Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #12616
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
The milk people say that here too. Who can you believe?
Believe? Marketing people??

Please stop!!

12-18-2014, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #12617
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I remember that!

My grandma on my mom's side wouldn't let us watch it, as she felt it "inappropriate". She also would tear the underwear pages out of the Sears and Montgomery Wards catalogs.
12-18-2014, 03:24 PM - 2 Likes   #12618
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was in the back working on my irrigation system for my sweet potatoes. I kept thinking about all of those bacon pics that got posted to this thread. Then I kept looking at my BBQ just sitting there, not burning meat.

I couldn't resist. I had to load it up and get it burning.

1 pound of hamburger + 1 pound of bacon = 2 bacon burgers.

Cooking with indirect heat. No charcoal. All wood. Smoked at a low temp. Max temp was about 200-250 degrees. Flip the bacon when you flip the burgers. Let the bacon juice flow through the burgers as it cooks. YUMMMM!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

Lunch is ready.

12-18-2014, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #12619
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Posting BBQ pictures, particularly including bacon, in December is just plain cruel!

12-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #12620
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Posting BBQ pictures, particularly including bacon, in December is just plain cruel!
You do know that if you light your BBQ pit, the snow around it will melt and you can use it again, right?
12-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #12621
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

You do know that if you light your BBQ pit, the snow around it will melt and you can use it again, right?
Now why didn't I think of that?
12-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #12622
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That's what they say about Guinness in many parts of the world. "Guinness is GOOD for you!" according to billboards I have seen in the Caribbean.
Steve
Tess doesn't diet, she just keeps track of what she eats, and the site she goes to to help her keep track of stuff, says a Guinness a day is health food. You'll live longer... it's a proven fact, I read it on the internet.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/diet/10-Reasons...w/18515996.cms

12-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #12623
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually, numerous controlled studies over the years have shown that people who have one or two drinks per day live longer than those who don't drink at all. (Due to lower heart attack risk) Red wine is best as besides the benefit of stress reduction, it contains salicylates.
I like to point out, with regard to any of these studies, the overall mortality rate is the same. It's 100% for everybody.
12-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #12624
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
it's a proven fact, I read it on the internet.
Times Of India...double plus proven.

Steve
12-18-2014, 08:02 PM   #12625
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Times Of India...double plus proven.

Nope, Homer Simpson says that TV is THE truth. Not internet, not Times of India. And I quote: "When will we learn? The answer to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle, they're on TV!". He has been right about bacon. I'm sure that he's pretty right about TV.

The internet according to Homer is just good for raising kids:
"Kids are great. You can teach them to hate what you hate and, with the Internet and all, they practically raise themselves."

---------- Post added 12-19-14 at 11:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by parallax Quote
i like to point out, with regard to any of these studies, the overall mortality rate is the same. It's 100% for everybody.

Last edited by drypenn; 12-18-2014 at 08:07 PM.
12-19-2014, 05:07 AM   #12626
Veteran Member

Lunch is ready.
How can you spend so much time creating something that delicious and then slap it in between two pieces of cheap bread and artificial looking cheese?!

In Germany we have the tradition of grilling into and out of the year, which refers to the first special BBQ of the year (usually in May) and the last one (late August or early September). A couple of years back we forgot the latter one, so my cousin and I grabbed our winter coats and gloves, set up the grill in the snow on the 30th of December and had a BBQ in the garden
12-19-2014, 09:23 AM - 1 Like   #12627
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
How can you spend so much time creating something that delicious and then slap it in between two pieces of cheap bread and artificial looking cheese?!
It was all I had at the time, and it didn't matter. The taste of the bacon and burger smoked together overrode every other taste.
12-19-2014, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #12628

Photos: Albums
Actually, numerous controlled studies over the years have shown that people who have one or two drinks per day live longer than those who don't drink at all. (Due to lower heart attack risk) Red wine is best as besides the benefit of stress reduction, it contains salicylates.
I like to point out, with regard to any of these studies, the overall mortality rate is the same. It's 100% for everybody.
about the mortality rates. it's a little known fact, but cucumbers are really deadly, everyone who's tried one or even seen one, eventually dies!
12-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #12629
Veteran Member

Would you mind citing these studies, 'cause I don't believe it for a second. Red wine, yes, but alcohol in general?
12-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #12630
Veteran Member

Yeah. It should be lutefisk-pictures in December, I agree.