Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2014, 09:46 PM   #13186
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
lighthouse was "closed for maintenance"
...hope there are no boats in the vicinity!

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Where did everybody go?
...to my single daughter's to give Rosemary a haircut (aka severely pruning the largest rosemary bush in the world - bigger than any in TX), mow and edge her lawns, attempt to prune her oversized lemon tree. Gave up on the lemon tree: it is some sort of hybrid that grows LOTS of lemons, but also puts on 8 feet of wood from the previous year's pruning. Each year I take away a trailer load of prunings from this one tree. The big decision is to cut it out and get a more small-garden-friendly variety.

12-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #13187
Veteran Member

Wow. That sounds like fun!
Oh loads, and I am not done yet. I'm about to log off for a while and go dump the sewing table down at the dumpsters along with the 2 old microwaves that don't work. Then I have to come home, give the cats wet food, and do a pile of dishes from dinner before I can go to bed. Oh, and I still have to check the mail because I forgot earlier. Oops....

If you guys haven't noticed as yet I keep pretty long hours and not just because I am prone towards insomnia. I have four jobs in a way. I have Dad to look after, photo jobs as I can get them, I make stuff to sell, and lately I write for at least an hour before bed. I'm trying to write a new book in hopes that it will work better than my last attempt and actually make me some money. Self publishing on Amazon has really taken off and I've decided this time I am not going the traditional route. FYI, I've had 2 books now get an "We're interested!" letter, but then go NOWHERE in actuality because of unfortunate budget cuts or publishing houses crashing or whatever. I even had an agent want to sign me once, but his terms were so bad I refused.

I'm doing this one on my own terms this time. There are people on there making literally thousands per month for writing some of the worst crap supernatural romance erotica you've ever seen. Some of them even get movie deals, cough, and frankly they don't write near as well as I do. I've decided I can do that. I can crank out semi-scary, tawdry tales and maybe make some money doing it.

Why not?

I can definitely do better than 50 Shades of S&M Drek or that sparkly vampire thing that made MILLIONS.

Last edited by magkelly; 12-29-2014 at 10:19 PM.
12-30-2014, 03:59 AM   #13188
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

That is truly a rumor. One of the remarkable aspects of this thread is, in over 13,000 posts, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of inappropriate/unacceptable posts. EPIC!
Come to think of it I can count my, as seen by the elevated moderatorhood, inappropriate posts on one finger (probably the middle one) - and it occurred in this thread... *hanging head in shame*
12-30-2014, 05:28 AM   #13189
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Come to think of it I can count my, as seen by the elevated moderatorhood, inappropriate posts on one finger (probably the middle one) - and it occurred in this thread... *hanging head in shame*
It's the americans, they just don't understand. :P

I've been visiting ALL the people. It's nice, but a little stressful.

12-30-2014, 05:45 AM   #13190
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
It's the americans, they just don't understand. :P
I'm afraid it was a bit out of line. Even though the only one standing at the receiving end, so to speak, was a certain maker of cameras and copiers.

No, not the hociR.

QuoteQuote:
I've been visiting ALL the people. It's nice, but a little stressful.
Amen. Once a year will do, thank you!
12-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #13191
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm here ... I'm here.

Just busy in a week of vacation. Lots of odd jobs to do inside the house, like finishing Marianne's new room. New paint, etc.

No flea problems; knock wood ...
12-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #13192
Veteran Member

Also here.

12-30-2014, 02:40 PM - 1 Like   #13193
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Just reading along here . . . watching the stream of consciousness flow by.
12-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #13194
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Just reading along here . . . watching the stream of consciousness flow by.
Consciousness? Where?!
12-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #13195
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Back to the real topic.

The cricket was a draw yesterday. There were a couple of rain delays during the Australian innings on days 4 and 5. Enough time was lost that there could have been a result. So, does that mean that India was saved by the rain?
12-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #13196
Veteran Member

Consciousness? Where?!
It's a continuum - some have more of it, some less
12-30-2014, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #13197
Veteran Member

You mean like this kind of Continuum? ( I still think they should hire this guy to promote the Q. Think about it, wouldn't it be awesome?)
Attached Images

12-30-2014, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #13198
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Consciousness? Where?!
What consciousness? All this time in here, I never realized there was an actual stream of sentient thinking. More like a derailed train most of the time.
12-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #13199
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
What consciousness? All this time in here, I never realized there was an actual stream of sentient thinking. More like a derailed train most of the time.
Yep. I'm definitely more derailed than conscious!
12-30-2014, 04:19 PM   #13200
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
So, does that mean that India was saved by the rain?
No. India was saved by some very slow Aussie batting and a very poor agreement to call stumps early.
Faster batting from half way through day 4 would have meant more time to bowl India out.
And I would not have called off play with 4 overs to go, given the brittle (pathetic?) nature of India's last 4 or 5 batsmen. I would not have called it off with 4 balls to go!!
Doesn't anyone remember Michael Clark in Sydney a few years ago? - 3 wickets in the last over of the day, against India!!!!!!!!!!!!!