Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2015, 06:58 PM - 1 Like   #14086
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Hamsters give up?
Moose strike more likely. Demanding not to be fed any more surströmming.

02-01-2015, 07:01 PM - 1 Like   #14087
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
You may want to look into what kind of plastic it is. Some plastics can leach toxins into the soil with excessive summer heat.
The tanks are made from BPA free High Density Polyethelyne resin.
02-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #14088
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Of course by far the greatest volume of 'Bring-back' is bootleg booze . . . . . . . . .
Alcohol not allowed there?
02-01-2015, 07:23 PM - 8 Likes   #14089
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Alcohol not allowed there?
Well, it's like this. To get an order you have to go to the Drug and Alcohol Education Committee which approves all shipments in concert with the RCMP (The Mounties). Except the Committee found it a nuisance to touch base with the police and they actually just approve anyone who is a relative, friend or has a potential to share their liquid refreshments. The committee has seven members but two quit because they really wanted to do their job, the Chairman resigned as Chair and Deputy Mayor when he got caught stealing the former MLA's (Member of the Legislative Assembly) 20 foot sea container** that he thought had been filled with beer and the Vice-chair got caught boot-legging so there was no quorum and the Goverment disbanded the Committee. Without a Committee no one can legally import booze so it's smuggled in. Hasn't altered the number of 'Alcohol-related' hearings in my court but ....

** He hauled it away in the middle of the night with his Cat loader and tried to set fire to it when it didn't have anything in it.
I guess he forgot that A) The middle of the night in August is broad daylight, B) Metal doesn't burn all that well, C) Everyone in town knows his loader and there's only two in town anyway and D) He would have blown 0.25 on a breathaliser if the police had arrived in time.
And people wonder why I live up here. You chaps have to watch television to get this kind of fun and even then you're thinking "That could never happen in real life!"

Last edited by jac; 02-01-2015 at 07:32 PM.
02-01-2015, 08:29 PM   #14090
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, it's like this. To get an order you have to go to the Drug and Alcohol Education Committee which approves all shipments in concert with the RCMP (The Mounties). Except the Committee found it a nuisance to touch base with the police and they actually just approve anyone who is a relative, friend or has a potential to share their liquid refreshments. The committee has seven members but two quit because they really wanted to do their job, the Chairman resigned as Chair and Deputy Mayor when he got caught stealing the former MLA's (Member of the Legislative Assembly) 20 foot sea container** that he thought had been filled with beer and the Vice-chair got caught boot-legging so there was no quorum and the Goverment disbanded the Committee. Without a Committee no one can legally import booze so it's smuggled in. Hasn't altered the number of 'Alcohol-related' hearings in my court but ....

** He hauled it away in the middle of the night with his Cat loader and tried to set fire to it when it didn't have anything in it.
I guess he forgot that A) The middle of the night in August is broad daylight, B) Metal doesn't burn all that well, C) Everyone in town knows his loader and there's only two in town anyway and D) He would have blown 0.25 on a breathaliser if the police had arrived in time.
And people wonder why I live up here. You chaps have to watch television to get this kind of fun and even then you're thinking "That could never happen in real life!"
John, it sounds like life up there is quite complex. Much more so than down here in the Flatlands . . . . .
02-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #14091
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Allows for plausible deniability
I like that one, can I use it?

---------- Post added 02-02-2015 at 02:34 PM ----------

You chaps have to watch television to get this kind of fun and even then you're thinking "That could never happen in real life!"
No-one should get 5 likes for a post, but yours just broke the rule!!

edit; the likes are increasing, now 7!

Last edited by rod_grant; 02-02-2015 at 01:52 AM.
02-02-2015, 12:10 AM   #14092
Veteran Member

Hamsters give up?
We use reindeer.

02-02-2015, 12:24 AM   #14093
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
We use reindeer.
Rudolph went on strike?
02-02-2015, 12:26 AM   #14094
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drypenn Quote
Rudolph went on strike?
Too much Chernobyl-irradiated lichen. Gives them the runs.
02-02-2015, 12:56 AM - 1 Like   #14095
Pentaxian

Too much Chernobyl-irradiated lichen. Gives them the runs.
But they are supposed to run* on that treadmill ... so what's the problem ?!

( * Back to pooh again ... sigh )
02-02-2015, 01:28 AM   #14096
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
But they are supposed to run* on that treadmill ... so what's the problem ?!

( * Back to pooh again ... sigh )
One of'em slipped and fell. caused a 10-reindeer pileup that took out the power mains to like half the country (seriously, though, that last bit isn't a joke. Half the freakin' country.)
02-02-2015, 01:36 AM   #14097
Veteran Member

The deer that stumbled, DUI? Hahaha!
02-02-2015, 01:57 AM   #14098
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey, everyone, Jac now has a whole K3! Now he will be able to take sharp pictures of low flying planes.
02-02-2015, 02:41 AM   #14099
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Stereopticons? Used for viewing small images to make them large, is my guess. Had a plastic one as a kid: insert a disc with tiny transparencies and the view the at large size as you clicked from one image to the next. I know there was a brand name that became the generic term, but that was like 60 years ago!

Viewmaster - my grandfather got one and a lot of picture disks on his trip to US in 1954.

---------- Post added 02-02-15 at 08:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Stereoscopic viewers, if I am not mistaken ... seems quite collectible here. Not my thing.

I see them at many swaps ... Stereoscope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That one is very similar to one my great aunt had when I was young. Again, had pre-made 'souvenir' images.
02-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #14100
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

One of'em slipped and fell. caused a 10-reindeer pileup that took out the power mains to like half the country (seriously, though, that last bit isn't a joke. Half the freakin' country.)
Well, your half, not mine. So it's not really anything to get upset about

Oh, right, we use moose power down here. Much more reliable than reindeer.