Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
01-16-2015, 02:45 PM   #13621
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Winter here, so not a lot of flies indoors to analyze ... but I blew on the laptop screen to clear and double check that smell thingy again ...

All I got was the back whiff of the cheap Bordeaux that I am trying to polish off ... I am thinking success now, maybe.
Can't smell a thing here. I've finished off some left-over Christmas beer (9%), and now some rather good Italian Ripasso.

Umm, where was I...?

Oh yes, bacon. Surely, bacon doesn't attract flies. The whole business of smoking the meat would be quite pointless then, wouldn't it. Or if it does attract flies it must mean it hasn't been properly smoked. And as such not proper bacon.

You know, just think of Bud and beer and you'll get it.

01-16-2015, 02:51 PM - 3 Likes   #13622
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, and even though the moment has passed, I got a screenshot of our Almighty Mod liking 645.

Not sure whether that's the original 645, the 645N, 645NII, the D, or the Z - or all of the above - but anyway I think it's a piece of history worth sharing and remembering.

01-16-2015, 05:58 PM   #13623
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Can't smell a thing here. I've finished off some left-over Christmas beer (9%), and now some rather good Italian Ripasso.

Umm, where was I...?

Oh yes, bacon. Surely, bacon doesn't attract flies. The whole business of smoking the meat would be quite pointless then, wouldn't it. Or if it does attract flies it must mean it hasn't been properly smoked. And as such not proper bacon.

Flies may not be attracted (certainly up for dispute) but wasps absolutely love it.
01-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #13624
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Flies may not be attracted (certainly up for dispute) but wasps absolutely love it.
And never let a yellow jacket know there's beer in the neighbourhood. L'il devils do like to buzz over and get buzzed.

Last edited by jac; 01-16-2015 at 07:55 PM.
01-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #13625
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
And never let a yellow jacket know there's beer in the neighbourhood. L'il devils do let like to buzz over and get buzzed.
And NEVER try to outdrink a yellow jacket. He'll put you right under the table...literally.
01-17-2015, 01:21 AM - 1 Like   #13626
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote

Umm, where was I...?

Nope. Faux pas. You put "Bud" and "beer" very close to each other! Whattayadoin' ?! Trying to start a fight ...
01-17-2015, 02:05 AM   #13627
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Today I had to get some beer, my daughter wanted to cook some pork (not bacon), so I got Coopers Sparkling Ale. I usually get their Pale Ale. Nice drop. Also got some goat cheese and some beef for a BBQ. But the BBQ had a problem. An O-ring had failed so I had a gas leak, so I had to grill the beef inside. Tomorrow I need to go out for a new O-ring.

Just saw an ad for a TV station going to show The King's Speech. There is a connection between that and the Coopers brewery. They are linked by the same boys high school. The real speech therapist went to the school which is sponsored heavily by the Coopers brewery. And the school is famous for producing army officers and test cricketers. Too bad they have only produced about 23 Rhodes Scholars. They fit in the tradition described by Tom Brown's Schooldays.

01-17-2015, 06:04 AM   #13628
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Nope. Faux pas. You put "Bud" and "beer" very close to each other! Whattayadoin' ?! Trying to start a fight ...
Oh, so sorry, must've been the wine talking

My failed attempt at an analogy could perhaps, just, have been saved by writing "Bud versus beer", but they would still be put very close.

*mumbles something about making love in canooes*
01-17-2015, 08:37 AM   #13629
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bud is gross.
01-17-2015, 08:51 AM   #13630
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Bud is gross.
Hey, watch it, buddy.

My step-uncle was named "Bud" (short for Roy Neal) and he was not gross ... well, sometimes he told some really bad jokes, but not "gross".
01-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #13631
Veteran Member

Hey, watch it, buddy.

My step-uncle was named "Bud" (short for Roy Neal) and he was not gross ... well, sometimes he told some really bad jokes, but not "gross".
I was talking about the Bud that comes in bottles, is advertised at all american sports, and is mis-categorized as a beer. No offense meant towards your uncle.
01-17-2015, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #13632
Pentaxian

But come on, Bud Light Lime is a very refreshing summer type thirst quencher, even if it's not beer. By the way it's all my daughter drinks, she claims she's gluten sensitive.... and Bud is rice beer. So it's all she thinks she can drink. I'd disown her but then I wouldn't get to play with the grand kids.
01-17-2015, 01:50 PM   #13633
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I was talking about the Bud that comes in bottles, is advertised at all american sports, and is mis-categorized as a beer. No offense meant towards your uncle.

Is there a tax advantage in the company allowing Bud to be classified as beer? People do all kinds of weird things to avoid tax.
01-17-2015, 02:42 PM   #13634
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Is there a tax advantage in the company allowing Bud to be classified as beer? People do all kinds of weird things to avoid tax.
But calling tasteless fizzy water with a bit of alcohol in it beer? You'd think that would be beneath the lowest of the low.
01-17-2015, 02:46 PM   #13635
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Bud Light Lime is a very refreshing summer type thirst quencher
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
tasteless fizzy water with a bit of alcohol in it

Not sure if normhead likes or dislikes Bud Light Lime.