Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #12571
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
And it's quite common to eat geitost (and bacon!) with lutefisk.
Hmmmm. I wonder what a lutefisk and Vegemite sandwich (on toast, of course) might taste like.

12-17-2014, 10:00 AM - 1 Like   #12572
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Hmmmm. I wonder what a lutefisk and Vegemite sandwich (on toast, of course) might taste like.
Sans lutefisk and vegemite, possibly quite all right...
12-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #12573
Veteran Member

It would taste like vegemite. Lutefisk adds texture, not taste. I've never heard of it being eaten with brunost though... And the time for waffles with rømme and syltetøy is always.
12-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #12574
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I tried Vegemite for the first time just last year. I was curious about it so I bought a jar at World Market. When I got home I spread some on a Ritz cracker and popped it in my mouth. Once I got the gag reflex under control and my jaw unlocked I finished chewing and swallowed it. After I got over the initial shock, I tried another and paid attention to the actual flavor of it, trying to recall something I may have eaten before to compare it to. No luck. After a few more crackers with good thick schmear on them, and they started to taste pretty good. When I ate the first one though, the farthest thought from my mind was that I would actually develop a taste for it.

12-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #12575
Veteran Member

I tried Vegemite for the first time just last year.
The trick is to spread it veeery thinly on some toast with loads of cheese, then progressively increase the amount over consecutive sessions.
12-17-2014, 11:03 AM   #12576
Veteran Member

based on what i've heard about vegemite, i suspect that I might actually like it on toast, but I've never had the chance to try.
12-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #12577
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zoolander Quote
I mean the gopro's on the roof ..... !! lol I take it you have to go around and individually switch them on before you commence your drive to the supermarket.
And when you get to the supermarket, or wherever else you may be going, you will need to remove them, and lock them away somehow.

Otherwise, when you return, they will be gone!

12-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #12578
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
It is after all the season for roast turkey, . . . . . .
Christmas Goose!

Of course it would only be better wrapped in BACON!

12-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #12579
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Nah, I still prefer bacon.

Actually, this is not the season for roast pudding and trifle. It's the season for pinnekjøtt - smoked, of course. Always smoked.
That actually looks very good. I wonder if I can get Mrs. Racer to fix that up for us. It might not be easy, as even though she is Norwegian, she despises lamb and mutton.

But I love it.

Guess I must have some recessive Norwegian genes or something . . . . . . . . .
12-17-2014, 12:02 PM - 1 Like   #12580
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
52 weeks in a year. Bacon at least once a week. Yeah, same here.
About a half pound a week.

I think I need to eat more BACON!
12-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #12581
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm sure Racer's got her number...
Oh yeah!
12-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #12582
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I tried Vegemite for the first time just last year. I was curious about it so I bought a jar at World Market. When I got home I spread some on a Ritz cracker and popped it in my mouth. Once I got the gag reflex under control and my jaw unlocked I finished chewing and swallowed it. After I got over the initial shock, I tried another and paid attention to the actual flavor of it, trying to recall something I may have eaten before to compare it to. No luck. After a few more crackers with good thick schmear on them, and they started to taste pretty good. When I ate the first one though, the farthest thought from my mind was that I would actually develop a taste for it.

Glad you describe how not to have the impatience to make judgement on the first taste. That is a bit like smelly tofu. Smells a bit like someone else's pre-eaten dinner served up on a plate. Actually pretty good.
12-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #12583
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Sad and regrettable. One cannot see the earrings ...
That's because I nibbled them off.
12-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #12584
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
That's because I nibbled them off.
Jealous
12-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #12585
Veteran Member

I did the same thing my first time. I think where I screwed up, was

1. I didn't know what to expect, and expected a different type of taste. Maybe, something sweeter, along the lines of grape jelly.
2. I put WAY too much on for a first taste.

It wasn't bad after I got used to it, but I haven't been interested in buying more.