Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #13021
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Perfect! Just salt for seasoning, right?
A pinch of salt, pinch of pepper, maybe some garlic powder. And, if you're feeling crazy, smear a spoonful of Cholula sauce on it.

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Wow. I leave for one evening, and you guys are talking about steak?
Well, you like to eat moths, so as soon as you left, we started talking about real food.

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
Try some pit roasted pork sometime. Slow cooked back ribs are a distant second.
Yep.

12-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #13022
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Nice. I am going to have to look that pan up.

Yep.

But, steaks better than a BBQ grill? Could be worth it.

That's the one I would order.

---------- Post added 12-25-14 at 03:09 AM ----------

I've owned 2 in the last 9 years. (I replaced the first one because I wore it out and it wasn't getting as hot as it should.) I use it regularly. About 3-5 times a week, every week. Everything from heating up a sandwich to cooking hamburgers, boneless pork ribs, and small steak. Have never had a problem with the coating coming off. I prefer to have the model with the removable grill plates for easier cleaning.
$149 bucks though? That's the price of a BRAND NEW LENS guys! (Well, about MY usual price on a new one anyway.) Or a huge load of film. Or in my case a cheap used BJD, or a brand new Tonner, or a whole slew of MH dolls, all of which I cheerfully admit I'd much rather have than a new steak pan. I'm fussy about my steak but I'm not $149 fussy, not unless you're talking about buying a little outdoor electric grill or something maybe. Cast iron pan it works a treat actually. That's good enough for me.
12-25-2014, 10:44 AM - 1 Like   #13023
Veteran Member

Shall we just rename the thread 'Norwegians discussing Norwegian food'?
12-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #13024
Veteran Member

savoche appears to be off eating his pinnekjøtt and incorrect kålstappe, so I think it's back to americans discussing steak now.

12-25-2014, 11:08 AM   #13025
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Steak is always good.
12-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #13026
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
savoche appears to be off eating his pinnekjøtt and incorrect kålstappe, so I think it's back to americans discussing steak now.
At least he has never brought up surströmming. At least metaphysically speaking. Physically speaking, the odds weigh heavily on the former.
12-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #13027
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Steak is always good.
Yup, and it's good with bacon, too....

Oh and I kind of like Norwegian pastries. I mean who wouldn't like these? Kind of yummy, no? They have these awesome little fruit filled cups and cookies too, and jams. There was a store near me in CA that sold a lot of Norwegian stuff. The owner was, and I can't say I didn't like most of what they had in the dessert section. Some of the meat and fish stuff in jars and cans kind of turned me off just looking at it, but not the cookies and that. That stuff was GOOD.

http://csumc.wisc.edu/cmct/DaneCountyTour/stoughton/StoughtonChamber/CHAMBER-PASTRIES2.jpg

Last edited by magkelly; 12-25-2014 at 11:27 AM.
12-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #13028
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
At least he has never brought up surströmming. At least metaphysically speaking. Physically speaking, the odds weigh heavily on the former.
Surstrømming is swedish, not norwegian. We like our rotten fish less smelly.
12-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #13029
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
$149 bucks though? That's the price of a BRAND NEW LENS guys!
Have you ever tried to cook a steak on a lens? It doesn't work.
12-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #13030
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you ever tried to find a Weber to K Mount adapter?
12-25-2014, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #13031
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Happy holidays, y'all, from Clermont-Ferrand!

Still bloated after the X-mas meal at my mother-in-law's ... despite the nap. Oh well, c'est la vie !

Salut, J
12-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #13032
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Happy holidays, y'all, from Clermont-Ferrand!
Et t'tout, aussi.
12-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #13033
Veteran Member

Not on one, but might it not work actually if you put it on a non flammable surface and do it under a large enough one, in sunlight? I mean think about it. I bet you could. You could probably MacGyver that meal somehow if you were stuck out in the wilderness with a piece of game you'd hunted and big magnifying glass or a big mirror or something similar. Sunlight+glass=heat source, though it would be a lot easier of course just to find some dry wood, light a darned campfire with it and use a stick to roast it. In any case there are tons of ways to cook meat wonderfully sans a $149 pan!!! MHO but I'd far rather spend $149 on a lens than a pan, laugh...

PS: MY steak is in the pan, properly seasoned, waiting for me to cook it. I'm going to do it. Hopefully it won't bite me back!
12-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #13034
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Not on one, but might it not work actually if you put it on a non flammable surface and do it under a large enough one, in sunlight? I mean think about it. I bet you could. You could probably MacGyver that meal somehow if you were stuck out in the wilderness with a piece of game you'd hunted and big magnifying glass or a big mirror or something similar. Sunlight+glass=heat source, though it would be a lot easier of course just to find some dry wood, light a darned campfire with it and use a stick to roast it. In any case there are tons of ways to cook meat wonderfully sans a $149 pan!!! MHO but I'd far rather spend $149 on a lens than a pan, laugh...

PS: MY steak is in the pan, properly seasoned, waiting for me to cook it. I'm going to do it. Hopefully it won't bite me back!
I bet you could cook with the glass from the DA 300*.

---------- Post added 12-25-14 at 02:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Have you ever tried to find a Weber to K Mount adapter?
No, but I can make you a screwmount adapter.
12-25-2014, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #13035
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I only came over here because Otis was in the Site Suggestions Forum and read where people on this thread were taking naked selfies, and he wanted to see if any had any "artistic value". I haven't seen anything that Otis might be interested in, so I will leave with a contribution of a fat 2" smoked pork chop from Coopers world famous BBQ in Llano Texas.

Put a little dab of this stuff on it if you are feeling lucky....

You better be feeling VERY lucky!

Regards & Merry Christmas!