, 03:23 PM   #11455
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Congratulations on your inspired and inspirational posts.
A minor miracle and we can recommend Shirley...ummmm...I mean Jean for beatification or something like that. Or perhaps just induction into the Priesthood of Pro (PoP) with first year's membership dues waived.

Steve

---------- Post added 11-16-14 at 02:24 PM ----------

Can you repost the colorless original? I lost my copy.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-16-2014 at 03:30 PM.
11-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #11456
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Can you repost the colorless original? I lost my copy.

Steve
For a small fee I can post directions on where to get one.
11-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #11457
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
For a small fee I can post directions on where to get one.
What? You didn't get the $5 I attached to my last post? Hmmmm

Steve
11-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #11458
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I lost my copy.
Steve
That has happened to me, too. Something is on my screen, real and tangible, full of colour and life. I hit the wrong key and it's gone forever. But where does it go? Is there parallel Universe that sucks things over? Is it really gone or do the NSA and CISIS still have copies? Is the hociR involved?
I know that when I push the wrong button with Mrs. jac, she is still there, much larger than life. She'll even come back and remind, twenty years after the event.

---------- Post added 11-16-14 at 07:16 PM ----------

What? You didn't get the $5 I attached to my last post? Hmmmm

Steve
See. Things just disappear. Poof. (Next time, just fax it to him)
11-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #11459
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I've eaten snake, gator, eel and snails. That's about as far as I am going on that score. I'm honestly very picky when it comes to my food and while I like some things that a lot of people can't stand I don't like a lot of things that are very popular. I don't like most poultry except for chicken, cornish hen, and turkey now and again. I love pork, but I'm picky about what cuts. Adore bacon, and ham, and white meat pork, but I'm not so crazy about darker cuts of pork loin meat or darker ribs and will avoid them if I can. I'm the same way about dark meat chicken/turkey. I don't like it dark.

I didn't mind the gator or the snake, but I wouldn't do it again. I didn't like the snails or the eel at all. No way I'd do bugs. Not even if I was starving, and I mean that. I'd eat roots or whatever first. :P

I have eaten snake, eel (most wonderful stuff), snails, and crickets, but never gator nor even gaiters.

---------- Post added 11-17-14 at 01:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Is that a metaphor for sport in general? (Except cricket!)

Have you heard of Larwood. Tried to make Australia join the other side in WWII before it even began.

Last edited by tim60; 11-16-2014 at 08:39 PM.
11-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #11460
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My Mom actually liked frogs legs and alligator nuggets. As a kid I tried both of them off her plate and actually they tasted about the same to me. Mostly like chicken except there was this tiny bit of a salty fishy taste to them like chicken cooked right after fish in a fryer. I didn't think they were bad, but I couldn't see why anyone would prefer them over chicken wings. The pickled eel came with a Polynesian appetizer plate we had. My Dad dared me so I did, but i just about threw up trying that one. Snails, those I had on a French class field trip. The teacher ordered a plate of them and dared us to try them. I did. It was like eating little slightly rubbery eraser like clams dipped in scampi sauce, which is to say it didn't impress me much as I am not a clam person at all. There's a lot of French cuisine I do like, but I can't say I liked those...
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »