Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
12-10-2014, 07:35 PM - 2 Likes   #12136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You mean like high quality bacon, or igunaq, or lutefisk, right?
Without top quality you don't get the girls...I mean the girls in the picture on the bottom of course. At least I am pretty sure they know how to cook.

I am fairly certain that cooking skills was not the top criteria for those girls in the top picture. Sure, nice to look at and all that, but do they really know how to sling the bacon, igunaq or lutefisk?

12-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #12137
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
This is why I won't buy a black K3. No class. (We could get Mag to produce a diamond-encrusted version but ....)

$41,395. That's How Much Brikk's 24K Gold Nikon Df Will Cost You
Nope. I have no particular use for the K3. It would be a waste of good Swarovsky bling and my time. No kidding. I probably couldn't afford it. It took me $90 worth of bling and at least 25 hours just to do my two little Olympus Pens. ($45 a piece, spread out over several paychecks.) A DSLR I'd probably use 20X what I used on those. Add it all up. DSLR, I'd go bankrupt trying. The Oly's have much easier and smaller surfaces for doing that than a DSLR. It would probably take me 100 hours easy...

I'm not sorry I did mine. I love them. They're a heck of a lot of fun to carry around, but it was a PITA doing them and I literally got migraines doing it. My bad neck apparently can't take doing it for long. I had to take muscle relaxants and Vico just to finish them, no kidding. I used stick on resin gems for my K-30's and a whole lot less of them. Likely I'll be sticking with that as a simple go to bling thing from now on. It's much less hard on me than trying to use the worst glue on the planet and those tiny expensive real crystals. I do like my little bit of bling here and there, but I don't think it's worth the agony using real crystals, at least not if it means using many of them.

I just bought one of those ruby red bling lanyards yesterday actually at a local discount chain store. This one was better made than most of the ones I've seen and I liked the color a lot. I still haven't figured out what the heck part of it is though. There's a long string that you can pull out almost like a yo-yo on the disconnecting key chain thing. I just don't get what the string thing is for. I get that you're supposed to dangle your keys or a cell phone or a mini cam from it put it around your neck or whatever but that little pull out string thing has me stumped. I've never seen that on one of these and I keep wondering what it's used for. I'm thinking maybe something to do with cell phones but darned if I know. I have plans to re-purpose the bling strap and I'll use the little bling keychain thing for my purse zipper for fun but it would be nice to know what the heck that string thing is for...

As for bling not being classy, well, that depends upon who's making the bling, now doesn't it? LC Tiffany used to make some grand pieces in the 20's that are worth a small fortune now and even later designers can go for a lot. I have actual rhinestone pieces from the 50's and 60's that are worth a fair bit now. Even my Mom's old 50's poodle rhinestone pin is worth something nice. I had a collector offer me $150 for that once and I don't even think it's a particularly nice specimen of the type. I actually put a vintage brooch on a M43 cap to use with my AB crystal Oly. If that brooch was intact it would be worth a cool $100 at least, but because it's broken it's not worth half now. It matched fairly well so I decided to use it and have some fun with it. But still, I'd never want to lose that lens cap, bit too pricey now, lol... :P

Last edited by magkelly; 12-10-2014 at 07:53 PM.
12-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #12138
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bienvenueici Quote
I would buy a quality product regardless of the name on it.
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

You will find out that this particular thread has little to do with the original post and everything to do with the original post, meaning that it is not particularly useful.

The rest of the Pentax Forums, on the other hand, is very useful. Have a good time here.

Steve
12-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #12139
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

The fact that this thread is not, in context, particularly useful is what makes it so useful.

Confused? You won't be after tonight's episode of Soap.

12-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #12140
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Have a good time here.

Did you mean HERE!?
We are all having a good time on this thread.
We have no idea what's happening on the photographic threads though.

---------- Post added 12-11-2014 at 02:17 PM ----------

Is soap used to wash the taste of lutefisk out of one's mouth?
12-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #12141
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's hard to imagine how the Knicks can get this bad (in a really, really bad way!)
12-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #12142
Site Supporter

I had salted herring. That taught me that people from Northern Europe have weird taste in fish. I am not sure I want to experience that again, especially in the form of lutefisk. After all, anyone who lives that far north has to be a nutcase.

12-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #12143
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Soap was a sitcom in the 70s, and that line was the final line of the intro.
12-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #12144

I do not like green eggs and ham, but I do like my new K-3. We're still kinda sorta talking about the K-3 right?
12-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #12145
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uncle Dave Quote
I do not like green eggs and ham, but I do like my new K-3. We're still kinda sorta talking about the K-3 right?
With posts like that Tokyo is doomed.
12-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #12146

Im not buying a K3 until they come out with a body that has a flame paint job.
12-10-2014, 08:52 PM   #12147
Site Supporter

I'm not buying another K3 until I get a girl that looks like the dark haired K3 girl.
12-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #12148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We're still kinda sorta talking about the K-3 right?

Hi Uncle Dave,
You OBVIOUSLY haven't read through the whole thread.
I doubt if it has anything to do with the K3.
If you bring up the subject again the very moderate moderator is likely to have a hissy fit and bin you for some days.

---------- Post added 12-11-2014 at 02:54 PM ----------

If fact you MIGHT be lucky and he MIGHT not see your recent wicked post.
12-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #12149
Veteran Member

Uncle Dave, stay away from this thread, people here are so cruel and mean. First they'll force you to read 800 pages+ in one sitting before they share the highly encrypted 5-letter password that starts with a B, ends with an N, and with letters A,C, and O in between.
12-10-2014, 09:06 PM - 1 Like   #12150
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drypenn Quote
First they'll force you to read 800 pages
...and where are you up to????