Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
12-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #12961
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
IMO, they all are. It's just not funny to me.

12-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #12962
Veteran Member

Look up. I was still typing...
12-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #12963
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Uh, nope...Not that it's not very nice. It is, but nope. What's in my box beats it, sorry. Diamonds might beat it, for some, but not for me...but that's about it, though I might just bling it, maybe, just to watch some of the guys on here wince....
I'd take a big, bad diamond over what's in your box any day. Then I would sell the diamond, buy everything I want, donate some to charity and get nice stuff for everyone I like. And then I'd buy what's in your box
12-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #12964
Veteran Member

You know I can't say I've ever seen a crappy SNL skit, but then again it's been a very long while since I've watched I will admit. I'm only messing with you cause it's fun. I will show you guys next week sometime. Making you all guess is just a way to pad the thread and pass the time. I'm sick and I'm bored because I can't do very much. I've been cooped up all week tossing my cookies. I haven't had much time for fun otherwise...
Me giving up was just another attempt to get you to speak up about what it is. Hope you get better soon.

12-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #12965
Veteran Member

They say diamonds are a girl's best friend but I've never been much impressed. I actually like labradorite, olivine, garnets, and amethysts much better. I'm cheap when it comes to jewelry. I only like silver, not gold and most of my favorite stones are semi-precious. I admire the craftsmanship of the really expensive stuff, but I have no real desire to own it. I'd actually rather have it fake instead. I love rhinestones far more than I like diamonds. Fake is fun and you don't have to worry about getting mugged usually when you're wearing it because mostly people realize it's fake and leave you alone...

---------- Post added 12-24-14 at 08:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Me giving up was just another attempt to get you to speak up about what it is. Hope you get better soon.
Thanks. I'm a bit better than I was Monday, but I'm kind of wretched actually. I managed half a pork chop and some mashed potatoes though and so far it's sticking. That's real progress. I haven't had much by way of solid food all week....(Please Rupert, wherever you are, don't post pics of anything grody food-wise after this, just DON'T!!!! I'm still a bit green. Have a heart will ya? I just know he's going to read this and post pics of something barf worthy though, you watch! )

I was in the middle of doing a new labradorite and copper necklace when I got sick actually. I'll show you all when I get back to it. It's turning out nice so far. But I can't finish it just now. Coiling wire makes me dizzy...

Last edited by magkelly; 12-24-2014 at 06:49 PM.
12-24-2014, 06:52 PM - 2 Likes   #12966
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
12-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #12967
Veteran Member

Fake is fun and you don't have to worry about getting mugged usually when you're wearing it because mostly people realize it's fake and leave you alone...
And, when you lose it, who cares. Just go back to Target and get a replacement!

(Please Rupert, wherever you are, don't post pics of anything grody food-wise after this, just DON'T!!!! I'm still a bit green. Have a heart will ya? I just know he's going to read this and post pics of something barf worthy though, you watch! )
You pretty much just demanded that he post pics, and he will.

---------- Post added 12-24-14 at 07:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
MEAT
Now that looks great!

12-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #12968
Veteran Member

That's a ribeye, right? Not one of my personal favorites but pretty decent eating. I prefer NY strip, filet, and occasionally prime rib, though like ribeye steaks that can be a bit fatty for me. A good Porterhouse usually just about hits it right. Best of both worlds. I have a 2" NY strip in the fridge I've been trying to eat since Yule. Might just get to eat it for Christmas, just maybe, if my stomach keeps holding steady. So far today it's half a pork chop, a spoonful of mashed potatoes and half a brownie. Much better, but I'm still having the odd queasy moment...

This is my idea of heaven on a plate. If I was ever to order a last meal I'd do this, mashed potatoes with beef mushroom gravy, a coke, and some chocolate pie with chocolate cookie crust for dessert. I'd die happy, sigh. I do like my veggies, some of them, but this I love....

http://eatitandlikeit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Porterhouse.jpg.900x900...p-_upscale.jpg
12-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #12969
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Id take that cooked medium.
12-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #12970
Veteran Member

My favorite bling ring looks like it costs 50K. It was about $50 because the setting is actual sterling. (I tend to itch unless it is.) I save it for when I'm really going OUT, as in wearing a formal gown type stuff. One time my BMF asked me if I'd go with him to some formal shindig because he didn't think taking a guy date would fly without comment. (It was a very conservative religious charity and he wasn't out at work then.) They were serving Prime Rib and he really wanted to go. He'd never seen me all glammed up to that extent before. He was quite impressed with the whole ensemble but the Tiffany style fake bling ring, necklace, and ear rings had him drawling "Gee, I didn't realize I was taking Miss Hepburn out for the night!" It totally made me laugh. Him too.

All my diamond stuff is fake save for two things. My Mom's little 60's engagement cocktail ring and a small diamond heart my Dad bought me before I had surgery for the first time. Neither on of those is worth much, except for the sentiment. Every once in a while it's fun just to be tacky and wear a lot of bright sparkly junk. I've been offered a lot of the real deal in my day, but I've learned Big Bling, the real stuff, it always comes with strings I don't like, unless you're rich enough to buy it yourself that is. Even if I could? I just can't quite live with wearing something that could feed a family of 4 for a year or more. If I had that kind of money I'd be doing a lot more with it than buying myself pretty baubles....

If I ever got married, and that's about as likely as me winning the lotto that I hardly ever play, I would not want a big rock. Honestly. I would just want one simple silver ring, preferably a Claddagh, with some nice semi-precious stone that I actually LIKE. The only man who's ever offered me one just didn't get that, which is one of the reasons I'm not Mrs. So and So...

Last edited by magkelly; 12-24-2014 at 07:36 PM.
12-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #12971
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Id take that cooked medium.
Medium is about 2 steps over done.
12-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #12972
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Medium is about 2 steps over done.
You prefer your meat nearly still on the hoof I take it? I must admit that lately I'm liking it a lot more towards rare than I used to. My iron level keeps going low and it manifests in me as a severe craving for meat. I've been known to sleepwalk to the fridge and eat it raw, I kid you not. It's that bad sometimes, and no, irons pills don't do it. It has to be bloody, nearly raw, BEEF.
12-24-2014, 08:38 PM - 1 Like   #12973
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

As long as it doesn't bite me back, or eat my salad, it's fine.

Last edited by Parallax; 12-24-2014 at 08:46 PM.
12-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #12974
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
As long as it doesn't bite me back, or eat my salad, it's fine.
The bloodier the better, I say.
12-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #12975
Veteran Member

I like a bit of char on mine, but bloody red inside, that's cool by me. My family mostly does medium rare except for one brother who somehow on his own developed a taste for well done. I still remember the first time he asked for a well done steak in front of Dad. Dad just looked at him like he was nuts and and point blank asked him if he wanted some A-1 sauce with his saddle leather. I can't say I was too surprised. He's weird when it comes to food that brother. My mom once cooked him fried chicken at his request and he promptly pulled off the skin part, the best part, to eat it.

When I was a kid I used to love steak. I couldn't get enough of it at home. My babysitter though for some reason she liked her meat bone dry. The woman was French and a great cook otherwise but her meat just sucked. If I had to eat dinner there she would not let me leave the table until I finished my dinner though so I'd sit there, literally from 5 PM or so till my parents came to get me at like 9-10 PM refusing to eat it. (Yes, I was that stubborn...) She told my Mom I was a fussy eater if I didn't like steak.

My Mom went "What? But she LOVES steak!" then after a moment's thought she asked her "How do you make your steak?" My babysitter answered "Well done." and my Mom laughed. "Try it medium rare." So she did and yup, I scarfed it! As far as I am concerned a well done steak is only fit for consumption by dogs, and I'm not too sure the dogs I know would eat it they're so spoiled...