Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108814 Likes Search this Thread
12-19-2014, 11:15 PM   #12646
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Rod, thanks. I think that platter looked good. The kind of thing that shows off regional produce well. I have seen vines in your region but am not aware of actually sampling the product. (I dislike the origin label 'SE Australia' - I would prefer something more specific, especially as many of the big wine companies put their head office address on the label, not the origin of the grapes.) I like a lot of cheese types although I have never like the blue mould cheeses. White and pink mould are quite palatable in what I have tasted. The pink mould was a claret cheddar. But I have never liked the smell of a cheese shop.

And the Gabba has nearly struck again.

12-19-2014, 11:20 PM   #12647
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
And the Gabba has nearly struck again.

Haddin has to go.
He has been good, but Wade is now a safer bet.

Quote from Cricinfo; "I tell you what, from a cricketing point of view this has been a sloppy session...no intensity from India, no focus from Australia. We're just meandering to the end here." How true.
12-19-2014, 11:24 PM   #12648
Pentaxian

They do have a tendency to keep them in the team a bit too long, when perhaps a rest to clear the head might actually improve performance.
Australia won by 4 wickets. Nice result.
12-19-2014, 11:49 PM   #12649
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I have seen vines in your region but am not aware of actually sampling the product

There are 5 distinct growing areas in the North east; Beechworth, Glenrowan, Alpine (up along the Ovens Valley), King Valley (which includes the great Brown Bros) and Rutherglen. All have, I believe, distinctive wines, but as I said, I wouldn't know!

12-19-2014, 11:55 PM   #12650
Pentaxian

I have been impressed by a few Brown Bros varieties.
12-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #12651
Veteran Member

Cricket talk = more bacon talk.

Just sayin'
12-20-2014, 12:20 AM   #12652
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Cricket talk = more bacon talk.

Just sayin'
So you wouldn't mind eating cricket protein bars?

Remember how this thread used to be not totally off topic? :P

12-20-2014, 01:22 AM   #12653
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote

You mean, like 842 pages ago?
12-20-2014, 01:32 AM   #12654
Pentaxian

We were also discussing cheese and imbibables, and the place of the last stand of one Edward Kelly. On your next trip to Melbourne you can see the gallows where the said Kelly was hung with the last words "such is life".

I think we had not strayed too far from normal topics for this thread.
12-20-2014, 01:52 AM   #12655
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two & a half hours north of Melbourne, at Glenrowan, you can see where Ned Kelly was captured - trying to defend himself, clad in home made armour, from the train full of police who had come to arrest him.
In this area there are still Kelly family and families of those who sympathised with him who vigorously defend his name, 133 years after he was hung as a bushranger, police murderer, horse thief and general villain.
Discussion with locals who one doesn't know well can lead to heated words!
12-20-2014, 02:32 AM - 1 Like   #12656
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
As much as we talk about food on a photography site, im surprised there isn't more food pics in this thread.
I would post more here, and even in the appropriate areas of this great clubhouse that Adam has for us to hang out at, but lately I've been lazy, or busy, or both, and have only had brief moments to read some and peck out a few satirical remarks and a thoughtful and/or helpful post in other threads.

Heck, I even said howdy to a n00b or two recently.

But my new employer gives everyone paid time off from 24 December to 1 January for the Holiday Break. Mrs. Racer and I will be spending most of those 9 days in and around Lincoln City, Oregon. We have a room right on the Pacific Ocean, near there, one with a kitchen, and in addition to my 4x5 Cambo, the great Pentax gear I have will be along also.

So I should be able to not only get caught up on several months of shots taken but not processed, but also take and post some stuff.

Some "holiday vacation".
12-20-2014, 02:36 AM   #12657
Pentaxian

Topic ?! We don't need no stinkin' topic !!!

12-20-2014, 02:42 AM - 1 Like   #12658
Veteran Member

12-20-2014, 03:23 AM   #12659
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Two & a half hours north of Melbourne, at Glenrowan, you can see where Ned Kelly was captured - trying to defend himself, clad in home made armour, from the train full of police who had come to arrest him.
In this area there are still Kelly family and families of those who sympathised with him who vigorously defend his name, 133 years after he was hung as a bushranger, police murderer, horse thief and general villain.
Discussion with locals who one doesn't know well can lead to heated words!

I should divert off the road when I go that way next. I recall the exit signs but had never called in.

Last year I took my nephew to the old gaol - he was quite taken by the replica armour displayed under the gallows, and the gallows.

Next time I go by Glerowan I will have one of my nieces with me.

---------- Post added 12-20-14 at 08:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Topic ?! We don't need no stinkin' topic !!!

We don't need no stinking badges! - YouTube

He won't last long against Ned.
12-20-2014, 03:33 AM   #12660
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
And when was this???

You mean, like 842 pages ago?