Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #13066
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Eh ... page number?!
That post was only three pages ago. Somebody must have thought that we were having a little too much fun over here.

12-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #13067
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
That post was only three pages ago. Somebody must have thought that we were having a little too much fun over here.
I'm lost, how is what s/he wrote connected to us having too much fun? And I wanted to get the page number of the, eh ... *cough* ... naked selfies
12-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #13068
Veteran Member

I'm lost, how is what s/he wrote connected to us having too much fun? And I wanted to get the page number of the, eh ... *cough* ... naked selfies
I was thinking that the person that sent them to this thread was making fun of us for being off-topic idiots, and joking that we were posting naked selfies. Unless there actually was naked selfies, which changes things
12-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #13069
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Eh ... page number?!
Wait, what? I missed the bit with the naked selfies, must have been asleep
They got taken down. It was fun while it lasted though. It was a few pages back.

12-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #13070
Veteran Member

I was thinking that the person that sent them to this thread was making fun of us for being off-topic idiots, and joking that we were posting naked selfies. Unless there actually was naked selfies, which changes things
There we go:

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
They got taken down. It was fun while it lasted though. It was a few pages back.
Mh, it seems even this thread has boundaries.
12-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #13071
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I can assure you that rupert was joining in the fun, not making fun of anyone.
12-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #13072
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I can assure you that rupert was joining in the fun, not making fun of anyone.
He's the one that got it all taken down due to what he was posting!

12-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #13073
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I only came over here because Otis was in the Site Suggestions Forum and read where people on this thread were taking naked selfies ...
it was Otis that started all this. I think he's miffed because our menus have never included roasted chestnuts, macadamians or anything else he considers edible.
12-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #13074
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Ever open a fresh jar of kimchi?

But that is vegetables. I like it served fresh at about room temperature.

---------- Post added 12-27-14 at 08:14 AM ----------

Sounds almost like Durian ...

Durian is great. The people in Singapore only pretend to like it: they all say they like it, but you are not allowed to carry one with you, I mean a whole unopened one, on the MRT and all the hotels ban them. So the conclusion is that really they do not like them and only pretend.

---------- Post added 12-27-14 at 08:18 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
An acquired taste, but I sure ate a lot of kimchi when I was stationed over in the ROK. Yummmmmmm!

Jim

Someone here with good taste. My wife makes it in a tub at home. She got someone to teach he how to do it.
12-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #13075
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Durian smells so bad I will not willingly eat it.
12-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #13076
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
it was Otis that started all this. I think he's miffed because our menus have never included roasted chestnuts, macadamians or anything else he considers edible.
What about roasted squirrel?
12-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #13077
Veteran Member

I had to look up Durian to see what it is. Never heard of it until this thread.

QuoteQuote:
The edible flesh emits a distinctive odour that is strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as having a pleasantly sweet fragrance; others find the aroma overpowering and revolting. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine, and raw sewage. The persistence of its odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in Southeast Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

---------- Post added 12-26-14 at 04:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
What about roasted squirrel?
I prefer mine in a pot of stew.
12-26-2014, 03:26 PM   #13078
Veteran Member

Isn't surstrømming illegal in most of the world due to its tendency to explode in a pungent messy yuck?

I feel like someone should add smelly foods to the tags.
12-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #13079
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
In 1981, a German landlord evicted a tenant without notice after the tenant spread surströmming brine in the apartment building's staircase. When the landlord was taken to court, the court ruled that the termination was justified when the landlord's party demonstrated their case by opening a can inside the courtroom.

Surströmming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Or, surstomming missles.

BBC News - Sweden fire turns cans of rotten fish into exploding missiles

QuoteQuote:
A fire in a warehouse on the east coast of Sweden caused cans of fermented fish to explode and go flying through the air, according to local media.
12-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #13080
Veteran Member

Okay, laugh, here's where I stop teasing you all. Here's what I got myself for the holidays. (I helped Santa out a little. ) I totally broke my credit card limit doing. I am literally going to have to sell some stuff this next week or two to be able to keep the body but the deal was SO sweet and I wanted the lenses so bad I could not say no.

K5II
18-135 WR
DA 50mm F1.8

$599 for it ALL, and get this less, than 2100 clicks!!!!! (Sans strap. That's from Capturing Couture and it's my favorite one so far...) Sorry for the lousy pic. I'm kind of shaky today. I didn't realize I'd blurred it a bit till I was editing them all and by then I did not care. I'm still sick and I just didn't want to take out a K-30 again to redo it. Now, what kind of bling should I use this time do you think?

I'm guessing I'll be selling doll stuff and the 18-55 WR and 50-200 maybe to cover some of it. I won't be needing them now and I'd rather have the 55-300 WR down the road anyway. But I'm thinking most of the Taks might have to go too, except for one maybe for my SPII. I have to think about it a bit. But I do have to get the CC paid back down in case of emergencies. But I could not resist. Could you?
Attached Images

Last edited by magkelly; 12-26-2014 at 04:29 PM.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »